We ordered 10 of these rain chains that have been installed on our newly built home. They're easy to install or add to your existing gutter. You will want to attach the bottom of the rain-chain to something otherwise it will be blown about by strong winds. We attached them (with a simple hook) to the drain that empties into our stormwater system. Not only do they look very, very nice but work just as well as a regualr downspout. They are pieces of art and well worth the cost!
Had to wait 6 weeks for rain to fall to see these in action. I almost got the hose out to see how they worked. Very pleased with the purchase of two of these chains. Our house is taller so the chains needed to be a foot longer to reach the ground. We just used a copper s ring and some heavy chains strung through two clay pots. Works perfectly. In a light rain the sound is like music. A heavy rain with wind was no problem either. They only took a week to patina here on the coast of Florida. I ordered an install kit elsewhere online to use with our round gutters. Would highly recommend these rain chains.
just waiting for the rain to see how it works, worked fine with the garden hose filling the gutter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? got exactly what I wanted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looked like it was just made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? dead nuts on
We love these rain chains! They are beautiful and look great in the front of our house. It hasnt rained yet, but we sprayed water from the hose to test them and they look great and the sound of the water running down them is nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These rain chains appear to be high quality with more than enough chain to reach from our gutters to the ground
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accutate
I bought this solid copper rain chain as a gift for my sister-in-law because her home has solid copper gutters. It is sturdy and a good weight of copper. My only disappointment was that it wasn't as bright and shiny as the picture. However, I know the nature of copper and as it ages it gains a rich verdis gris patina, which is my favorite thing about copper, so it will be fine. FYI, rain chains take the place of downspouts. A point not to overlook, I recently received a catalog with patio and garden items and this rain chain sold for a whopping $326.00! Way to price Overstock!