I really like the style of the desk and everything is good except for the sliding rails for the bottom piece. The rails are so easy to bend that I was amazed. It was difficult to get the bottom piece slipped into the rails and when I did I bent the rail on one side and a few ball bearings fell out. I was able to put them back in and bend the rail back with my hand...I'm not kidding about it being very soft metal. If the rails were of much higher quality this would be a very good piece. It turns out to be very sturdy once you have everything in but during construction it made me worry but I was jumping the gun.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good but not great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
First time purchasing on Overstock. The product is as described, so no surprises with wood laminate. I placed my order on a Saturday and received it the following Tuesday. I was able to move the box to the 2nd floor on my own (about 100lbs.), but it would have been nice if I had help. It took me a couple of hours to put together. As someone else mentioned, the directions could have been a bit clearer. Prior to completing the smaller sliding desk I looked at how the rails would slide in to get an idea once it was fully assembled. Note: Once you slide the piece in you must press a small lever on the side to be able to pull the rail out again. The desk is what I was looking for. Something that can hold two monitors and support a laptop/keyboard at a separate level and not a laptop tray. I should be working from home a little more often!
Love this desk. It fits in my NYC apartment perfectly...doesn't take up much space at all, even when you pull out the desk. On the down side and why I'm not giving it 5 stars, it took a while to assemble and I wish the directions were a bit more clear. Had a problem getting the slide in portion of the desk part onto the track. It was the most difficult part of the assembling process. I had to actually get underneath it like a mechanic to get it on the track properly so it would slide under completely, and that was with the help of another person. Could not have done this alone for sure. Definitely a 2 person job, but other than that, it's great. Looks great and we love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
The desk took about an hour in a half to put together, very clear directions, nicely labled. The only real problem we had was when we were attaching the inner desk to the outer desk it took a little "forcing" to get it in. The drawer slides were a little bent and one was upside down, but we were still able to work with it. Once put together, it does look really nice, and overall am very pleased that we got it!!!!
I bought it for a computer desk, looks as advertised. i didnt like that my chair didnt fit underneath. it looks nice and it saves room. im not one to use the keyboard on a different level, but iv gotten used to it, and my monitor sits on the higher part of the desk. Overall i like the setup, dont need a stand for my monitor and the keyboard slides underneath. with the drawer the room underneath doesnt allow for a chair with hand rests to slide underneath.Armrests should be around 25" height to be able to slide underneath
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Finished product, once put together, looks very nice and modern and goes with decor nicely. Putting together was slightly difficult due to pieces not being marked clearly and legibly. Was able to figure out the pieces that were not marked clearly enough by process of elimination. Only issue was the rails on the nested table were not secured properly and kept pulling away, however, circumvented that by super-gluing the rail in place and that allowed for placement of the nested table securely. Finished product looks awesome, I am really loving it. For the quality and price I would definitely recommend this to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color compares exactly as shown on picture and as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of wood is nice and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description of desk was right on target.
I would highly recommend anyone looking for a versatile piece of furniture this is it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I bought this piece for my sons room. It has an appealing option for space saving. When it arrived, the front had a huge chip out of the finish, the track the under study glides on does anything but glide and it is very wobbly. The instructions were written in code so it took more time than it was worth to put together. The drawer is not smooth upon opening or closing either. The screws that were already attached in the track were falling out and could not be screwed back in. Overall, I would go somewhere else to this an item like this. The concept is nice but the piece is garbage to say the least.
The quality of material is very poor. Labeling of the part is not readable. After putting it together, it was very hard to attach the movable part because it did not align properly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate