First, let me start this review by saying that this was the first time I purchased something from Overstock. What attracted me to them was the good price and amazing shipping rate. I'm very happy with the overall experience with Overstock, and would definetely recommend the website. I bought a futon with another company, but the mattress was really low quality and came without any protection or plastic when it was shipped, so I returned it and decided to get a new one. This futon mattress was one of the most affordable ones that I found, and it had good reviews and great shipping rate, so I decided to get it. This came vaccumed packaged with several thick plastics, which I'm very grateful for, since we never know where our packages stay during shipment. The mattress is quite heavy, full sized and the color was exactly what I chose (Natural). It's thinner that I thought it would be, and quite hard, but I slept on it and it's not umcofortable, and definetely nice if you are just sitting on it. I would recommend this, however, if you have some extra money to spend on a futon mattress, maybe go with a thicker one (maybe 8 inches).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This Mattress was received on time and in excellent condition. It exceeded my expectations. It is a great value for the money. All who have come and used it find it comfortable and attractive. I will and have recommend it to all. Thank you Overstock for yet another great product!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was brighter, better than pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Very Comfortable, easy care.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was right on.
Good quality for low price; pretty comfortable :) Overstock has really fast shipping! It was free and it got here in two days. Would definitely purchase from this site again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for low price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This product was true to the description and comfortable but when it arrived it had a terribly strong chemical odor. It smelled so strong we considered letting it air out in the garage for a week or so. It has been in the house for two weeks and it still has an odor. It reminds me of the smell of the old fashioned "jutte" rope. So if you are in the market for cheap futon matress and you dont mind a few weeks of chemical smell this is the one for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was true to described/pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The futon mattress is average, not as comfortable as I had hoped - I wish I had ordered the 8" mattress instead.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Mid-range quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate Description
in the description it shows wood construction. only the frame would be constructed of the material wood. i was unhappy in the fact now that i need two futon frames that were not included. can i send the mattresses back because it was described incorrectly in the ad page? as for as the satisfaction of the mattresses, i have not opened the plastic in order to keep it compact in the event i can return these two mattresses. i cannot make an honest assessment not seeing the mattresses out of the package. i can say the color sage is very pretty and would have matched the room. if the mattress and frame are sold separately then the product description should be void of the term wood construction
Similar to many of the comments I'd read from other consumers, the mattress did come with a distinct smell of chemicals. Though it is quite strong when first opened, it will become less pungent over time. I left it to air out for the first day, then on the second day, sprayed both sides of it with Febreeze air and fabric freshener (whole bottle). That got rid of most of the smell. Now after having slept on it for a few weeks, all of the smell is gone. Thanks, Febreeze. As for comfort, it's medium-firm and pretty solid for a 6" mattress. Don't believe some of the reviews that say the mattress is thinner than advertised...it's every bit 6 inches and quite heavy for its size. I typically prefer a very firm bed, and this mattress provides a slightly softer feel, but with good support. It's good as a sleeping mattress, but those planning to use it mostly for sitting may want to upgrade to the 8" models for the added cushion.