I was planning to renovate our family room and I knew that I wanted to get the Asimi Neutral Rug from Crate & Barrel for its classic looks and beautiful neutral colors. Unfortunately it was discontinued before I could buy it. I looked around for a year before finding this lovely rug. It is gorgeous and SO similar to the Asimi rug - I absolutely love it! As I mentioned below, the color was a little different than in the picture, but not in a bad way. It was just more of a cool tan vs a warm tan. Lucklily I hadn't painted the walls yet, so I adjusted the paint color (to "Bittersweet Stem" by Sherwin Williams - it compliments this rug very well). I like that the rug is neutral but has a few subtle colors - olive, light blue, soft green, cream. Looks great on our red oak floors. We haven't had it long enough to comment on the shedding/picking. But I think you would really like...I do and I am about the pickiest person there is when it comes to home furnishings! :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? When you see the pictures of the rug online it appears as a warm, golden tan, but in reality it is more of a cool tan; like a khaki-taupe color. And what appears as dark brown on the rug is really an olive color. Like the other reviewer mentioned, the blues and greens stand out a bit more than in the picture, but definitely not in an overwhelming way or anything. It is a beautiful rug!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be very high quality. You can tell this is a nice rug. Not cheap looking at all. Very soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description says the primary color is beige, but it's definitey darker than that. I'd put it in the tan category.
I wanted a neutral rug with hints of blue and green and that's what I got. Actually very happy that there is more olive and blue/green/sage in it than described. Feels very soft, but as with wool rugs it is shedding and this one picking a tad. I just take a pair of scissors to the snags and it looks good as new. Really makes my dark wood floors and my living room more homey.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar, but not exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wool rugs are great, but they shed a lot at first and this one is starting to pick a little
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was off. More olive accents (which I love), and more of a blue/green color. Gorgeous rug.