I love these! They look so sleek and modern in my loft. I bought two, and have them upright and side by side against a wall. They don't take up much room, and the varying size shelves are perfect for displaying both books and knicknacks. I was able to assemble and place them myself with no assistance, but it takes a bit of elbow grease to assemble, and strength to stand the shelves up once they're assembled.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, not flimsy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was spot on
The directions were not easy to follow - pictures only. The product was difficult to assemble, and we were disappointed with the quality of the shelves. They looked cheap, and the paper stickers to cover the screws would not fool anyone. We decided not to use these shelves in our home. The units would not fit into the spot we needed them for, and we didn't want to use them anywhere else.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was poor--paper over chipboard, easily chipped.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? To say that the shelves had a walnut finish was a bit of a stretch.
I really like this bookcase. It works well in our eclectic mid century living room. I like the different levels for a design feature.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We got 3 of these and look great when put together. Id recommend this to anyone-
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? on point
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Love this bookcase !! We have it on it's side for a T.V. stand. Looks great and everything fits great too. Narrower than most T.V. stands so it fits our smaller space better. Black and white looks very classy and goes with TV/DVR/Wii etc. and even have room for decorative vases and such on the many shelves.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Came in perfect condition. Everything matched up. Went together great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exellent
I recently bought this and was worried about having it shipped UPS and getting damaged but I can now say DON'T worry about shipping. I was so impressed with the shipping! It cam in a large long box ( heavy) but then the box was wrapped really think in large bubble wrap and extra padded corners to ensure a safe and damage free arrival. It arrived FAST and 100% DAMAGE FREE! The directions are SIMPLE as apple pie! took me about 35 minutes to put together and it's one SHARP LOOKING unit! If you are looking for a more sleek modern look, then this is the unit for you! Goes great with my white leather couch! Thank you Overstock for once again providing a great product at a great price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? White is bright and has a great shine.. black is slightly brownish but works great!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Amazingly solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The frame is beautiful, with a nice finish! The installation is a little tough, because it's hard to get it square, so all the little locks line up. But I have a problem with the shelves being so cheap looking. I'm putting shelf paper over it, but it still looks cheap. I just wish they had the option for white shelves.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This is the main problem I have, why don't they have white shelves?
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The frame is a 9, but the shelves are cheap and ugly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I couldn't see the shelves on the web site.
Somewhat easy to assemble, as long as you lay out all the pieces and work slowly. It's a bit of a jigsaw, but, looking at the picture online, that's what I expect! I managed to put most of the piece together by myself, but I needed help toward the end. This item is really great. We're using it on its side, as a consol / low bookshelf. What's great is that two shelves are adjustable and can be easily rotated 90 degrees, depending on whether you want it to stand upright or sit on its side. (That was a surprise feature!) The piece is surprisingly sturdy (make sure you tighten everything really well), it looks like it's great quality, and, for the price, you can't beat it (and I looked EVERYWHERE trying to find something similar). One word of warning: Some of the screws and bolts show once it's finished. The piece comes with some stickers to place over them, but I didn't want to use the stickers as I thought it could cheapen the look. Instead, while some screws are covered by carefully placed books(!), some screws are still visible which I actually think adds to the piece's charm - it looks a little industrial and raw that way, which really does work. Thinking of buying another!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
the best features are the puzzle type shelving but putting it together was a puzzle according to my husband, the short shelves havent found a use yet i also like the contrast in shelves/sides the white/brown goes very nicely in my sophisticated tone of purple walls in the bedroom and the fact that they are backless makes it look less like a wall and more like decor. i can put a LOT of stuff on these shelves without it looking cluttered i think thats because of the neat style. they also move well-not overly heavy or bulky so they wouldnt be difficult to carry up and down stairs. the shine of the white isnt too bad. its really not all that noticeable. i wondered if it would look tacky or retro but its actually quite elegant. not hating them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match to site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
I bought this shelf and have it sideways with my flat screen TV stuff on it and my TV mounted to the wall above. Plenty of room for all my electronics, movies etc. and looks great. Made my room so much bigger since it doesn't come out from the wall real far. I really like it, would recommend to anyone with so many uses!
I can't keep from staring at it when I'm in the livingroom ever since I got it, very nice. The white and the crazy design shelfs just goes well with each other. I can't believe I paid so less for it and the quality and all the room is amazing. I like it so much, I've even painted my wall white so it would match and it looks like is part of the wall from far away, hehe I like it!
​If you're a contemporary addict like myself then this is definitely one product you should not pass up! Design, check! Colors, check! Quality and Foundation, check! Looks a stunningly modern and great against my wall as it does in the picture. If you have different color walls aside from the basic beige and cream, this is also a knock out! The price range is a bit more than other similar designs, but the color contrast and quality makes it a definite worth-it investment. I got 2 for now, just to test the water and see how long it'll last, so far the look is delicious while the foundation is solid as a rock! If you have carpet and with child, you might want to put it horizontally, not to say the foundation of this display case is questionable, just for safety prevention...and it looks just as good. Good job Overstock!
I love this book case. I bought two and line them up like the picture. It definitely has an urban, contemporary feel about it. New concept of asymmetric architecture format is great! Very modern and classic at the same time. Looks exactly like the picture shown. One step closer to a more urban feel!
I ordered two of these shelves. I really liked how they looked on the website and the reviews were good. Because of the irregular arrangement of the shelves, the size and location of the pre-drilled holes of each shelf is very important. BOTH of my boxes came with two "H" shelves instead of an "H" and a "G". You can't flip the second "H" and have the correct arrangement. "D"-"F" are in the incorrect locations and no longer connect to the outer unit. Awesome decision by a supply chain hack trying to minimize the manufacturing cost.
Since my apartment is very modern in design. I chose this bookshlef because of its unique shelving design. The assembly was very simple and the options to either use the shelf on its side or upright was convinient. I used the self on its side to divid the living and den area. Awesome shelf.
It is very convenient bookcase, assembly is a bit confusing but if you have an experience with IKEA furniture you will be done with an hour. Shipping was fast as usual with O.com, the box was very heavy like all fabricated wood products so I had to open it in the garage where it was delivered and take part by part ... This bookcase looks very stylish, would recommend it to anyone.
We had moved into our new apartment. It has a large room which was open to the kitchen. Although an open concept is very popular the room needed something. After looking at many different options we found the bookcase that would help give some separation to the very open room. This bookcase is open on both sides which continues to give the open effect but gives some separation from the kitchen and living/dining room. Quality is very good, shipment was fast and the furniture piece serves us very well.
I am pleased with this purchase. I wanted a bookcase with a bit of style and creativity to display art books and photography collectables. The design of this bookcase makes it easy to place a variety of items and not look so stacked. The white exterior has a nice glossy shine but the walnut laminate does leave something to be desired. I was hoping it wouldn't look so fake, that being said after placing my books and items you don't view much of the walnut laminate. The assembly took about an hour( I have put many items together in the past) the directions are straight forward. There are a lot of little parts, pegs screws if you are new to furniture assembly ask for some help lol. Once together and up in my den it looks very nice and feels quite solid. All the pieces arrived in good shape without scratches and had all the parts.
This is a beautiful piece at a great price; and good quality as far as assembly furniture goes. I put it together myself in under 2 hourshowever I have been trained in the Ikea School of Furniture Building (this is better quality btw). What I will note is that it comes in one really big box weighing about 90 lbs. UPS dropped it off when I wasn't home, so I had to lay it down and push it into my house. Once I could open it up and spread out all the parts, it was more manageable; assembled with only minor frustration. I can see how it would be great to get more pieces and stack them for an impactful wall piece or room divider.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. above average for assembly furniture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate