Ominously, upon opening the packaging, I found a loose assortment of hardware and wood pieces, as though some other customer had been unable to put the thing together and simply tossed it all back into the box to return it. I'm pretty sure that's what happened, but I was feeling optimistic so I soldiered on. It took about 5 times as long to assemble this table as it should have, purely because of the ridiculously unhelpful instructions. The instructions depicted the small hinge pieces as symmetrical when in fact they aren't, so it took a lot of trial and error to figure out which way they were supposed to go on. Once I finally tossed the instructions aside and figured it out on my own, the table turned out fine -- neither amazing nor terrible. It's a small size, good for one person to eat or read at. It doesn't fold completely flat, but it does remain standing up in its folded position, which is nice. I'm hoping that it will hold up outside in the rain without any special treatment (or at least weather nicely).
Like the table, but it took me HOURS to figure out the assembly. I'm certainly not an engineer, but not as inept as I felt. No words, just sketches, but confusing...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Redder than i expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. table is nice, but directions for assembly challenging
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
I got it all put together, except for the very last bolt - that wouldn't fit. So now I have a useless table, all for one bolt. I am planning to go to the hardware store and try to find a bolt that will fit so I can use the table, but it's really annoying. Why can't someone do some quality control on the pieces they send and make sure everything fits together before it gets shipped?
Okay by now you have read the other reviews, The good: this really is a nice looking table. Durable and perfect for using on balconies or any outside area you want to have such a table in. The not-so-good:I have put together many items before. This is one of those that rates high on the frustration meter. All the necessary equipment to assemble was included, including two allen wrenches. These are essential to assembling this product! Next when you look at the diagram, look at it very carefully. As you put together each part, be sure to tighten as far as it will go. Make sure the two folding slats are as tight as you can get. They will not tighten completely but you want them stiff not loose. When assembling in step two make sure the legs that will be attached to the underside of the table have the larger hole on the left side, not the side closest to where the screw will come through. I made this mistake and thus that cap the screw fits into cannot be used. It sucks having to redo this step. The hardest part is putting the legs on the underside. If you have a large table in a shed, I highly recommend using that. Otherwise the floor is fine. You have to make sure the table and legs fit perfectly. This does take some finesse, a few swear words along the way, and trial and error to make sure the screw is properly inserted all the way through to the cap on the other end. And once again you have to turn the wrench until you can turn it no more. And then turn the wrench around to make sure it really is tightened. My first attempt at doing this was a failure. It took me two tries to get it just right. It is worth the effort but the diagram could be better. I do not rate this as easy assembly but moderate. Just remember that if you fold it down and store it that you ought to tighten all the screws again when you take it out again.
The bistro table came unassembled, but was easy to put together. Everything needed came in the box. The table does not fold completely flat for storage, but is close enough. It is slightly taller than I expected. It is dining table height.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched online picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made of sturdy wood. Not wobbly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate discription.
Was slightly concerned about difficulty of assembly from reading other reviews, but the design of this table sealed the deal for me. When it arrived I noted no fewer than 32 fasteners in the bag, and couldn't help wonder why the factory hadn't bothered to assemble it with their cheap labor. But in the end it took less than an hour to put together--just look carefully at the graphic to figure out the proper arrangement and orientation of components. Once assembled the table is everything I hoped it'd be. Not bad at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close enough
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Consistent with expectations
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This table was the perfect solution for our small deck. It is the right height to put between two chairs we already had and be able to enjoy a meal outside. It is very sturdy and well made.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close, it was a little more red than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The table is very sturdy and well made. The only problem we had was that it was missing two screw holes but we used a drill to correct that.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was very good
I put it together in about 15 min. I like that the top is open so water will flow through if it gets rained on...hasn't been tested yet. I wish it folded up flat so it is easier to store. It's small enough to move around by myself. I am happy with my purchase.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was carefully packed, so no damage. Parts were all there and fit well. Photo instructions were easy to follow. Even included the allen wrench so I didn't have to go hunting for tools.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Overall the table is as described.
If you are looking for a small table this is for you, the color is on the red side so if you are tying to match it to a dark or medium brown furniture the table will not match. I love the contrast of diffrent colors of wood furniture so this was perfect for me. It's very easy to put together my husband had it together in about 15 mins and it folds which is perfect. Thank you overstock you never disappoint!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes it was exact
The table had a few nicks and flaws but the worst thing was the oblong holes were out of alignment with the dowels so I had to saw off the end of one dowel.. Assembly was very simple other than that, though it was hard to get the screws screwed in. Assembled table is just what I needed.
This is a really sturdy high quality table. I had no problems putting this together, not sure what other reviewers were going on about, it's pretty straight forward. I'm really happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fairly aquarate
This table is the perfect size for a small patio or balcony. Easy to assmble, I had it set up on my patio in no time. I also am pleased with the ease with which it folds for storage. I definetly recommend this product.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Product looks great...i opted to order the table and chairs separately through Ostock, as cheaper than buying the 3 piece set...weird...but they look great...table did require some assembly, but not hard to assemble...have been getting other emails about similar products and think I could have gotten something made from the same Vietnamese sweat shop for cheaper, especially as end of season right now...good quality, and nice looking.