This is a nice and sturdy piece, easy to assemble. I'm not a huge fan of the fake blemishes in the wood, but they aren't too noticeable. The top is made out of stone which means I don't have to use a coaster. The size is perfect for a laptop or a plate and glass. It's stable and doesn't tip easy (we have cats). It isn't too bulky.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a nice looking item, and it arrived intact. I was glad to see that after reading the reviews from some folks who received theirs with the slate top cracked. I agree with the reviewer who said that the "distressing" wasn't A++. It's too "regular" looking to be natural. That said, the wood itself is sturdy, the table top is hefty, and it looks nice as a tubside luxury table. That said, when I used the provided wood screws, they promptly came right out of the holes that I screwed them into. They look like drywall screws--the 1" ones in particular popped right out the moment after I'd screwed them in. I do not think they are sturdy enough to keep the top firmly in place. I plan to get my own, slightly larger screws, though you don't want to get longer ones--you could poke through the tabletop if they are more than 1" long. It's very wobbly right now, and I won't use it until I fix it; a little wood glue wouldn't hurt either. To charge this much for a little tiny table and then cheap out on a couple of screws is a bit galling. I like the table, though, and frankly, it's the only table small enough to serve this very particular purpose. I wouldn't recommend it, though. It's only average.
cute antique looking table. small enough to add to any space. great to have to place any miscellaneous items on. its really cool to have and assembly was really easy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a very pretty table. The combination of dark wood and gray slate top is very classy and attractive. The table must be assembled with the screws provided. However the assembly instructions do not match the screws provided. I also wish the assembly method was a bit sturdier so I gave 4 stars instead of 5.
I am giving this a good review since we do love the table - one person review the table said the top part was split - and our does have a small factory chip at one corner - and of course the corner that shows. I see the small chip but sure no one else would see it - and love the finish. Will not hold a large book so we just put in smaller ones for decoration.
We needed small tables that could be used as versible to fit beside our recliners and could also be used as eating tables i front of the TV..and they are really neat in style....these are " just right" as Goldilocks would say...a little pricey but we are satisfied...
It is a lovely piece but as I stated I thought it would be just a little lighter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a littler darker than I anticipated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems sturdy and was easy to put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was ok.
very dissatisfied, center piece stone, my foot, wabbles very unsteady on floor. sorry overstock, shame on you, think sending it back
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? dull and very dark
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so so, cheap, not worth the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? made it sound great it;s not!