I got this 18500 Frigidaire to replace a 24 year old 24000 btu unit. So far it working good, but just put it in after the last heat wave. I hope it does the job. By the way this was put through the wall, as I called Frigidaire and they said it can go through the wall also.
Loved the product. would highly recommend. We've had it for a few weeks now and it's keeping a classroom of 15 nice and cool.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. works great! Really cools the area well.
This AC was bought to replace an old 23,500 BTU thru the wall unit. I installed this myself in the same place where that old AC was. Install was rather easy, and I am not sure why people are saying that it was difficult or confusing. NOTE THAT YOU NEED A 220V OUTLET FOR THIS AC!! First, the people who say that this AC is noisy must not have installed it properly. For its size and power, this unit is very quiet. There are no rattling sounds or anything of the like. Second, despite this being 5,000 BTU less than the unit it replaced, this unit cools very well. We have had a few 100 degree days already this year, and this AC had no problem dealing with them! The people who complain that it doesnt cool well likely received bum units and should return them. The AC comes with a remote which is very easy to use. One cool feature is that the remote has its own temperature sensor and you can have the AC keep the temp at a constant level based upon either the temp at the AC unit itself or where the remote is. So I can leave the remote in a different room and have it use the sensor in the remote to keep the temp in that room at a constant. THIS AC IS THE BEST DEAL IN ITS COOLING CLASS; DO NOT HESITATE TO BUY IT!
Could not install in New York apartment. building does not have 230 watts. My mistake. Should have checked with installer first.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not opened
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. NA
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? NA
Compared to the Maytag I had to take out after only 3 yrs and crashed, this unit is very nice!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes