Only surprise with this is that the picture shows four sides but when you order you are only purchasing 1/4th of the stand pictured. You have to buy four of these to use it as pictured.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not very accurate
The product arrived in a long flat box that we saved until it was time to build for our niece's surprise birthday room remodel. The box took a few hits in shipping, but the packing material kept the wood finish in new condition. The instructions go to great lengths to explain how important it is to check all the parts and that they don't want the customer (me) to get frustrated. I actually checked the parts before building it and found that we had a couple problems: 3 out of the 4 nylon feet were missing and I received two of the same shelf (not one of each, specifically shelf E was missing). I wasn't concerned about the nylon feet since it would be on carpet, however missing a shelf was a major problem. Thankfully, I was able to build enough of it to make it usable, and a nice surprise for my niece, until Overstock could resolve the parts issue. Note: the instructions are not step-by-step. Just follow the expanded view and dotted lines. A couple days later, I spoke with Overstock customer service during their wide range of service hours (nice surprise) and talked with someone that listened to my problem. Note: the instructions do NOT list a number to call or any contact information -- I was concerned that we'd be stuck. Ashlee in Customer Service followed up after the relatively short call with email, documenting the steps that were being taken and when I could expect an update. Two days later, she followed up to say a second parts request had to be made, but again, I was thankful to get a proactive email message saying so. Four days later I had confirmation the parts were shipped. When they arrived, they were packaged extremely well with lots of material to prevent damage. I received all of the parts in one shipment and was able to easily finish building the stand. Nice job Overstock in resolving what could have been a catastrophic problem with my first Overstock purchase. The product construction uses mostly hex screws (keep your power driver handy) and a few dowel rods with supplied glue. The stand is solid and fits our need very well. Overall, I would recommend the product as long as you have Overstock behind it and a little patience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nice black with a slight grain, finished on sides
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid product, good finish, instructions and part QA lacking
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was accurate.
Its not that easy to put together but oce u have the end product is very satisfying very beautiful gives a new aura to the house i love it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality looks very expensive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Overall, I am happy with this product. I searched for a black corner shelf at a reasonable price for months before purchasing this one. I looked all over, online and in retail stores, and this is the best price I found anywhere. The only thing I am disappointed with is that one of the pieces arrived damaged. However, I contacted Overstock, and they didn't hesitate to send a replacement piece out. Another great purchase made from Overstock!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pictures were a little deceiving, but you have to realize you are only getting one shelf.