This shelf definitely does the trick, is sturdy, and holds books without any trouble. Putting it together was easy, and it looks good! Altogether pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little more brown, but reasonably accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. a bit dinged, not high-end, but very good value
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Positives: It is real wood! You can actually see the grains. It is a good size and looks beautiful. The picture does not do it justice. Negatives: Even though it's real wood, it's a soft, light-weight, wood. I believe it will probably not stand up to abuse and could easily dent. The bookcase came dented and there was a small crack in it; however, neither are noticeable from the front so I didn't return it. The assembly was difficult for one person but was a breeze when my boyfriend helped hold the pieces in place. The allen key that came with it was not made properly (the edges were rounded) and after about 10 minutes of not realizing why I couldn't tighten the bolts, I had to use another one from my toolbox. You'll also need a phillips head screw driver and a rubber mallet. A cordless drill/electric screwdriver made the assembly much easier and faster. None of the pieces are labelled (which is nice that you don't have to try to scrape off those stickers); however, you'll have to carefully look at the diagram to figure out which piece is the left and right sides (the double holes go towards the inside-back of the bookcase). The bookcase is made of a very light-weight wood, and as such, is not very stable until you put some heavy books on the bottom shelves. I would not recommend this bookcase for houses with small children or pets unless you secure it to the wall. Overall, I love the look of the final product, and will actually purchase a second one once the item becomes available again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not great. Came dented and cracked.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
Went with this one as it was the cheapest bookshelf I found on Overstock and liked it so much we decided to get another. Hubby had no trouble putting it together, looks nice and real wood is a plus. 4 stars because the wood is dented and scraped in places, but only on the underside of the shelves and so really not visible. A good deal for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Had some scrapes and dents but good overall
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Love this bookcase!!! It is beautiful and is exactly what I wanted! Thanks Overstock!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I bought this bookshelf several months ago and had been meaning to write a review (since I always read them prior to a purchase :-) I have had a really good experience with this bookcase - it looks great, nice wood, sturdy for my books, yet light enough for me to move alone. However, there is one caveat that ruined it all for me a made me give a lower review; it can with a few knicks in the wood (which i could overlook reasonably), but in addition to this the shelf was obviously manufactured incorrectly and portions of it did not line up! I read that someone else had this experience, and unfortunately it happended to me. I am super busy and would not consider sending it back, etc. So I just made due and had to damage certain parts of it to put it together safe & securely. It was quite a fiasco and really annoyed me, how could they actually manufacture it incorrectly?!? Well, save for this - my review would have been much higher.
Git the bookcase assembled today and I like it except.... the color is NOT espresso, which I consider to be a black/brown color. This shelf is a reddish brown, much lighter than I wanted and lighter than the photos made it appear. But I can live with it, just disappointed because I wanted black/brown.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not accurate at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy, fairly well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat accurate
I was pleased that these were solid wood shelves and that they were easy to assemble except for the top shelf which did not come drilled. You have to figure and mark where the screws are going to go. I didn't find it that difficult to do. The shelves have enough length to each one which enables one to put the same size book or object on any shelf, which I found very helpful and practical. It has a nice look to it. I give it an excellent review.
The bookshelf is nice-looking dark solid wood. Easy to put together (I managed myself in about an hour with no special tools). It is a little tippy and a little bit rickety (you get what you pay for) but with heavy things on it stable and attractive, and fits a lot of stuff. A little narrower than measurements alone would indicate --inside the shelf width is about 27 inches. Great value for the money but not the most sturdy/solid bookcase in the world. I am quite pleased.
Overall this is a nice bookcase. The only reason for 4 stars is the buttons that cover the crew holes are so tight they barley fit in the holes so some stick way out and some don't. Also 2 corners were damaged on both pieces from either warehouse handling or shipping.