Well this package weighed 100lbs, just so you know. Our UPS driver and my husband carried it in. It is quite complicated to assemble. If you are a novice, I would get some hlep. My husband is very good at this and it took us over two hours. Because of the odd configuration, it takes looking at the photos for a while to insure you have it right. You need ot have space to place the thirty numbered pieces around the room. You assemble it in sections and then combine it. It really looks great when it is finished.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? While the color says Red Cocoa, it has no red. More of a dark walnut as shown in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
It took me a decent amount of time to put this together by myself. The issue I had was due to the pictures in the instructions. They were not very detailed, so since the shelves weren't at the same height it threw me off a little. Despite all that.. it was so worth it once it was put together!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I don't really see the Red Cocoa; seems more espresso
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awesome
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
I got my bookcase display about 6 months ago, and ever since then my living room has never looked so gorgeous. The style on this bookshelf is incredible, very artistic and so unique! When I purchase this online I was surprise of how cheap the price was compare to other bookshelf display unit out there, so I thought oh no is probably not a good bookshelf at all but with the price catching my attention, right away I purchased it. I thought I can always return if I don't like it right?! Well amazingly the customer service was so great with the 2-3 days shipping turn around, and along with the 1 hour assembly the whole experience of both customer service and assembly was simply easy, and fast. Just like the site, this display bookshelf unit is soooo gorgeous! Whenever I have guest over, they can't help but just admire this artful piece, and at first I didn't want to tell them where I got it because I wanted to be the only one, but hey why not, it just means they like my taste, and so I recommended them to Overstock of course. I tell you this display unit is incredible, once I assembled it right away I displayed all my decorative items, and just like how I imagined it, it looks very nice. Sometime I can't believe that the materials are not solid wood because it's very strong in general and the design and the coating is so precise and smooth. I know this will stay with me for a very long time, since it doesn't require a lot of maintenance except wiping it once in a while with a dry cloth. I highly recommend it, it's good investment that a money can buy.
It took 2 of us and 2.5 hr to put this together. the design makes it very hard to put this puzzel together. but once we did, we love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Definitely not a room divider. Once assembled, the back of this piece has portions of wood which are unfinished, and the finished portions have large silver hardware (while the 'solid backing' pieces are fully finished in the laminate, all of the vertical supports as well as the horizontal shelves, are all un-finished, raw furniture 'osb' type stuff). Quite distasteful to the eye thus doesn't qualify as a room divider. As a piece which would reside against a wall, it is pretty nice. Note for such nice finish and heavy wood, some of the hardware is a bit wimpy, so be prepared to supplement with your own and have some wood glue as well.
47 y/o lady. put it together by myself, in about 3 hours. no problem. it looks beautiful. Everyone comments on how cool it is. It's very unique...which I love
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not red cocoa, its really like ebony/very dark chocolate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. heavy, strong, study
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
The is a wonderful piece. I love that it's not a standard looking shelf. It's very different and I just love shape. It took some time to put it together, but it's definitely worth it in the end. I have pictures and other accent pieces on it in my livingroom. All my friends and family love it. They have never seen a shelf shaped like this before, so it's a great conversation piece!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
The bookcase is one of a kind. I absolutly love it. It took alittle bit of time to put together but it was worth it in the end. This bookcase looks great in our home and everyone is always asking about it. Ppl love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was accurate
WHOA! does this stand look cool or what. I've never seen anything like this before and I thought that it would be great to add it to my room. It was a unique design that you can't really find at ikea or anything like that. I love this bookcase and I've been putting it to a lot of use. It holds a lot of things in my room. Makes it look really nice and different. My girlfriends don't really have anything like this in their room and it makes me feel good to have something unique.
Looks so much different than any ordinary piece in the house,, love it. It took us two hours to put it together; the instruction are not very good.. so look at the pictures closely to ensure the pieces are laid out correctly prior to assembly. Highly recommend it, but be patient when putting it together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
I loved this bookshelf when i saw it. I read the reviews that it was complicated to assemble but wanted to give it a chance because i loved it so much. I was so disappointed. I have to say I am extremely handy and have put together a lot of furniture so I am good at it. I spent 3 hours trying to get it organized and set it out right to match up the pieces. The pieces were numbered but the picture directions were just awful. I put a couple of the shelves together the wrong way. Some of the holes were not drilled in right and when i screwed the screws in they went through the compressed wood and were pushing the laminate layer. On several of the boards the laminate was scratched and several had edges that were scuffed so the compressed board showed. i would have to use a furniture pen to color the spots. The base of the shelf is of lighter compressed wood than rest of the shelf which doesn't make sense. The base is so weak that you cannot move it once you put the thing together cause you will most likely damage it. I was so fed up with all the flaws that i returned the whole piece. Overstock customer service has been great and the only shining light. I would buy from them again only because they were helpful. I would definitely recommend not wasting you time on this item unless your a sucker for punishment.