We purchased this rug for our family room - specially, we wanted something soft enough to sit and lie on but not so soft that kids couldn't stack blocks/legos/do puzzles on it. This rug is perfect! It feels very soft but it thick enough that we can play on it without things tumbling around. We have a long-haired black dog who sheds like mad, and surprisingly her fur doesn't seem to gather on this rug like it has on other rugs or carpets. It is also right by our back door, and though we always try to wipe our feet we inevitably track some dirt onto the rug (especially said dog) and it is easy to clean or just vacuum up - the pile is thick enough that stains sit on the surface instead of soaking into the wool and making it hard to come out. We vacuum a few times a week and the rug is holding up well there too - other wool rugs i have shed like crazy but this one doesn't seem to barely at all. I really like the colors, but it is hard to describe because everyone's computer monitor is a little different. As a reference, the green band is pretty close to Sherwin Williams' SW 6410 if you can get your hands on a paint chip. The deepest blue is a gorgeous peacock color that exactly matches our Crate and Barrel Henley throw pillow in Peacock (http://www.***.com/turquoise-objec-105174). Hope this helps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty well, though the colors on the site depend entirely on your computer monitor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
I researched a lot of rugs on Overstock and read a lot of great reviews on this particular one. I was pleasantly surprised when I received it. It looks high quality and feels very soft. Doesn't seem like it sheds too much (my last rug did) as I already vacuumed it once. I love the colors and brings a bit of pop to my apartment. Shipping was pretty fast too! Overall very happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? darker, richer
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality, heavy, very soft
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good!
Love the rug. A bit masculine in color and design so both husband and wife appreciate the new rug. We like the more modern design of it..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well. Just a tad more vibrant in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like excellent quality. Have to wait n see about shedding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I have another 100% New Zealand wool rug from this same company from India. Both are listed on the back as "Chandra," and the other rug is also from Overstock, it is the "Hand-tufted Pixar New Zealand Wool Rug (7'9 x 10'6)." The colors in this rug are brighter and more vibrant, but compliment the same type of muted colors in the other rug. This is a beautiful contemporary rug for a very reasonable price. Both rugs look very striking together in my living room. However, unlike the other rug (you can see my review there), this rug had a chemical smell to it, typical to most rugs. The other rug has no smell and did not bother me at all, which is why I took a chance on this rug. I am very chemically sensitive. Even after I aired this rug out for three days, it made me dizzy when I brought it into the house. I have had to put it outside again and hope that it will be safe to return to the house in a week or two. If you don't have these issues with chemical sensitivity (not many people do) this rug should be fine for you and your family. I would still recommend that it be aired out before you bring it into the house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close and vibrant
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is the first nicer rug I have ever purchased. I wanted something contemporary, and in the color scheme for my living room. This was the perfect rug and at a great price! I read reviews about shedding, but I've had it for about a week now and have seen no shedding whatsoever. My dog loves to sleep on it (it's thicker than I thought it would be). I'm planning to get a new coffee table because the one I have covers it up too much. It's too beautiful to be covered up! Definitely recommend to anyone interested in buying it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual colors were more vibrant than on screen.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
When I first got this rug, I was a little in shock, bc it was a little brighter than was expected. After sitting on it a few days I realized it was perfect. The colors are beautiful and rich in hue. The only problem that I have is that it sheds a lot, although I'm sure over time that will change.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is slightly brighter than I expected, but I still love it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very plush, sheds a little
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
This is a great buy! The rug is well made and surprisingly soft. The color is what you get, only they're much more defined and vibrant in person. Definitely not too bright, but very modern looking. I've had all kinds of mixed luck with shopping on Overstock, but this a sure winner.
This rug is stunning and beautiful! Much more so in person than on the site, although they do a decent job of displaying how it looks. There is some shedding but, considering I haven't ever owned a rug before, that may be normal. Overall it appears to be good quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Rug is slightly brighter than the website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Just wrote a review full of praise but unfortunately the website glitched and didn't save it. Not going to the effort again, but suffice it to say this: nontoxic wool for comparable price to rugs composed of man-made materials and much prettier and more expensive looking than anything polypropylene or nylon! Healthier for kids (no off-gassing, etc.) and naturally stain/absorbent-resisting. Love it! Buy as large of size as you can - you won't regret it!
This is a beautiful rug. It is extremely thick and well made. The colors are really nice and are fairly true to the picture on Overstock. My only debate when it arrived was whether to return it and get the larger size. I decided to stick with my original order. I highly recommend this rug.
When I first saw this rug, I thought it was sooo unique, sophisticated and modern. I had to have it for my living room in my condo. When I received it, the colors were brighter than what I expected and it caused me to rethink some new colors in the room. Other than the change in the color scheme, the rug is beautiful and I would definitely recommend it.