Overstock delivered this in a day for free and it arrived 100 times better than I could have imagined. I was going for a romantic master bedroom look with white bedding and this is exactly what I wanted. The iron is prominent in black without being too heavy looking or dominating and the crystals (though the directions were difficult to read) provide an unbelievable shine and luxury. 5 lights is just enough to brighten the room without being too bright! They provide so many extra crystals that if you can't understand the directions, simply create your own design and hang them wherever you see fit. As far as hanging and installing it, my husband did it no problems. Self-explanatory if you've doing lighting before. The chains have the twist latch so you don't have to cut chain in order to set it to the length you want, simply twist, move the chain and you're done. If this is the look you are going for, do not shop around, buy this one and you won't regret it. It changes the whole room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product has the quality 5 times its price! Really great! Can't go wrong!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This product is 27 inches wide (not sure why it's listed as 21 inches in diameter because the width is more accurate in determining its size for a room).
Nice heavyweight chandelier, crystals are actual glass. Finish is flat black. Beware: the chain is only about a foot long, the wire itself is not much longer (perhaps 2 feet). I bought this for my basement so the cord length won't be an issue for me, but this could be a dealbreaker for someone decorating a higher ceiling...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Description states finish: iron. It is in fact flat black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Aside from color, acurate
Gorgeous chandelier. Highly recommend it! It went up super-easy. Takes some time to hook all the crystals on but totally worth the effort. If you're a stickler on finishes, take note that the clips that hold all the crystals on are brass.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The candle sticks are much darker brown than they appear in the picture. Also, the brackets that hook the crystals to the metal are brass.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality! Much nicer than expected. Great chandelier for the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I was hesitant that the fixture would not look as nice in person as it does in the picture, but it is extremely attractive and an excellent value. Looks like the highend chandeliers found in specialty lighting stores. Crystals are beautiful and carved like high end fixtures. Overall appearance is stunning.
It was hard to assemble (the crystals) and the instructions were very poor. I love the chandelier, but it is much heavier and bigger than it appears in the photo. I have it in my bedroom and it's probably too big for that space. Beautiful, though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality - looks MUCH more expensive than it was
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? More intricate than in picture
Chandelier was larger and prettier than I thought it would be. Instructions were vague though, so i put it together the way I thought it looked best. There were tons of extra crystals so you could put as much or as little bling as suited your taste. The gloves were way to small even for my tiny hands and caught on the crystals way too easily.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Beautiful! Gorgeous! Very rich looking! The quality is excellent! Bought it for my Dinning room) My husband put it together very easily, he is a professional in the electrical engineering) And I put all the crystals on and it looks wonderful! I love interior design, so I used my imagination a bit and add some more crystals (from the package of the leftovers) and made it even more beautiful! I love it and also LOVE THE PRICE! Thank you Overstock.com!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well? the metal looks on the picture like dark brown, but it's black and I am fine with it! I like it!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. love the quality! very nice!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description of the details is excellent!
This chandelier looks very high-end. Crystals are real and heavy-weight, giving the chandelier an expensive look. Color is black more than a brown color, but still very beautiful. A little difficult to assemble, but as an avid DIYer, not too bad. I would definately recommend this chandelier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks more black than brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This is just beautiful up. It looks very dramatic, sparkly & the crystals are just beautiful. I always wanted a crystal chandelier, & so glad I found it on Overstock!!! Takes a little patience putting on the crystals, but its soo worth it. (I did it myself) Buy & enjoy :o)
Very attractive Crystal Chandelier. Be sure to allow several hours for assembly, because every piece must be installed and connected by hand. Also be prepared to use some creativity in hanging the Crystals, because the directions are not that detailed. I used the online photo image and displayed it on my 80" TV to view how and where the Crystals are hung. In assembly, you will need something to hang the Chandelier from, at a height that you can sit and reach it to hang the crystals. I used an A-Frame ladder to hang it from during assembly.
Looks really good in the fomral dining room coversion to a cocktail sitting room.. you get some extra crystals.. I suggest waiting to put the crystals on till its hung.. it takes awhile to assemble .. i was a bit worried when i opened the box and seen the metal at the top i was worried it would look cheap.. but it doesnt once its put all together.. worth the little money it costs..
I have purchased many chandeliers from Overstock in the past, all of which had to be assembled. The instructions for this one were extremely poor. The crystals are not crystal, they are plastic with no reflective quality. What should be constructed of metal ( pieces attached to "crystals") is not, it is plastic. I was extremely disappointed, and returned it. Please keep in mind, when purchasing, that you are charged ** for a return, when it is due to substandard quality.
This chandelier is elegant and a fabulous addition to my dining room! I could not be happier with it. It was relatively easy to attach all the crystals as everything was marked well. One of my favorite purchases from Overstock~ just beautiful!
When this arrived I was a little overwhelmed to see so many parts but found a spot to lay it all out and dedicated a few hours to assembly, the instructions were pretty good, I followed their suggestion and it came together well. Don't expect it to come out of the shipping box complete and do plan to take time to put it together. For the price I am very pleased with the final result
The final beauty and cost makes this worthwhile -- but one must completely assemble every aspect of the chandelier -- it comes in pieces in plastic wrap and the assembly directions are written so TINY -- it cannot be more than a 4 pt. font. I referred to the picture to try and figure it out. Good luck!
We were going for a rustic feel in our dining room. We have a farm style table with uplostered chairs. This chandilier was the PERFECT accent to complete the look. We have 9 foot ceilings and an off center ceiling mount, so we had to buy more chain and cord. But thats just a minor detail! I wish i could include a picture! Yes it took a little while to get all the crystals on.. maybe 1 hour for the whole light installation.
As other reviews state, the instructions are useless, so it took a few hours putting it together. All the pieces were included and the quality is great compared to how much it cost. Worth the extra effort putting it together. Shines like a beauty! I painted the candlesticks to match my walls. The original color is orange yellow. Bottom line, great price for a great light, just expect to sit awhile getting it assembled.