These shelves are not what they seem. I received the package thinking that I would have a large shelf like the first picture that allures all the shoppers in. The last photo should be the only photo included when presenting this product this is a pathetic and small shelf that is very low quality. I sent this item back. No thank you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Don't look at the large photo
I knew these were not oversized bookshelves when I purchased them. I measured the depth and width and compared to the space I wanted to use them in. I forgot to measure height. They are short and I am going to have to put decor on top to bring the appearance of the height up some. We purchased five of them to get the look in the photo. I think the look shown in the photo is better achieved when using as a room divider. Up against a wall, it doesn't look quite the same. They also don't interlock as smoothly as I had hoped and I am going to be purchasing some brackets to hold them together a little better so that you can't tell it is five separate pieces. I am still pleased with the purchase overall, though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy so far.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate.
the instructions are confusing, so with another person's perspective on reading them; one should be able to put this thing together in a few hours. I bought 2 of them and there were not enough wood dowels, so go to a hobby store and pick up a couple extra. Not enough glue to fix them in, so if you have any of your own glue dont bother with the enclosed tiny bottle. I turned the 2 of the things on their sides and prefer the look of them this way...and then went to a *********** and bought a black finished shelf available there with 2 "L" brackets and put my 50 inch tv on top of this; so one has the tv and the other is along the attached wall ....dvd's and books with "knick knacks"....once assembled its heavy so it takes 2 people to move it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true, its a black woodgrain laminate finish.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the pieces are along the lines of the quality expected for a product made in china....
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes is was accurate.
I am giving this a one star because of the main picture that is used to sell this item is completely misleading. I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how (if I ordered this bookcase again) I could recreate the main picture used to sell this item. It's not possible. That said, the item works well in a small area or next to a fireplace (where I put mine). But it cannot be used to divide a room, or take up space on a wall. One other issue that I ran into, is that the pegs have two different sizes: one size is for vertical insertion and the second size is for horizontal insertion. This isn't a issue, it's just that the instruction guide doesn't inform you of this and if you're not careful you can easily poke a hole through the side of the shelf. I would not have bought this item if I had known that I was buying the item in the third picture (and video). But since having put together the bookshelf it's too much of an effort to send back. Bottom line: If you like the third picture it is a good product. If you are looking for something larger or for something like the first and second picture, this is not the item for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems of good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? First two pictures are very misleading