I use a crock-pot more the older I get and I'm really enjoying this one. I've only made two meals with it, so far, but it works very well. It does cook a bit faster than the older models.. so you may want to shorten your cooking time somewhat. Very easy to clean and I love the oval shape for whole chickens.
This is a great slow cooker for the price. It's very sturdy, cooks evenly, and a heats up a bit faster than the older model slow cookers. The cord is just a bit on the short side by a few inches, but it is exactly as described on the O.Co site. I cooked with it for the first time this evening and my meal came out PERFECT! It's a simple snap to clean it too, once it cools down; of course. One thing I must point out is that the desciption on the O.Co site says that this slow cooker has a timer; but it does not. Additionally, the slow cooker should have an "ON" indicator light, and it does not. This is not discussed in the product description on the O.Co site. Don't worry O.Co, I'm not going runnning off to another retailer over a few minor details that are easily correctable! O.Co offers the BEST products at the BEST possible prices; not to mention their FIRST CLASS customer service! O.Co ROCKS and I am their loyal customer for as long as they keep knocking the blocks off of their competition! By the way, I highly recommend this slow cooker as a must have for any kitchen! Order one today before they run out! I'd go order it now if I was you!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. EXCELLENT quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The onsite description has an error.
I live in Boston, but bought this crockpot for my 23 year old daughter in San Diego, who just got her own apartment. She loves it! She has made chicken with potatoes and veggies, and said it was great to have a hot, cooked meal when she got home from work. She's also made hot mulled wine several times--perfect size for having friends over and sharing. She loves that it has both a high, low, and warm setting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Well, the price is excellent, but there are not any bells and whistles. No timer, etc. But the basic cooker works, the container in which one puts the food is substantial, and the lid fits nicely. As with all appliances, the cord is short, but who cares?
Have used it twice already. Have a larger one and this is perfect for my husband & I. Did a chicken dinner & soup!! Perfect!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
This cooker is well constructed, functions perfectly, is easy to clean and makes a nice addition to the work area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is Stainless Steel swo N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellant quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
This is the perfect crock pot for smaller meals. We have a large one and this one is much more convenient for daily meals.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is better than expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We've used it a couple times. It seems to run a little hotter than our old one.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
After reading the reviews of a leading non-profit consumer organization, we specifically looked for this cooker, and were pleased to find it at Overstock for an excellent price. It isn't too large, but provides enough room for a chuck roast or whole chicken - barely! Excellent results! Good to have a basic, solid appliance as this!
WE got this for our son's 40th birthday - he cooked beans today, chicken yesterday and then he made vegetable soup - he loves it now he says he knows how to cook, not quite but good enough - it is small though so if you have more than 3 people in your family maybe you need a bigger one. It takes only 4 hours from start to finsh to cook beans.
The first one broke after two uses. Overstock was wonderful to replace it at no charge and the new one has worked to date; however, I don't use my slow cookers much, so it will probably be years before I know if this one will stand the test of time.