We have had these chairs for almost 2 years. At first, I loved them and got a lot of compliments on them. Over the past 6 months, the fabric on the seat part has loosened on both chairs and you have to kind of tuck it back for a neat/straight surface. On one of the two chairs, the fabric on the seat surface has completely become detached so, when it's not shoved in the crack, you can see the foam and innards of the chair. And the seats have definitely lost their firmness and aren't really comfortable to sit in. I still like the look of the chairs but just be prepared that if you're planning to use these on a daily basis, they're not going to last that long.
We love, love, love these chairs. The reviews helped us make the decision to purchase. We will order two more if/when back in stock. We agree with other reviewers that seat is somewhat narrow and the back is firm but perfect for us especially my husband with major back issues.
Love these chairs. We were looking for some linen upholstered chairs to go with the 72" round table we just bought from Overstock. We bought 6 to go with it. These look great with the table. My husband was able to put them together without much trouble.
The two chairs arrived quickly and in good condition. The seat and back are already together, so all you have to do is attach the legs. Don't be alarmed like we were when we opened the box and didn't see the legs, because they were found safely contained under the seat in a velcro compartment. The linen like fabric is a neutral beige which goes with everything. I couldn't believe that this chair is 1/3 the price of an identical chair I saw online at Restoration Hardware. I thought it was too good to be true, but the chairs really are very nice and a good quality. It took us about 15 minutes to put the legs on. I am using them at a small round table in my breakfast area to replace some boring matching wood chairs that were there. They really dress up that area, and they are versatile enough to use in many other settings. I plan to purchase two more to use in my office as guest chairs.
I was very surprised at the way these chairs were packaged. The legs were held underneath the individual chair dust cover with a tie. The chairs themselves were protected with a form fitting cover which I intend to use as a pattern to make a slip cover. The chairs are very elegant looking & add much to the look of the rooms they are located in. The one thing you might want to keep in mind is that the chair seat itself is not very large.
I recently bought my first house and had a really hard time getting the right chairs. I bought a dark wood pedestal table and It looked so pretty in front of my white painted fireplace I hesitated to put bulky or high back chairs at the table. These are perfect - they are not too high and they seem to hug the curves of the table. They are comfy, though I think heavier people would have a hard time. (I'm a size 12 and they are fine.) I had been scouring antique malls, wanting something unique and vintage, but gave up my search and wanted new. These are great.
I was a little nervous about ordering these ... as I thought they would be too small. But not only are they not small ... they are have a very spacious seat and are very comfortable. I ordered 2 sets - for a total of 4 and they are perfect under my dining room table. They have a high-quality look and feel. The color is as described "light beige" and resembles the picture. I couldn't be happier with my purchase!
I'm a standard size 8 in women's clothing and the hip region of this chair fits me fine. My sister is 165 lbs and it pushes on her hips because it's too narrow. This chair is nice but you'd need to have a narrow hipped family to be comfortable in it.
Another great Overstock experience! I needed small but comfy chairs for a sitting area in my home office and these fit the bill perfectly. They did arrive with some of the legs literally poking through the shipping box, so some of the finish was damaged. But, as usual, Overstock.com and their great customer support took care of it. The chairs look great in my office and were at a great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seats are very nice and comfy. The legs were not well packaged so there was damage to the finish.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I really like these chairs. The fabric looks just like the "sand" fabric at Restoration Hardware. Two of my chairs did have a little bit of the paint chipped at the bottom of the leg near the floor, but I remedied that issue with a black sharpie. I fixed it myself because I did not want to have to go through an exchange etc., although I am sure if I would have reported it Overstock would have made it good. They look as good as new and no one can tell. The chairs look expensive and for the price you really can't go wrong with these. I am glad I purchased them, so much so I ordered two more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality but the paint on the legs of two of the chairs was chipped a little near the bottom.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
There chairs were better than I expected. Initially I only ordered two to be sure I would like them. I have since ordered more. The photos are accurate. I would say the color is a tad darker than it appears in the photo but that is what I was counting on. Everything seems nicely put together with no scratches or loose threads. The cushions are firm but not rock hard. It was actually much better packed than the "professional" movers did the last time I moved. The fabric gives a slightly rustic feel to otherwise classic looking chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better then expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The box that the chairs arrived in looked as if it had traveled around the world. I was very worried and my worries were correct. The back chair leg was broken. Called customer support. They were helpful but they had to contact the warehouse and sent me an email letting me know they are waiting for the warehouse to contact them back. One week and still waiting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric seems cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
These chairs are nice and you can't beat the price! The color is oatmeal or beige and the website picture is accurate. These chairs are suitable to sit on for hours, but not as cushiony as some high end chairs. Remember, you get what you pay for and overall these are very nice and the material is as pictured, but not high end. I paired these chairs with my farmhouse table from Restoration Hardware and they are at the head of my table. Great chairs for the price and I would recommend them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is oatmeal just like website picture color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chairs are comfortable and for the price. These chairs are suitable to sit on for hours, but not as cushiony as some high end chairs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description on website
these are very cute, well made side chairs. They are small which is perfect as we needed them to fit in a small waiting room. They came assembled which was great too. They are really classy and cute and a really good deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. really good, firm seat
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite
Very sturdy, can hold a PLUS size person even though a small chair. You might "overflow" the sloping gentle arms but it would not make you uncomfortable. We bought these because our older guest find armless chairs difficult to get up from, having just a slight arm allows easy in and out at a table with modesty (no dress or skirt revealing you). Very nice chairs reasonably priced.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Linen, creamy ivory color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate to site description
These chairs are great looking and comfortable! The fabric is truly an oatmeal as described, definitely light but not cream. Some of the other reviews mentioned the size of the seats, but I found them to really be a reasonable size, not any smaller than usual.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice fabric, very comfortable with nice padding on the seat
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate