The product arrived in great condition. It was easy to put together. The cart is very sturdy and well made. The hardware is top quality, the drawer pulls out completely and slides back smoothly. It is easy to move around the kitchen and gives me added 'counter space' where ever I want it. I used to have a 'one butt' kitchen - that is there was counter space for only one person to work, I now have a 'two butt' kitchen. In addition to good quality the cart is very good looking, especially after I oiled the top with mineral oil.
Love this table, actually enjoyed putting it together all by myself and I love it in my newly renovated kitchen. It's just what I wanted, The description and picture were a great help. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs an attractive workspace in their kitchen.
Very satisified with this butcher block which arrived very quickly and is actually more attactive that in the photo. I had to go to another site to find the weight which is 150 pounds which speaks for the the size. My primary concern was that the piece would not be substantial. Assembly is a little difficult and takes approximatelly three hours. Overall a great purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Really close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Substantial piece.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
REALLY enjoying this island. It is exactly as descibed on-line. Took about 4 hours or so to put together but as long as you follow directions it is no problem. We love it and it really adds more storage and countertop space in our kitchen. Had to sand down the top some which was not a big deal. You can buy a wood butcher block sealer from Lowes or any home improvement store. Sealing takes no time and you are ready to chop, cut, dice, whatever tickles your fancy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close, it is just a shade lighter in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good. Durable and extremely solid.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is the most beautiful island/cart I have ever seen. Read all the other reviews and most are spot on. I did have to sand the top, but honestly, with this type of wood, this is going to be the case with ANY wood product that is new and then oiled afterward. The grain will ALWAYS expand and seem like the surface is "rough." This should be expected with any unfinished wood product. I have NO regrets with this purchase and would highly recommend this product (and all other Catskill Craftsmen product) to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceeded all possible expectations
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect Match
Fair warning: this is the most unnecessarily difficult piece of customer-assemble furniture I have ever encountered. And as a grad student on a limited budget, I assemble almost every piece of furniture I buy. The directions are confusing (and the pages are out of order?), and the "video" they claim is on their website is not for this model. Nothing is marked or labeled, and the holes do not always line up. They don't even include sufficient pictures in the instructions! Unless you have a fondness and aptitude for carpentry and swearing, I would not advise you to buy this product.