Okay, the reason you should read my review is because I will tell you the information you really need to know.01) I purchased the bed for a guest bedroom that I used maybe 7 nights year, so I wanted something that I could sit on for relaxing in my guest room to look out the large windows at the front of my house but also provide room for guests.02) The bed was very easy to assemble---2 sideboards, 1 backboard, the base for the mattress, and 4 supports you easily screw in. That's all you have to worry about assembling, and it's simple! If you are assembling this yourself without help, you'll need an ottoman or something to place under the springs to lift it up to allow for you to attach the springs to the sideboards.03) I do not remember reading this in the item description, but the brackets you attach to the springs to attach to the sideboards are adjustable, so you can expand the length of the bed just a bit (probably to allow for a Twin or Twin XL mattress).04) There is a LOT of room under the bed for storage. You will actually have more room to slide things under than with a regular bed.05) I put the bed together myself and it took maybe one hour at the most. The item came in a large box, so do not think there are a million pieces in there (see above).06) If you are questioning buying the bed and are wondering about the backboard and whether you want that, just know that you do not have to put the backboard on, so if that is your deciding factor, buy the bed and just do not add the backboard when you assemble it.I am very pleased with this purchase. I found the weight to be very strong. I got the bed in the frost white option, and it is perfect for my Hamptons-inspired sitting room.
I like everything about this daybed. I purchased it for my office to be used for TV viewing and an extra bed for guests. It is very well constructed and easy to assemble. I went with the distressed black color. Very happy with this purchase.
Nice very sturdy day bed. My husband carried it to the second floor before putting together and we are glad that we did because I dont think we could have made it up the stairs otherwise. Wish there would have been a matching trundle for this bed.
Poor, the spring frame that holds the mattress broke and is not repairable. It needs welding back together. It has been used by an individual well under the weight limit. Don't waste your money on this poorly made product from China.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor, the spring frame that holds the mattress broke and is not repairable. It needs welding back together. It has been used by an individual well under the weight limit.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
I have gotten so many compliments on this daybed. Looks great in our den/spare bedroom. Fairly simple to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color same as photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Sturdy
While the construction seems solid and free freight delivery was a big perk, the bed is not at all what I imagined. I ordered the frost white finish that is VERY distressed looking. It has black smudges all over the furniture (especially on the turned legs) and little nicks that are highlighted in black that I believe are intentionally part of the distressed finish. If you are looking for a shabby chic look, I think this piece would be fine; however, it is not what I imagined. Also, a standard twin mattress leaves a sizable (4-6 inch) gap at the head and foot of the bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The frost white is streaked with black that is not noticable from the pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood seems to be good quality and the construction is solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was not clear that big gaps are left at the head and foot of the bed from the pictures or that the "distressed" look was quite as worn looking
I loved this daybed, and had ordered a Twin XL mattress and bedding for it. Unfortunately, when we took the last piece out of the box, the back was broken, like someone had stepped on the box. Had it been real wood, I don't think that would have happened. The bed seems sturdy and well-built (minus the shipping damage) and went together with ease. The design is cute, but it was TOO LONG for our small bedroom, so I not only sent it back but could not re-order it. Measure carefully. I didn't care about the real wood so much, because the price was the best I found anywhere.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not real wood, at least on the back
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
My husband and I put this bed together in less than an hour using a power drill. The most time consuming part was unpacking everything. Assembly will go faster if there's a person to assist. The bed will be easy to disassemble/reassemble if we move.
needed for a small bed in a loft type setting which looked good when not being used for sleeping
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
I apsolutely love this day bed. It was super easy to put this product together. It looks wonderful and I receive so many complements on this day bed. I am usually leary about buying furniture online without atleast seeing it in person. This day bed is wonderful!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? on par
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
I am using this as my bed and I love it. However, I wish that in the description they would have stated that you only need a mattress and not a box spring. Now I have to buy a mattress to go with the extra box spring or just throw it away. Will be waiting money either way. No matter what, I am very pleased with my new bed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? COLOR IS AS PICTURED
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. STURDY AND BEAUTIFUL
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? AS PICTURED
This bed is beautiful. It is heavy-very solid and bigger than I thought it would be. The room looks so nice with this bed as a focal point.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality, very sturdy, large bed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is really a beautiful and useful piece of furniture. I selected the walnut finish and it perfectly matches the bedroom dresser and night stands. It "opened up" the guest bedroom; I was able to get rid of the old double bed and head board, yet I still have a place to put up an overnight guest.
When order rec'd was not complete - a wrong part was sent with this daybed so cannot put it together yet. The style & wood looks nice. One arm side piece has a blemish that is noticeable so had to request a replacement order of the bed - process still on-going. I feel price was too high for this daybed not being solid wood, but purchased it anyway. Hopefully I will be happy with my purchase once I get my order corrected & it's all put together.
I purchased this day bed to be part of our nursery for our first child. The wood used is thick and heavy (I was still able to carry it upstairs and assemble it myself, while 6-7 months pregnant). The bed does not shift or seem flimsy at all- it is very nicely built. It looks beautiful in the room. I purchased the white- it is a nice, clean, crisp white with antiqued edges (where a darker color comes through at the seems), and it matches the rest of my all-white furniture perfectly. I love how much space there is underneath the bed: I will be using this for toy bins/storage as my baby gets older.
Delivery was quick and flawless - the delivery men were very careful as we just finished painting the room. It arrived in a very large box and the spring section is separate from the bed frame box so be sure to have room to unload. Assembly took about an hour or less. Nothing too complicated if you have some experience. Ordered the walnut color and it is a very dark brown. This is a large piece of furniture and commands your attention when you walk into the room! Very happy with the look and style. Ordered a regular twin mattress from Overstock and it fixes perfectly. You will have room to tuck in your comforter on the sides with the regular size mattress.