I was very pleasantly surprised with these curtain panels! (I purchased the Chocolate color) Some reviewers said they weren't pleased with the fabric, and it attracted pet hair... which was a concern of mine with my very furry pup! Please know that the fabric is thick, doesn't look cheap, and does NOT attract pet hair. I think they hang nicely, and REALLY keep the cold out, and the heat in... it was a very obvious improvement while sleeping next to a drafty window! I can't recommend these enough. They arrived super-quick, and the price is wonderful for high-quality drapery panels... and yes they do make the bedroom nice and dark! :)
I just received my black out curtain that I ordered in Chocolate. They arrived a bright medium brown, not the color that I was expecting. They are very shiny and attract all duct and pet hair. They do a great job of blocking out the light are are wide enough to only use one panel per window.
I was pleasantly suprised when I recieved my package. I had orderd 2 colors, chocolate brown for the livingrm & blue for my bedroom. Wow, I'm so happy with both. The gromet tops make it so much easier to position & they hang beautifully. The material is so soft & silky. The backs are the same color & I really like this. I couldn't have asked for a better quality of curtain. I will be ordering more for the sliders in the bedroom & livingrm. This definately was a value compared to 'big box stores' that charge 'per panel' & the material doesn't come close to matching these!
Great curtain for that late afternoon sun. We could tell a difference in the room temperature within an hour of hanging them! They also make a perfect, dark room for that afternoon nap!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Finest quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on the money!!
I ordered one set of these in beige, and four sets in olive. The color, weight, and hand of the fabric are very good and we're pleased with that part. The problem is that the hems are all crooked... both top and bottom hems. If you look at the photo of the product here, the top of the fabric is hemmed at a dead straight line, as is the bottom hem. The ones we've installed so far aren't like that; both top and bottom hems are uneven. Where the left panel meets the right panel, there's a quarter-inch difference in the bottom hems, which looks terrible. I'm returning the beige ones, and as soon as I get the others hung I'll see if they're off too. I feel conflicted as to whether or not I'd recommend these to a friend.
I only gave these curtains a "Good" rating because the purpose of buying them was to keep the sunlight out of the room and the HUGE size of the grommets defeats that purpose by allowing light in at the top of the window...and I have decorator rods on the windows so they are not skimpy in size. Did the person designing these curtains expect them to be hung on a tree limb? Who would need such a large grommet? I guess these would work very well for room darkening if the rod was installed higher up from the window frame, close to the ceiling...then the grommets would not allow any sunlight in. Other than the size of the grommets, the curtains are nice. They are weighty and thus hang nicely. The color was a perfect match to the website which was wonderful for my needs. I own a pair of similar curtains that I purchased over four years ago and they have washed well and are still looking as good as new so I am hoping that these new curtains will perform as well. Only time will tell. Lastly, I have noticed a big difference in the warmth in the room since hanging these curtains on the three windows. I look forward to them also keeping the room cooler in the summer. Thanks Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match I am happy to say.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good. Unlike over reviewers, I found no problem with the hems on all three sets ordered. The wrinkles came out overnight just from hanging on the rods.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate.
Excellent quality. hang nicely. Darkening is a plus and will be good insulation in winter time. Soft fabric. Wrinkles from packaging come right out with a damp cloth in dryer as instructed. Would definitely purchase more for different rooms. Packaging was great as well. Delivered in a timely manner.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good discription
Great curtains.Pricing was for a pair and not a single panel. Blcoks both light and heat. Will be buying more in 84" for a south facing bedroom where we have a second shift sleeper.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
These look fantastic in one of my bedrooms and are truly a blackout curtain. The thermal lining is between two sections of the brown, so there is no white backing on these. The quality and workmanship is good, they are all the same length and there was no hassle during the delivery process. Others have commented on the color of the brown shade. It is a deep enough brown to match almost any piece of furniture in the room. The brown is a little shiny, but not off putting by any means. I am ordering two additional panels so i have enough material with which to make deep pleats once hung. These are a very good buy for the price and I am delighted with them.
I ordered the Chocolate Brown, which did arrive as other reviewers say- more like a bright medium brown than deep chocolate. (On a positive- it did arrive in about 2 days from order date, you've got to love that!) The fabric is also fairly shiny and I must say, somewhat cheap-looking. Having said that, I'd order them again because of a few things: the price, the ability block light/cold, super-quick shipping and location in my home. I have them in my bedroom; not living or dining room so I don't really mind that they aren't the most lovely, high-end curtains around- I mean, both panels were under $70 altogether, what do you expect? They are utility players- not beauty queens. So if you're looking for something to be the focal-point of your home, you many want to pony up some more money and get something a little prettier. If you're looking for a light-blocking curtain for a bedroom or nursery- you're going to be happy with this product. They do block the light very, very well. One caveat: I have a 104 inch sliding glass door in my bedroom I'm using them over and the 52+52 doesn't completely cover it due to the grommet top and how they hang- you lose a little width. But no worries! I'm going to order another pair for my 2 year old's room in lieu of the ghastly rolling shades in there now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was brighter and lighter than I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The material seems like cheap polyester, it's a little too shiny for my taste.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
Grommets are a bit too casual for our liking. but they work easily.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? sapphire blue was vivid...lovely color. Sage green was smokey grey green, also lovely.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? VG
I work 7 p.m - 7 a.m so I sleep during the day these curtains are the best., they block out the light very well. They also block out the noise. I tried a different brand they did not block out my light so it was hard for me to sleep. For the price this was well worth my dollar.
We were STRUGGLING to find window dressing for the new baby nursery. The windows are a weird size, and we spent over 150/window for custom cellulose blinds; they still don't fit that well. These drapes FEEL wonderful, great quality, and block at least 98% of the light. We went through a few sets up before these, so glad we did!
This is my second pair of these drapes. They effectively block out the light. After hanging for a few days, the wrinkles from shipping are gone. The look and feel of the fabric is very nice. I will be purchasing another pair when I redo our daughter's room.
We needed something to keep the morning sun out since my husband can't sleep when it is light. This did the trick. I had to alter the length since it didn't come in a short enough length. They look great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice heavy material
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Love these draperies but the color was a bit cooler than I expected. More toward a taupeish green than a warmer olive green. A nice color, but didn't suit my room. They are nice looking, not cheap.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is duller
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate