Let me start off by saying this. I sifted through hundreds of chandeliers for my boutique. This one caught my eye for many reasons. One being how pretty it appeared in the photo. It was such a nightmare when I pulled it out of the box. My boutique is very high end, and wanted something to catch the eyes of the passerby, unfortunately. For the reality of things. This item is so beyond cheap. It comes in a large box stuffed full of paper. When you remove the paper you see a white flimsy carcas like white cage that is part of the base. When you keep digging in this box of junk. you begin to realize that you have to string over 200 glass "charms" that are held together by these cheap manilla folder prong like things.. which by the way do not fit into the crystal thing all of the way so you will have to rig it to stay on. It took me (no joke) 3.5 hours to try and connect them all together- good luck figuring out the directions which look more like egyption chicken scratches for drawings. I made up my own pattern which looked way better than it would've had I attempted the actual "plans". The middle rod of the bas that holds the 3 cheap portions together does not stay screwed so I may and quite possibly, you, may have a chandelier that will hit the floor sooner than later. I will also say this. First when I opened the box and took stuff out, I shoved it back into the box and was ready to return and on the phone with overstock only to find out that once you open the box, you cannot return the item. How am I supposed to know the quality of the item if I do not open the box. So, that is when I proceeded to put together this cheap atrocity nightmare together. Oh and by the way. I didn't install it in my store. NO WAY. Save yourself a heartache and find another. this one is an epic fail in all areas.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? EGH
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheapCHEAPCHEAP
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? SO WRONG
Was skeptical at first....it looked kinda cheap when I first opened the box. And oh my god were the directions horrible!!!!!! But after about 3 hours and guessing where the crystals went...I LOVED it! It's very pretty when everything is complete. My candle looking holders were white and looked great too. Definitely has horrible directions. But it's perfect over our big farmhouse diningroom table. Love!!!! And can't beat the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes....though more white than the picture shows
This light is beautiful! When I pulled it out the box I was a little hesitant because it was not rod iron like it was described more like metal. Also when I started to put it together I was a little discouraged, but the finished product is much better than I expected. The more crystals I added the better it looked. By the time I got done, I loved it. The crystals are real and came individually wrapped and it was packaged really well. It also came with extra crystals, so I kind of made my own design. I love it! I placed it in my dining room. Everyone who has seen it loves it! It takes about 2 hours to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality wan't as good as I thought it was going to be, but it turned out really nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Slightly skewed
Where do I start? Overall it's pretty and luckily it's up high enough so u cannot tell the crystal is really glass. It isn't faceted enough to make it sparkle. The metal seems kind of flimsy but maybe that's how it is supposed to be seeing that i don't have another light to compare it to... The install is a huge pain. I had to hold it up while my husband puts it up. It was so heavy I felt like I was doing a survivor challenge. There was NO instructions at all. It was just a 1D picture/ drawing of the light. I had a hard time distinguishing what goes where... i had to use the real picture on the website instead of he drawing hat was provided. Whoever packed the "crystals" missed giving me half of the chained glass. luckily hey supplied extra... the light bulbs we just nightlight bulbs. It's not bright at all so do not expect it to light the room. It's more for the romantic vibe. Anyways, it's pretty kinda but was a huge pain and don't light the room
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Mediocre
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Don't have another type is chandelier to compare it to...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Lacking some info
An exorbitant amount of time was required to assemble this chandelier due to poor (essentially almost complete lack of) instructions. In light of the extremely poor instructions/lack of assembly information, identification of the parts that were missing became possible only after assembly was complete and we were able to compare the chandelier to the picture on the website (above). I called Overstock, and was told we'd be contacted in 1 to 2 business days regarding whether the missing parts are even available to send to send to us in order to complete the chandelier (which, as mentioned above, so much time already has been invested in to assemble). Overall, the worst Overstock experience I've ever had (and I am a huge fan of Overstock because of the generally high quality products and, *generally*, excellent customer service).
Between an electrical contractor and myself (an engineer) it took almost three hours to assemble this chandelier. It arrived in over a hundred pieces. The instructions are minimal and the diagrams only vaguely resemble the components in the box. There is no photo to reference, so we were very lucky i had saved the photo from this site to my phone. When finished, the chandelier is pretty, but it cost an unanticipated *** to have the main components assembled and wired by a professional. As a side note, it is much more suitable for a nursery or teen/young lady's room than for an adult's. It has a great look, but the quality just isn't there.
Love this chandelier! I have received so many compliments on it already. I added a ceiling medallion with it and it completes my newly re-done bedroom. As some of the other reviewers mentioned, the instructions were not very good, but any handy person could figure out how to hang it properly. It was packaged very well, I did not have any broken pieces. Overall, I am very satisfied with this chandelier. Similar ones I looked at from lighting boutiques cost $300 and up so I'm glad I could find this great deal!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair, as expected for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same as described
Love, Love, Love this Chandelier. It is beautiful and was very easy to put together. It took my dining room to whole different level of elegance!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as shown on the web site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Got this chandelier for my daughters bedroom and she loves it! You do have to assemble but with the instructions and a little common sense, it's super easy! The crystals do take a while but look awesome. From start to finish it took me about 2 hrs by myself. This chandelier was a great value and it looks beautiful!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great value
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Beautiful light! The components arrived in perfect condition since it was packed well. The directions are not great but anyone who knows how to wire a light shouldn't need any. After my husband hung the light it took me 30 minutes to add the crystals. We had to remove all the chain because we have 8 foot ceilings.
Definitely recommend this beautiful chandelier for a touch of elegance. Well worth the money. Installed this in our dining room and it is looks like we paid thousands more than we paid. This chandelier is a perfect addition to my attempt at a French Country dining room.
We ordered 4 of these chandeliers and love them. We had read the reviews and was very leary of them but they were great. Easy to put together and all the parts and pieces were there they even had some extras. We would definitely order again.
Not happy with light- the gold makes it look very cheap and tacky- would not use or recommend at all
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? POOR never mentioned GOLD in discription
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is so so, looks good after put together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all- the discription and photo does not show any GOLD on this fixture
I love it! It's looks exactly like the picture, it lights the room just perfect, and really easy to assemble :-)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks really strong and durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description
I love the chandelier It looked exctly like the picture and everyone always makes a comment on how pretty it is. My only quam are the instructions they are not very easy to understand....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellant
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate