I liked this light very much from the photo & descriptions. Only thing that concerned me was placing the crystals on from reading reviews. The light is not the color in the photo, mine came with liuttle or no instructions except a drawing on where the crystals went. I came with 3 different styles of crystals, almost like it was repackaged from bits and pieces from another light. it has holes in the framework that do not match any of the spots to place crystals and none in other places they were to be put. I kept the light but would not recommend it to someone else.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not at all. it is a silver sprayed on black.
My husband & i wanted "chandeliers" for our individual walk in closets. our master bath has the 6 light wrought iron crystal chandelier & we wanted to continue with the theme. The 4 light Versailles chandelier was just what we needed. My husband wanted a more masculine look - so he left off the crystals but used the lampshades. i wanted a more chic look - so i used the crystals but left off the shades. a perfect compromise. Easy installation altho the crystals were a bit difficult to attach - but look wonderful once together! So happy with our choice & the price was a great buy!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Based on the reviews, I decided to make the purchase. I wanted it for my son's nursery. It looks and fit perfectly. Just the right amount of sparkle as you can add more or less jewels, depending on the amount of bling. Great price for great quality. Definitely looks like I paid more.
We bought this inexepnsive chandelier for our dining room to dress it up a little as we put our home on the market for sale. While it did the job to update the dining room, I would not purchase it again for our new home. It is of avedecent quality but smaller than I thought and a real pain to assemble as you must assemble the wire into and then hang every crystal. It trage or ook my husband and I both over an hour and half to put the chandelier together, piece by peice, and another 30 minutes or more to get it wired and hung. Definitely not a turn-key installation. Given it's size and only average quality, it would be decent for a closet, kids rooms accessory but I would not recommend it as a focal point to a main room, like a dining room. In my opinion, it would be worth the little bit of extra money to go a little grander if it's going to be in a main living space. Hope this helps anyone looking at it to make a decision based on where you intend to place it. Good luck!
We purchased the larger model of this light through overstock 2 years ago and it was high quality. black iron and beautiful. We moved and wanted to buy it again, along with this matching smaller version for the bathroom...it appears the same in the photo, but it is now a different cheaper black metal and it has silver sparkles/flecks throughout. Our electrician was at our house working so we decided to use regardless, looks okay but not nearly the same quality it was before....
This is an adorable little chandelier. It lights up a large room as well. I put one in my office and am ordering two more to put a pair over my island in my kitchen. There is a matching 6 light version which I am going to put over my eat in table with an even larger version (not same name) that is in my dining room. Love the lines of these chandeliers with just a touch of crystal. Perfection!
Unfortunately I can not review the process of putting the Chandelier up because I had my electrician do it, but, putting the crystals on was a piece of cake. This light is perfect over a smaller table. Shades are crisp white and iron is black. I'll be purchasing another for my bathroom.
While I loved this Chandelier and it looks great in my Kitchen, it was very difficult to assemble. My husband is a builder, so putting together a chandelier is a piece of cake for him. Not so this time. An "O" ring must be attached to all the crystals before they can be hung. The "O" rings are tiny!! It is a tedious project and not for those who lack patience. One of the holes in the crystals was not punched out completely - thankfully there are spares included so that posed no problem. I have ordered other chandeliers from Overstock before and the crystals are attached with wire which you bend to make a loop, which is less time consuming than O rings. Hubby wanted to send it back, but the fixture is quite nice - just be prepared!
I purchased two of these to hang over the bar in my kitchen and they are beautiful!! Some of the glass pieces were damaged but Overstock took care of that very quickly!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I would not recommend this product. It was very difficult to attach the crystals and took a lot of time. There is a level of crystals that you cannot use because they hit the next level and do not dangle. Maybe a smaller crystal should be included for those places. The candelabras were constructed wrong. The saucers were upside down which made it difficult to attach the 4 crystals on each saucer; therefore, the crystals do not dangle freely as they should.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color appeared exactly as pictured on line.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? There should have been notation that the crystals had to be attached and should be attached before you hang the fixture.
The light fixture is beautiful and perfect for my eat-in kitchen nook. The crystals are slightly different than in the picture online, more like the crystals for the Versailles 6-light version ( I got the 4-light style), however, since the buyer is the one to attach the crystals, they are interchangable and I was able to design the final look for what best suits my decor. I would buy this light again and recommend it to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, only 2 crystals were broken in shipping, but extras were supplied in the box
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, however, the crystals were slightly different, more like the 6-light version
Had the same exact experience as "deceived" reviewer. Crystals do not match picture, and come with rediculously bad instructions. Plus they are really difficult to hang in the holes. I flip houses and spend thousands on lighting for each house. I bought this to go in a half bath. It looks really cheap. I wouldn't mind so much if I only paid($***) for it, cause thats all it looks like its worth, but I've seen much nicer looking lights for this price. I will be taking it down and replacing it with something better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Metal was same, lampshades were lighter, almost pure white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decently made but looks cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very
I love the way this chandelier looks in our foyer. It brings it up a notch, which is what I was after. The product arrived quickly and in good shape. We did have some trouble with the placement of the crystals, but we just used our creativity and put them where we thought they fit. The light reflects off of them nicely, and really looks good!
We hung this chandelier in our master bedroom along with a painted ceiling medallion, and it is simply STUNNING! The manufacturer provided about 15 extra crystals which I added sporadically & it looks amazing. Very high quality piece (especially for the price). Easy to assemble and install; clear instructions. Couldn't be more pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better than I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality; packed very carefully; easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
The chandeliers are the perfect size. And exactly like pictured and described on website. The only hard part was putting on the crystals, but that would be the case for any chandeliers with crystals.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate
Good value- Chandeliers can be so expensive! Hangs over my kitchen island- lights up the room VERY well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality- rings used to connect crystals could be nicer
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Nice light. Plan some time for attaching all the crystals but nice product overall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close. Actual light has more of a metallic or sparkly finish.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good. Some sloppy welds but nice overall.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate.
I purchased this chandelier for my niece's first baby's nursery. Her colors are pink and black. Clip on shades were easily purchased elsewhere in pink. Just be sure you measure the shade before switching them. The crystals are beautiful and add sparkle to the nursery. My great niece loves looking at it! :) Chandelier is versatile and can be used anywhere in the home. I highly recommend it! Great price, fast shipping... another great job by Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Precisely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The product was easy to hang(good electrical instructions) but the crystals were hard to hang and a # of the holes to hang onto were painted over so we had to punch them out. The crystals were pretty, but did not fit correctley, they were too large for the placement. They did not hang they layed on the light fixture and it looked like they did not belong on the fixture.