The ivory is a bit more yellow than white, and the grey circles are much larger in the 8x10 size--more like the size of quarters. I thought they would be the size of dimes based on the picture, but the overall effect appears to be a parchment background with grey circles allover. It's still very pretty and seems durable but it's a bit more geometric looking than I would've expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ivory is slightly more yellow than depicted online, but it's still a pale color and I would probably call it parchment.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems good quality--thick, durable, great price for an 8x10
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
When i received this the background is actually is dark heathered charcoal with a raised ivory pattern- NOT ivory/white at all! Sent back....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
I love this rug. I typically prefer a sisal or jute for their versatility, but my hubby hates them because they shed nonstop. This rug is a perfect substitution. The texture and color will hide the dog hair and dirt nicely between vacuuming. The color is darker than the photo online (that is what I was hoping for), more of an ivory/wheat. It is also thin (like it says in the description), but that is very typical for a flat weave rug. And the price for the size, you can't beat it. Did I mention I love this rug?
Overstock should really do a better job at providing accurate images of its products. I hate the idea of paying shipping for returning an item I purchased based on a poor picture quality. Such a policy is punitive in nature and they do not give you the option of selecting poor image quality on their part as the underlying reason for the return. DO NOT purchase this carpet if you thing you are obtaining an ivory/neutral carpet. It is anything but neutral. REALLY, REALLY VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NOT SHOP HERE AGAIN!
Love the color and pattern, but...and its a BIG but...every 3-4 inches it seems there is a very sharp and thick splinter causing the rug to be painful to gently rub your hand or feet across the rug. If this purchase was for a guest bedroom where few people would be impacted I would definitely keep it...but it is for the living room, so back it goes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor to fair