I ordered this vessel sink for my bathroom to go on an antique dresser turned vanity. The sink is heavy-duty, built with solid quality construction. The background is not white, as other reviewers have noted, but that does not detract from the antique look of this sink. My caution to future purchasers is to find a vessel filler faucet that has at least a six inch reach, preferably a little more. I originally ordered a bathroom vessel filler faucet that had a four inch reach and stood eight inches tall and had to return it for a kitchen/bar faucet that was 11 inches tall with an eight inch reach.
The lighter areas of porcelain are more blue/gray than cream/bisque. Other than that it is a great conversation piece for my clients half bathroom. Adds a lot of charm and character
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The product was delivered quickly in excellent condition! I couldn't be happier with it. I was a little apprehensive reading the other reviews discussing the coloring being greyish but my sink arrived blue and a very very slight grey hint to the average person would be viewed as white. Excellent product!
I am so excited about this purchase. I debated for a whole year about whether to go with a vessel sink.. actually this very sink, since it is appropriate for a classically styled home. The coloring is perfect and I went with a wall-mounted faucet, which I am really excited about.
Received my sink bowl although it took longer than expected due to it being directed to the wrong shipping depot by I assume ***. Outer box came extremely damaged but the bowl itself was packed very well and had no damage. It is beautiful!! I love it!!! Only negative thing I can say is the printing on the bowl is a little messed up in places but not overly noticible. Lines have some fading, pattern doenst line up perfect but overall a gorgeous vessel sink. I priced ones similar and they ran $***-*** so for the price I was extremely happy. No other items came with the bowl as in the plumbing with the stopper. We had to buy that on our own. You only get the Vessel sink. Period. I would highly recommend!!!!
I am so pleased I ordered this sink. I thought it might be a bit over the top but it is so beautiful it is the centerpiece of a room. I have placed in a bathroom that is primarily mid-wood tones and white porcelain. The fixtures are copper/antique bronze so the bowl really does shine. It might be too much in a bath with a lot of other decorator items. I bought this for my spouse who is an antiques dealer. He always said he would not have a vessel sink. When he saw this one he said he was in love. Sadly. the first sink was broken in shipping but Overstock.com immediately sent me a new one. Great produce and customer service both.
We are totally happy with the sink, but more than that, happy with the service. The sound of the package when it arrived was an immediate clue that the sink had been broken in transit. We gave it right back to the delivery company and called overstock. A new sink was in the mail the next day. Excellent Service!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Upgraded a small half bathroom with an antique dry sink stand and added this blue and white vessel sink to the top. Looks amazing and functions great. Now the plain Jane bathroom is a show piece in my home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I am glad I ordered the sink before making final decisions on drapery material and faucet selection. This is not a small sink and the color is not as white as I would have preferred. So far I am pleased. It was packaged wonderfully and arrived before the time stated. I think it will look lovely in my new bathroom. Anyone find a matching pitcher let me know!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was, indeed more gray than white. Glad I am a gray person. My flooring will be slate so it will work.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am happy with the heaviness and substantial size.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is larger than I thought even though I knew the measurements.
Nothing manmade is ever perfect, but with that said; any slight flaws actually made the product better, more real for our needs. Looked old world, something from the passed, almost antique like, but new. We are sure that this will be enjoyed for many, many years to come.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Almost perfectly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. No flaws, no cracks. The color fit perfectly and made her side of the bath look just as she wanted.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description. We got what we wanted and it seemed to be be a good value as we had shopped around everywhere.
This is a beautiful sink, especially for the price. It's perfect for my Victorian house restoration, as it looks almost exactly like an antique wash basin minus the pitcher. My only criticism is that the transfer pattern is not perfectly applied in several spots - but that is minor given the overall impression and the very reasonable cost. I'm very pleased with this purchase, and would certainly recommend the same to anyone looking for a lovely sink which is compatible with either antique or contemporary furnishings.
I thought this sink would be perfect for our turn of the century powder room. It would have except for one thing - the background is a muddy, dirty gray, NOT white like described on site. The blue was beautiful and the pattern was nice. It seems well made, though I didn't even take it all the way out of the box once I saw the background color.I bought this to sit on a chippy white cottage style washstand that my husband was turning in to a vanity. Had the background been white, it would have been darling but as it is I had to return it. So sad, would have been perfect if white.