Arrived in one very heavy box. Since the box was delivered to the front porch, I opened the box and transferred the pieces one-by-one into the room where the shelf was going to be placed and assembled. It went together fairly easily but when turning it over to finish the assembly you need help to avoid twisting the partially completed unit. It is a large unit but, as I had hoped, with the open back the wall shows through and the shelf does not overpower the room. It seems to be very sturdy and solid. It is not a lightweight unit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It seems slightly darker than pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Initially i bought 1 later ordered a second one so i can have 2 side by side. They look great. Its dark mocha chocolate color however since it has open look it to it does not overpower the background color Instructions and assembly was pretty easy. Great product. Would recommend to anyone
Display cabinet shipped sooner than expected in good shape, with the minor exception of one shelf with a small ding in it (positioned it on top). Very nice addition to my living room and looks exactly like picture, color included (dark brown). Assembly was challenging, need 2 people and the instructions could have been more detailed (more illustrations, words!), but all the hardware lined up fine. Would order more furniture from this manufacturer in the future.
this is indeed a good product. Would highly recommend this to my friends. easy to set up, just make take a couple of hours.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? nearly accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
it was stylish and sturdy. It took us (well my friend by himself) about an hour to put together. Very stylish and we really enjoy this little addition to our living room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as accurate as you can get
I love this piece. It really changed the look of my room and I love the fact that it's not a conventional bookshelf, The open back allows the wall color to show through. The shelves are of good size for books or decorative pieces. Overall I'm extremely pleased with the product. It was not difficult to assemble. It is a reasonably large piece so I highly recommend measuring carefully.
This is a good display shelf that can be used in a hallway, etc. I'm not sure that you would call this "kid" friendly - as I think it would encourage children to climb it - in that case you would need to secure to a wall. Not bad to display family pictures and collectables.
Assembly was pretty easy, it helps to have someone help you. Within the packing there were allot of fiberglass like fibers. Not knowing what they were, or why they were even in the box (everything was packed in styrofoam), I took the shipping box outside grabbed a filter mask, unpacked the pieces and cleaned them up before taking it into the house for assembly. Other than the odd looking fiberglass like fibers packing was good, the product arrive unblemished. It took about 45 minutes to an hour for assembly. My wife was my helper. The shelf sits solid on hard wood floors (doesn't rock). Brackets are included to secure it to the wall if you desire to do so. The shelves are very handsome and have a dark chocolate finish that is not overbearing because the wall behind them is very visible.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is standard for a Chinese made product. Mid Grade. Shelves are not solid wood, they are a hollow veneer.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I'd seen this exact piece in a local furniture price for $999. and wasn't willing to pay that price. Went to Overstock hoping against hope and there it was. Wow. Looks so great and not too heavy because of composite woods used. Was more difficult to assemble that expected. Took most of an afternoon so set aside the time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. some composite woods but quality is great for price. Must comment that some pre-drilled holes weren't accurate and some had flaked off small bits of the shelf's veneer.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
I can't say the quality is bad... Because I really don't know. I got as far as starting to assemble the pieces I bought- and realized the directions are not only confusing, but wrong. I double and triple checked every detail before starting, only to find that the diagrams contradict each other from Step 1 to Step 2! Even in the same diagram, as I began to assemble this- it became evident that where they tell you to put a dowel is actually where a screw is supposed to go. And of course, I can't get the dowel out!! SO FRUSTRATED! And worse, I don't have packaging and no idea if or how to return these 2 God-forsaken shelves! By the way- I never ever write reviews- but I would hate to see anyone waste any money on these products, as I have.