I was a little worried about purchasing this chandelier because the price was so good and these are usually pretty expensive other places. After putting it together it looks great! I placed mine above my dining table and it's the perfect size. I ordered the white shades but ended up leaving them off completly because I thought it looked better without. By doing that it turned into exactly what I was wanting. It did take a little time to put up but was definantly worth it. Just make sure to hang the light before putting on all the crystal hanging parts. The crystal hanging pieces are held together by thin pieces of metal wire. Some of those came apart while unwrapping and sorting to get ready to hang but it was totally not an issue to fix myself. Overall, I would buy again and would recommend this. Just have some patience putting it together. It may seem overwhelming when taking all the parts out of the box but it's really not too bad.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Ths chandelier arrived yesterday in two boxes. We unpacked it and sorted the contents. Everything was enclosed and in perfect condition. It was not difficult to assemble, it just took some planning and thought. My husband did the wiring and final assembly of the chandelier. I hung the crystals, and lampshades. And handed things to him. :) We love the chandelier! It's absolutely beautiful -- our dining room adding sparkle and life to a dull room. It was well worth the assembly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was exactly as pictured. Perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was just as detailed. All crystal -- no acrylic anywhere.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact.
I purchased this chandelier for my nursery. I had searched many other sites and actual stores and chandeliers like this ran over $600.00...some even closer to $1,000.00. Initially, I was concerend that this would look cheap but it looks like it is valued in the $800+ range. The 100% crystals really set it off and it gives off excellent light (I thought I would need a lamp as well but I do not). The chandelier is delivered in many many pieces that you will have to assemble. I had my brother install it because he had experiece with installing light fixtures in the past...otherwise professional installation is a must!! It actually has to be put together during installation so don't try to put it together before hand. It took about 2 hours for us to get it completely installed. You will be very pleased with this purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality...can't beat it for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
For the price, this is a beautiful chandelier. The customer service was superb! One of the crystal parts arrived in pieces. They sent me a new one within a week. It was easy to assemble, particularly if you watch the videos they provide on their website. My only complaint is in the quality of some of the crystals. A few of them had scratches on them, but I do not think they are too noticable. Overall, a beautiful addition to our dining room. We feel that it was money well spent!
This is gorgeous. My first reaction when it was coming out of the box was that the majority of the crystals were very cheap looking. They only actually use very high quality crystals in a couple pieces. The directions are not complete and not very helpful. That being said though, it turned out beautiful. You can't tell that the crystals look so cheap when it is up. It sparkles like it should, very clear and beautiful. I was actually very pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it looked when it was done. My finance is quite handy so was able to pull it all together without good instructions. Someone without much experience with things like this might find it difficult and time consuming. Definitely a good buy for the price in my opinion.
This chandelier is hanging in our master bedroom and adds such elegance and sparkle. My husband is a home improvement contractor and had no problem putting up this chandelier. The crystals were a bit tedious because there are so many. If you want elegance at a great price, this is your chandelier. Received lots of compliments. If you want to wake up feeling like a million bucks, put this chandelier in your bedroom. It is truly awesome.
I absolutely LOVE this chandelier!!! It's perfect for my office! The only reason I didn't give "excellent" for all categories is because the white lamp shades arrived looking dirty! There were dirt and glue spots all over each one of them, even though they were wrapped in plastic! We are building a home, so I didn't bother checking this until we installed it, and now it's too late to exchange them - so definitely make sure you check it right away!!!
I have a small dining area connected to the kitchen. The ceilings are lower than normal so the room seems dark and closed in. I decided to "open" it up by using a fancy light fixture. It looks wonderful!! Granted, it took my husband a little longer to assemble than the time noted but he did it and I absolutely love it. I just makes this small area seem so elegant and bright.
This is very good quality for the price you are paying. I put it on my nursery room w/ pink shades. It looks really good with 100% crystals except the metal connections weren't so good quality, but still it looks good as they are. I totally recommends anybody who ever is interest it to buy this item.
I really wanted this chandelier to be spectacular, but it fell short. Assembly was not difficult at all. There are no diagrams for how to attach the crystals. But attaching them was very easy. I've purchased a lot of lighting from O.co. This does not live up to the O.co standards I'm accustomed to.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? picture seems prettier
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good, but not great. I'm hanging it high, so it shouldn't be a problem.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very. Product is not all crystal. I initially thought the arms were plastic, but I'm pretty sure they are glass.
I searched several years for a very nice crystal chandelier for my small dining room that would not break the bank. This chandelier is perfect. It arrived quickly and extremely well packaged. Everything inside the box was in perfect condition. The shades arrived separately a day or so later. I read all reviews for tips on installation - very helpful. When I finally had an afternoon to devote to the fixture, I installed it step-by-step from good directions...alone by myself...with no problems (and this granny is no spring chicken!). Put up the fixture first and tested it, then assembled / hung all of the crystals (again, according to good directions), attached the shades, then enjoyed dinner! I had a dimmer switch already, and enjoy the sparkle and bling at different levels of brightness. A lovely and graceful fixture! Thanks again, Overstock, for helping me tastefully furnish my home on a budget. This light looks SO much more expensive than what it actually costs!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of the fixture is excellent. The smaller crystals are light weight; the larger, round crystal that hangs from the center is high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
To begin with, this is not an all crystal chandelier. The "crystal" strands that hang from the arms are plastic. Two of them arrived in pieces. I will be replacing all of them with real crystal strands which I will purchase locally. The larger crystal pieces seem to be actual crystal. The body of the chandelier seems to be regular cut glass, somewhat filmy in color. Perhaps this is from the packaging and will clean up okay. Delivery was prompt, packaging was very good. It has not been installed yet, but all the pieces required for that purpose seem to be here. I will say that installation looks to be somewhat involved. As this piece is for a rental property, I think it will be okay. For the price, it's probably a decent deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not entirely accurate
Overall I am pleased with the chandalier. It looks beautiful hanging in my dining room and I get all kinds of compliments on it. Our room is fairly small, and the lampshades tone down the bling of all the crystals. It looks elegant without overwhelming the room. I was not excessively pleased with the lampshades because they were glued rather than sewn and there are multiple spots where the dried glue is visible seeping out from the seams. Also, the funnel to screw the lightbulb into is just cheap and thin, with a sticker on it to tell you what wattage bulb to use. It's a crystal chandalier, so it makes it rather hard to hide this and they are impossible to remove. Lastly, when I removed the crystals from the package, there were several that were broken. All in all, not a huge deal, because I took them out and reattached the strands so they are each a few crystals short. Again, not the end of the world, but there could be better packing so that doesn't happen. I am pleased with the purchase, and I think it looks great. The quality of the crystals is pretty good--better than expected, actually. A good purchase, and a happy customer!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks exactly as it does in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. There were a few crystals broken when the chandalier arrived, but they were easy to take out of the chain and reconnect--not at all noticeable once it's hanging! The lampshades are glued rather than sewn around the edges, and the quality there is lacking. The metal bits that hold the crystals together are very thin and seem as though they would break with any stress at all, but definitely hold the weight of the crystals.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Chandalier is pretty much exactly as described. It seems larger once it's hanging than I thought it would, but that's not a bad thing.
I am the chicagoland director of a nonprofit that designs dream bedrooms for children with life threatening illness. The girl that we used this chandalier for was very particular in that she wanted an amazing chandalier. This fit the bill and our economic woes (we are based soley on volunteers and donations!) It was a little time consuming to put up and we were missing a peice to connect the chandalier to the ceiling but we were able to find the part down the street at the local hardware store. it looks like my real crystal chandaliers in my own home and is amazing. The little girl said it was her favorite part of her room! If you would like to see it, check out special spaces chicagoland facebook page and see the chandelier featured in the album named kennedy. I WILL USE THIS AGAIN FOR ANOTHER CHILD!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. amazing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Very pretty, looks just like the picture, I put it up over my island in my kitchen. Three of my bobeches arrived broken, when I called into to the 800 number they supplied, it was no problem, they sent out the replacements the next day, I was impressed with the customer service, they were right there with replacement. I will shop here again for sure.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very close
Lamp is in my daughter's room with pink shades. It is darling, but was a bear to put together! The first box we arrived had a broken piece, but as always with overstock, we had a no hassle return experience and the second product arrived unharmed in about a week.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good