This is a great slow cooker. The advantage of being able to take it anywhere just boost its potentials! It heats very well and quickly, I love the Snap-on lid with the ladle. My only complaint would be the inner crock is heavy, however that's in comparison to my older, smaller cooker, so it has little to do with the product itself. I bought this slow cooker so I could double the portions of our favorite chili, roasts, etc,.. I would definitely recommend this slow cooker to anyone!
shopped locally for comparison then went for the best price
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. as new
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I was hesitant to buy this due to a few unfavorable reviews about the gasket and lingering odor of the food. I took a chance on it anyway, and have been very, very pleased. It has one area on the back side thatt seems to cook a little hotter than the rest of the crock, but not so much it takes away from the flavor of the food or dries it out. I just make sure to have a little more liquid in that area and it seems to be fine. I have found that for the most part, it does it does seem to cook a little quicker than some of the recipes call for. If a recipe calls for cooking 4-6 hours, 4 is probably going to be the done point rather than 6. Overall, I would recommend this. It cooks well, is easy to clean and due to the locking clips, easy to carry.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have only used the product 2-3 times, but so far it has performed very well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
The only complaint that I have is the rubber seal around the lid. I understand why it's there but it holds the odor of the meal in it even after many washings. I've only used it twice. Once for chicken and peppers and the next was chicken soup. While the dishes turned out fine the rubber seal still has a very strong smell of the onions and spices.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This little workhorse delivers on all its promises. Pork roast, potatoes and veggies cooked in 5 hours on high, and just melted in the mouth after having kept warm for nearly an hour. The top can be locked in place with a rubber seal, so there's no leakage when you and your favorite dish are on the go. This refurbed model replaces my older machine - wish I'd bought it sooner.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes