OK, so when you get this thing, yes it looks like a mess just out of the box. You have to put the frame together then hang every single one of those crystals yourself. Then the hanging wire is too short...aaargh!! (But I knew that before I bought it.) It took me hours to put it together. But finally, THE RESULTS ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! And yes, it is a great value for the money. Other sites have it for much more (see you tube). You'll be glad you bought it here, then you're not so tick off for spending half your day hanging crystals. Get it and get a long movie to watch while hanging, carefully.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks better in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
a bit crazy to assemble.but worth it....some of the crystals not of the highest quality but when finished ...looks awesome.....certainly for the xxxx...it looks like a 2000 dollar chandelier...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 8 out of 10
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly
All the pieces and the directions weren't shipped with the Chandelier and I had to call to get the pieces and directions that were missing. That caused a hardship to me.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Fine
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
When I first received this chandelier I was bemused. But once I accepted the fact that I would have to hire an electrician to put it together everything just fell into place. Once the electrician finished putting it together and installed it, it was love at first sight. I am very pleased with my purchase. This same brand of chandelier would have costed me at least $1000 or more at Horchow, and according to the electrician who installed it, and he puts four or five of these fixtures together weekly, it is of good quality. I am very pleased.
This fixture Needs to be assembled by an electrician,do not kid yourself into believing assembly is just putting on th crystals. It took my electrical 4 hours to wire the Thing, I think it is just not worth it. Not counting the 2 hours it took me to put on the crystals.
The honest truth is that this fixture is ANYTHING but fun to put together…an issue not made much better by the so called "instructions" included. The placement directions for the million or so crystals is barely useful. Bottom line is the set up sucks, the fixture rocks.
This is a beautiful fixture if you can get it together. Would suggest having an electrician assemble and hang it. It comes in a million pieces and you have to wire this fixture! I am not talking about hanging the crystals, which took me about 2 hours, It took my husband 2 evenings working on it and in the end we read the reviews and got some good ideas of how to get it wired! But the finished product is worth the work. It looks like a much more expensive fixture once you get it up.
I have had the chandelier operational for a couple weeks now. It is so beautiful and lights my very large dinning room well. It is exactly what I wanted. However, the assembly was rather tricky. Luckily my dad is an electrician and was able to get all the wires attached to each other and the electrical connection, but I couldn't even understand the directions. It took him quite a while to get it together too. Also, according to my electrician father there are too many wires that are required to go up through the center after assembly that technically work but are not the safest of design. He sliced a better wire to make mine only have one. The other downfall, not too bad, was that the assembly/hanging of the crystal pendents was tedious and very difficult to understand from the directions. It looks great if you just make sure that you do the same thing all the way around. I don't think me and my mother did it exactly like it was designed, but close enough. But the good news is that it looks very impressive if your able to get it together and the price on overstock is unbeatable. Good luck trying to find a chandelier that you don't have to assemble yourself. There aren't any lighting stores open when working people can shop!
The chandelier is pretty, but it has THE WORST instruction I have ever seen. The products comes in hundreds pieces. The only instruction I have is two pieces of poorly printed paper. The crystals are wrapped and labels. But the label are hard to read and are wrong. It took my husband and I 3.5 hours to figure out the how to assemble all the crystals. It is not pre-wired either. I have to hire a professional to figure out how to wire the light. Because the instruction says nothing how to wire the four branches togher. It is pretty, but does it really worth the effort?! You can buy it, but just realize what is ahead of you.
This is a beautiful chandelier. I couldn't wait to assemble it. It looks beautiful in my dining room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very close
Well worth the effort to put together and install. Took a few hours to complete the install but the results were better than anticipated. Great value! I've seen some Chandeliers priced 4 or 5 times this that were no where near as nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fair, a better photo would be helpful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 1
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
It looks like a 2,000$ chandelier . It took my daughter, my husband and I about three hours to put together. Luckily my husband is very handy and could wire it to the existing outlet. I think an average person would have to hire an electrician. Its very heavy and hard to hang up. Once it is finished it looks very beautiful. Honestly I think it looks better in the picture than real life. For the price it is worth the appearance and looks elegant.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly close
This is a great value for the money. The only thing is there wasnt a very long chain, which I think can be solved by purchasing one at a local Lowes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite as stunning, but great value for price
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
So I bought this thinking it would look like an expensive chandelier - in short you get what you pay for! The pieces of glass (not crystals) are poorly cut, some were uneven and a little misty looking. The instructions are a joke, I noted that out of the 15 packages of tissue paper 2 of them had the correct contents. I ended up building it without the instructions and just placing the crystals based on a symmetrical plan of my own. The results are OK..just ok. Its not the amazing grand foyer dripping in crystals look i was going for - more like - at least its better than what i had up there before. It took a long time to build - but i expected that. I was worried about buying a chandelier without seeing it first - and i don't think i would do that again. Because lets face it, when you commit to building it you can't send it back. And there is no way of knowing what its going to look like until you finish the job.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the stock picture is blurred, in reality it looks a little cheap
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. gold is tacky and cheap looking
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? poor