I got this bed in April, and wanted to sleep on it before I wrote this review... My husband and I was having back problems with our old mattress, but now our backs feel better.. This bed is so comfortable we don't want to get out of bed. I just wished we would have got this mattress a long time ago, would recommend this to anyone with aches and pains.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Geat
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on
My son has a a very expensive bed with the memory foam and after trying mine, he said he found it just as comfortable. Made me smile because I paid about 1/4 of the price and got wonderful product. I've always had back pain and after getting this mattress, my aches and pains have dramatically decreased. Thanks Overstock for offering such a quality product at an affordable price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was what was pictured which is white with a beige bottom.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is fantastic.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This mattress is like sleeping on a cloud and is the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. However, after being aired out for three days (with the fan on in cold, cold MI winter weather) with the window opened the smell is so intense and noxious I have not been sleeping on it. It permeates the sheets, comforter, pillows and room; within minutes of putting on new bedding it has permeated it all. We're extremely disappointed with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality for comfort, extremely low quality for the smell
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
My husband likes foam beds, I prefer a traditional bed. It took 48 hours for the "smell" to go away and for it to fully fill out. The mattress does not have handles on the side so it was a little hard to transfer it onto our box spring. We purchased the firm one so that's fine for us.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Well I just recieved it yesterday.... packaging was great.... product was shipped & received in excellant condition. It almost immediatly took shape upon unwrapping...... & I didn't notice any strong oder from the packaging. I have scaitic problems & my old matress was killing me. I wasn't exspecting a miracle sleeping on the bed last night since I had only just opened it & set it up yesterday evening. However, I slept GREAT!!! Best night sleep I have gotten in a LONG time
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellant
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellant
Love my new mattress and enjoy a pain free night with arthritus in shoulder and knees it makes my sleep sound and more comfortable than I even expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is top quality and very very comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate and even better than I expected
I bought this mattress for a guest room. It arrived in an easy to carry up the stairs bag and it took it's shape within 24 hours after opened. There is a chemical smell to it has faded almost completely after having it for four months. In the past, I sent back a very high end name-brand expensive memory foam mattress due to a strong odor it had that wouldn't go away. It was making me sick. I ended up buying a regular mattress after that episode so I wouldn't have to deal with that smell issue again. When I saw this mattress on Overstock, I was very reluctant and hesitant to take a chance on a memory foam again but the price was affordable and I read all the reviews that were posted and they all were very positive. Needless to say, I bought it and it's been a GREAT purchase! I've had it for over 4 months now and all who have slept on it, including myself, have raved on how comfy it was. My parents are in their 80's and my dad has spinal stenosis. He slept in longer than he has in years because it was so comfortable - he LOVED it. I love it too - I am ready to toss my new, expensive spring mattress out the window and get one of these for my master bedroom. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quality, comfortable mattress that is very affordable and easy to transport.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems to be good so far!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This mattress arrived much faster than I expected (within 3 days) so I was not quite ready for it. I picked this one because I have chronic back pain and was hoping it would help. Lugging the 90lb sack around by myself was tough- especially since there were no handles and the outer sack (which resembles the sack that a sleeping bag might be placed in) already had tears in it. I found that I had to treat it like a log and rolled it end over end until I got it to the bed. After several attempts to slide it onto the bed myself I caved in and called my brother to come over to squat-lift it on to the bed. I had wanted to keep the sack and reuse it, but since it was already ripped, and the cord was knotted so tightly that I had to cut it to get it to open, my brother ended up just ripping the sack of of it. The sack itself was held tightly on by two strips of clear plastic. Inside the sack was another layer of some sort of white woven plastic. My brother had to carefully cut that off as well (but it is rather messy as some of the strands wanted to fly all over). Then there was another clear plastic bag around the mattress. We carefully removed that and rolled the mattress out onto the bed and worked together to get it moved in to position. The lower part of the mattress cover seems to be a soft microsuade. The white part on top seems somewhat soft and it has some sort of gray floral detail with small white bumps making it more course than the white part. The lower part (which is a light shade of brown) was darker than it seems on my screen but that is not a problem. Additionally, there is a corded trim bridging the brown part and white part that is about as thick as my pinky finger. It looks pretty but I don't know if it will stick out when I finally put sheets on it. I would post pictures of the cord detail if I knew how to submit images. The mattress cover was put on slightly crooked (either that or it got pulled askew when I was moving the mattress around) so I thought that something was wrong when I checked on the mattress later to see if it was puffing up. It has been over 48 hours and I'm not sure if it has fully puffed as the 3-inch soft layer only seems to be about 2-inches. I'll give it some more time. I also noticed about a 3 foot long dark spot on the cover near the edge and about a 6 inch spot with some black streaks where I guess it got dirty somehow prior to being packaged. It's not a big deal and I haven't contacted customer service about it yet. I'm still trying to decide if I want to bother with that. I did go ahead and sleep on it within 14 hours of putting it on the bed since I had nowhere else to sleep and it is more comfortable than the pillowtop I'd been sleeping on. I slept better and felt more refreshed than I had in quite awhile and my back (which was sore from all of the lifting) seemed to feel better afterward. Normally when I wake up I feel like I haven't gotten enough sleep and since I got the new mattress I've been waking up earlier than usual but feeling like I got a full eight hours of sleep when I only got five hours of sleep. I suffer from chronic fatigue so I haven't woken up feeling so refreshed in years. Sleeping on my back seems more comfortable than sleeping on my side as it still puts some pressure on my hip and pelvis (but hopefully it will soften with time)-- just not as much as the previous mattress. For people who move around in their sleep a lot, I would recommend scooting over a bit to be on a different spot if shifting from back to side. I found that the mattress stays a bit mashed from my back and is not as soft on my side if I roll over on the same spot, so I just move over to where the mattress is still puffy and soft and wait for the other part to puff back up. I'm not sure how long it takes as I haven't attempted to time it. Fortunately I have the mattress all to myself so I can move to different spots, lie diagonally, and take up the whole thing if I want. The mattress isn't perfect, but its still much better than my last one. It's a pity they don't have it in Full size, because my brother now wants one. So far I am quite pleased with this purchase. If anything changes along the way I will post an update.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The lower part of the cover is slightly darker than it appears on the pictures on my screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I've always had a 4" memory foam pad on top of a traditional mattress, but decided to get a new mattress. After reading all the reviews, this one was had the most positive feed-back. Came within 4 days & I was able to get it in the house, laid out to air, & then on the bed all by myself (I'm female, 5/6" 155 lbs). Like it, but do wish I had paid more attention to the comments about the firmness/softness. I ordered medium, but as others have said, is really pretty firm. If I had to do over, would have gotten the soft.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems very good quality, but time will tell on how it stands up.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
This is a wonderful mattress! My only "complaint" was that I expected to receive it in @8-10 business days (freight) and it showed up in half that time. (Of course I could have arranged that the shipper delay delivery, but...I couldn't wait to replace my 12-year old, really tired box spring set.) I've used Overstock for years and it's always been a pleasure to do so. Still, this was a big purchase for me and, like other reviewers, I did some homework first - then went ahead and got nervous for 4 business days for no good reason. The mattress arrived well packaged in plastic and something like the ripstop nylon on a sleeping bag roll. It's movable with at least one other person - even packed, it's still big, 90 pounds (and stairs were...well, I'm glad there were only four of them). I waited the suggested 48 hours (on the frame, airing with windows open), and then put on the linens: and have slept better since than I have in years. I highly recommend this for anyone else with orthopedic problems. Supportive, not too firm or too soft. No circulation issues to speak of. I'd also recommend getting memory foam pillows with this mattress. Seamless comfort. Honest!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks like the photo.`
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful. Better than expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very. I was expecting some exaggeration, but...no.
This mattress is excellent for comfort and good sleep. However, it is lousy for sex, there is just no bounce to it. It's hard to get out of bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far it seems to be top quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This mattress is amazing. I was a little worried about purchasing a mattress online, but I am glad I took the risk. It was so worth it. The mattress came rolled tightly in a covered roll and arrived very quickly. We unrolled the mattress and let it sit for 3 days while waiting on the bed. There was a slight smell at first, but the smell subsided after a few days. We use the mattress on a platform bed in a spare bedroom and it works great. The mattress is very comfortable. I bought a more expensive memory foam mattress a few years ago for our bed, and this one is more comfortable. I was so pleased with this mattress that I bought another one to replace the mattress in our other spare bedroom, and I am considering replacing our current (more expensive) memory foam with the king size one, that's how comfy this mattress is. Some have commented that the mattress is a bit too firm, but I do not find this to be the case. This mattress is so worth purchasing. If you are worried about purchasing a mattress online, you won't be disappointed with this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I was skeptical at first about buying a matress online without testing the product out first by laying on it. However, my fiancee and i had just moved on the 16th of the month and we let the matress take about 36 hours to expand/inflate so to speak and when we finally were able to sleep on it-wow! My body was sore all over from all of our moving things. Up the stairs and down the stairs and the heavy lifting associated with moving. Well, this matress has made my back not ache half as bad as it would have normally. Again, I am a pretty realistic person and I write the truth about what I feel. I feel memory foam matresses are awesome. The one I purchased was a medium firm, and it could be a little softer, however, it still provides a way better sleep than the spring matresses I have used in the past. It sinks in in all the right places. Like I said it is a bit firm but you will get used to it quickly and if not then I would recommend a 2 to 3 inch memory foam topper to get it just right for ya. Oh, and dont buy a mattress protector because one is provided about a week after the bed comes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. after a week and a half..so far so good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? mostly accurate
Matress had a smell for awhile after it was unpacked. We did add a pillow top topper to it that adds to its comfort and resulted in a more even heat/ cold distribution. Without topper it was really firm and would get hot/cold at times.