Let's see - I needed a smaller profile wooden bookcase to fit an odd area between my desk and wall. Here's the perfect bookcase - it's made of solid, heavy wood, there's no assembly required, it's packaged perfectly, it looks super stylish, it holds plenty of tall oversize books, the price is right and it's the perfect size. The search is over - What are you waiting for?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy duty/ solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent description
I got two of these bookcases. The best feature is quick assembly and disassembly to move into another place. They are stylish and make my library look so nice. I get comments on them a lot. They support all the "heavy" engineering books my husband has and not sagging. So, I love them of course.
I bought this for the size and I was surprised by reviews that complained about how small it is. The size was clearly stated in the description so when I was looking for something small for a corner in a small bathroom this fit the bill. When I find somthing more like what I am really looking for this little bookcase will be recycled into what it is actually intended for. A small bookcase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I didn't buy this bookcase for the color, but it was adequately described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's very sturdy, I have a larger folding bookcase that isn't nearly as stable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.
I wanted a bookcase that was stable, narrow, and not made of pressed wood. I found one. I bought two, and placed one on top of the other. It fits in the narrow space I had available and sees as sturdy as one could expect. I did take the precaution of placing the heaviest books on the bottom shelf, but not at all sure it was necessary.
Waiting for a new one as the size and color is perfect for my area. I'm hoping it comes intact this time. Never had issues with overstock before.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I was a little disappointed in the walnut color not being as brown as I was expecting. There was no assembly required so I liked that about the product. It really holds a lot of books. I put 48 Reader's Digest Condensed Books on the shelves by having 2 rows of 8 on each shelf.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered walnut, but it was a little on the cherry side.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bookshelf is well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This ia a nice small bookcase that required no assembly at all. Only thing to do is take it out of the box, unfold it and snap shelves in place-how easy is that! I purchased it to go in my en suite bathroom to put towels on but it is on the small side. It will accommodate my needs but I was a little taken aback by the small size even though I knew the dimensions. Just be aware that it is not very wide because you lose some inches from the edge side trim.
The shelves arrived in good condition. The color is nice and they are easy to assemble. One of the shelves was attached upside down so I had to disassemble the unit and reattach the shelf the correct way. It wasn't difficult, but it did give me pause when I initially noticed it.
For solid support and portability, there is not another shelf system I could purchase. This family loves their books, so we take them with us, whether we are moving our rooms around, going to college or relocating. Even stacked to six shelves loaded, on a thick pile carpet!, this system does not fall over. They are worth every penny!
This was my first purchase with Overstock and I was hesitant but so glad I took the plunge!..I wish I had chosen the Walnut instead as I prefer really dark but these are such a beautiful warm color they will blend in perfectly!..was totally surprised that they came so quickly...thank you!
After myriad struggles with "easy to assemble" furniture (and one wine rack cabinet that a contractor put together upside down and backwards costing him the job and a total refund to us...) these bookshelves were the best thing I ever purchased. Mind you, we have not yet loaded them w books so will write back w thumbs up or thumbs down after we do. The wood molding at the floor makes them stand out a bit from the wall and since I have them stacked side by side and 2 high, I intend to cut some of the styrofoam packing boards into thin strips and secure them to the back of the uprights where they fit together.