The first seat I recieved had a deep scratch, that went through the colored surface, on the seat itself. I suspect this was caused by the fasteners which were not secured in the package. (There was also a "ripple" in the paint on the lid but I could have lived with that.) I was allowed to return the item and a replacement was ordered immediately. I really liked the color and had not been able to find it anywhere else so I really wanted the seat. The replacement came without any damages or defects. However, when installing the seat, I discovered that it is slightly smaller than a standard toilet seat. The mounting holes don't quite match those in the bowl so the hinges are splayed out and I am sure that will shorten the life of the seat. It also feels smaller than the seat I had on the toilet previously. This product was made in China and I would not have ordered it initally if I had known that. I would not recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
The light minty green pictured in the product description is not what arrived. The toilet seat that arrived was the color of nuclear waste, or bile. I'd love to submit a picture to my review but it won't copy and paste in. When I called to make arrangements to return it, I was told that it would be about half the purchase price for the return. I think I'll use at a halloween party for something, but the color is too hideous for use in a bathroom.
Trying to find a match to a 1965 mint green toilet is nearly impossible but I was able to find one on Overstock.com.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
As soon as I opened the shipping box I realized this toilet seat was not as elongated as my Koehler toilet and that it wouldn't fit. I called Overstock and learned I was unable to return product (understandable) ... and Overstock.com graciously issued me a credit for the full purchase price. That was much appreciated. Since it was my error in not seeing the dimensions listed in the description I thought this was more than fair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color image was quite accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Packaging unopened, but quality looks fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? AThe description was accurate - unfortunately, I missed seeing the dimensions.
We were looking for the impossible to find Avacado green to match the Retro toilet from the 60's. This was the closest we could find and it will do the job, so much better than a white seat on a green toilet...even if it isn't a perfect match in color, it looks much better. The color is a medium mint green and not avacado. Was pleased to find the seat was actually made out of wood and not plastic like so many these days. Only concern will be the hinges. They are plastic and not metal (green as well), again pretty common in today's world so we will see if it stays on after use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color match on listing is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seat is wood and hinges are plastic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally accurate, no changes to note.