I purchased this sofa table and a matching coffee table over 1 1/2 yrs ago for a fairly formal parlor. I have dogs, cats and a number of friends who visit regularly. Both pieces have been used as serving areas during parties and have been subject to spilled drinks, bumps and dings with the vacuum. Both pieces remain good looking, are sturdy as heck and have held up inordinately well. We've built an addition and these pieces are moving into that space with the sofa table in the large stone entry area and the coffee table between 2 loveseats in the great room. Versatile, well constructed, good finish and wildly economical. I don't write reviews until products have been used and tested. It's a pleasure giving these great pieces a 5 star rating. Thanks Overstock. always nice doing business with you.
This is a great sofa table. I have it placed in my front entry and it gives the space a modern and elegant look. It is very hard to fine solid wood furniture at a great price and this product is just that. It only took my husband 20 minutes to assemble and even he commented on the overall good quality of the wood and structure of the table. The wood inset design is faded but it stills shows the grain in the wood pretty well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good but the inset detail is more apparent in the pictures than in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality harwood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
Great table. We are using it as an entryway table and it works beautifully. The table is a solid wood, unlike many others that I looked at for the same price. Very sturdy, nice piece of furniture. The color matches the rest of our furniture beautifully which I was worried about when I ordered.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Excellent piece of furniture with a great price. I was really surprise with the quality and craftsmanship .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? IT LOOKS BETTER ON THE REAL PRODUCT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality and construccion !!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
We are very pleased with this table, especially for the price. It is a close match to our round dining table which is in the same rooms and completes the room beautifully. Putting it together was a bit of a challenge because of incomplete directions from the manufacturer but we were able to figure it out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
We were really excited to get this sofa table as we really needed an accent table for our front entry way. The first order came with a crushed end and despite the site saying 'wood' as the material, it was pressed not real solid wood. We contacted Overstock who promptly sent us a new one. When the second one arrived, we were yet again excited to put it together to only learn that it came without screws and parts to build the table. So we reopened the first box that we were holding for UPS inspection to only find that that too did not have any parts! So we called the company direct and left a msg. They called us the next day and sent over the parts, we waited almost two weeks and I called them again since we didn't get it, they were very nice and resent it to my office to ensure we got it. Putting it together was pretty simple, and it has a nice finish. Though, wish it didn't say wood under materials since it's pressed and wish we didn't have so many shipping/parts issues. More hassle than it was really worth.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not real wood, has a nice finish
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not wood as described
I was very excited when I received this table because I had a BBQ luncheon on a Saturday and the table came during midweek (before the party). I assembled as soon as I got it from the carrier. The first thing I noticed was the smell. There was a very bad stench that came from the box, especially from the entire table (legs too). The smell was a mixture of raw wood mixed with cleaning products (like Lysol, Pledge) and one fo those buffer or glazing wood products. I hate the smell of fresh or newly laid bark and the smell coming from the box and table was also similar to this aroma. Overall, the smell was NOT pleasant at all (it was hard for me to breathe as I was putting it together). I decided not to put it outside or in the garage to let the smell die out, instead I placed sheets of Bounce on top of the table and the bottom shelf. Sadly, there were minor to more than minor flaws found. There was a small winding crack on the bottom shelf (not noticable far away, but I knew it was there) and one of the inserts or opening where the legs go was slightly damaged---about a quarter of the thickness was gone, chipped away or was never filled all the way. It can be assembled by just 1 person, but I highly reccommend at least 2 ppl to put the bottom shelf in place. If done alone, there will be several trial and errors before the final positioning and tightening of the bolts (this happened to me). Also, if done alone ob this part, the bottom shelf slides as you're putting it in place and you will be left with minor scratches around the area where the bolts are because of the instability of trying to do 1 thing with 1 hand and doing another with the other hand. I started putting the legs in place first before the bottom shelf. I can't say which of the 2 is better or easier---this is by choice, but I can say that it's also helpful to have the top upside down while positioning the legs. I've placed 2 heavy ceramic fenials (opposite sides) and a havy glass bowl in the middle (all on the main/top shlef). Then on the bottom, there's a picture frame, 2 glass cups and a small glass bowl. The table is doing well holding up all these items and looks great in the hallway against the wall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched in the picture and actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Out of 100, I would rate the quality at 90%
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This table fits perfectly behimd my loveseat. It looks very expensive. Gets rave reviews.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Perfectly
- How is the quality of the product? Looks more expensive than it is
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I originally ordered this item for my entrance way, however, once I saw how beautiful it was I moved it to the formal dinning room. It was the perfect accent piece and can be used as serving table if needed. Quick and easy to put together for one person.
The console table is just the perfect size for a small foyer/entry way. My only gripe is the table does not stand flush against the wall because of the baseboard trim from my hardwood floor. It sticks out about an inch. Other than that it's a keeper.
This table looks gorgeous in our foyer. The darker color is very rich and classy. However, my husband had to finagle some of the bolts/screws to make them match, and even had to get in his tool chest to find other hardware to make it fit. Other then that, it's really a beautiful table.