We looked at home improvement store websites and in showrooms and no one had a vanity with this small a footprint and the smaller vanities available elsewhere were very cheap, basic and dated looking. This vanity had all the style and quality features of the larger vanities currently in fashion and was very nicely designed for the smaller spaces often found in city homes or old homes where you have to squeeze in a bathroom and want it to look nice. The finish and quality are all nice and while it is hard to know how long it will last I note that the side panels are wood, not the cheap woodgrain printed particleboard or other synthetic and less than water resistant surfaces often found on such vanities. It was exactly what we needed and I'd recommend it to others as well as encourage manufacturers to focus more on small, well made, stylish fixtures to fill this market niche.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color represented was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. better than many vanities in terms of material & construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
BE ADVISED: if you have your trap and water lines coming up from the floor it makes the drawer useless because the drawer is the full depth of the cabinet. It is made for trap and water lines that come in from the wall. You will have to do as we are planning and take the drawer front off of the drawer and make it a false front.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality. Well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I purchased this for a very cramped space, and it's a perfect fit. As others have noted, it's difficult to find such a small and well made vanity at a reasonable price. This one is made of sturdy 3/4" hardwood ply and is well put together. It arrived undamaged in two boxes, both very well packed and padded with a great deal of bubble wrap. And of course, it's hard to beat Overstock's shipping cost. Notes on appearance: The vanity I received has a door hinged on the left, knob on the right--the reverse of the configuration shown in the photo. This worked well for me, but do note that the door is not reversible. The door has soft-close hinges, which is a nice touch. Also, the hardware that came with it is different from that shown in the photo--the two knobs are sleek brushed nickel-finish cylinders with a finger-pull notch on the bottom side. It changes the character of the piece, but if modern/minimalist is not the look you're going for, it's easy enough to swap them out for other knobs. The drain hole does not have a trap installed, so you'll want to get one to match your faucet. Notes on installation: The drill-through back is trimmed out with thicker ply around the edges for sturdiness and stability, so your plumbing needs to be located within about the center 12 inches of the back (my cold water supply line was too close to the wall corner and had to be moved over a couple of inches to line up with the drill-through panel). Also, the porcelain bowl fits best if the cabinet is not quite flush against the wall, so the vanity should install in front of most modern baseboards--although my old 3/4-inch baseboard was too thick and did have to be cut out. After installation, there was about a 3/8 inch space between the rear vertical edge and the wall, which I trimmed out with some screen molding to cover the gap. Overall, I'm pleased--the vanity looks great in the space and seems like it will hold up well to tenant use. I do wish Overstock permitted the uploading of customer photos, especially since there's only the one view of it on the site. It would have been helpful before purchasing to have more and different views--with door and drawer open, and from the top, side, and back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? mostly accurate though incomplete
loved the vanity but had to shorten the drawer which interfered with plumbing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
Very happy with the item and price. this petite vanity took me time to find the 18 inch size i needed complete with a white ceramic sink.The color is as expected...the picture on the website was a good one. the packing was excellent the item arrived in perfect condition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The vanity is plywood, finish is satisfactory...a few flaws that should have been filled and sanded before finish applied...but not a show stopper. ceramic washbowl good finish and looks great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? would have liked to see description of which side the door hinged on...but because of difficulty in finding this size at an affordable price...would have bought anyway.
This vanity was purchased for our 1/2 bath that we are converting into a full bath. The vanity and top came on the same day, each boxed separately and packed with layers of bubble wrap with each piece double boxed. They came out of their boxes in perfect condition. We have yet to install, but it will be perfect for the space we have. The hardware was not a copper tone as described and looks inexpensive, but I had already planned on purchasing different hardware to match the faucet finish anyway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
If you are looking for a petite bathroom vanity, this is it! Just because it's a petite sink doesn't mean that the height isn't where it needs to be. The quality and construction of the product is first rate.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was very close to the site's picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The construction of the cabinet is excellent and the sink completes the product perfectly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly
At this time I am not recommending this product. The item came in with some damage on the side panels. The front is very nice. I am waiting for my third replacement as both vanities came in with the same issues. The manufacturer should take a little more pride in the product that they send out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the front is fine. The finish on the sides not so nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The construction of the product is fine but the quality of the wood on the sides leaves something to be desired!!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate if I can get a non defective unit.
We needed to find a sink that would keep to the charm of our newly aquired arts and crafts home, the vanity fits right in and looks very nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looks as rich in person as it did in the picture.
What a great little sink. It was practically fully assembled which made putting it together a breeze. We have a larger one in a similar style in our other bath. This was is a mini version and just as stylish and well made as its larger sister. Great piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I read the reviews on this product and agree with the fact that this is a very pretty cabinet for a small bathroom. I could only find press board cabinets that looked cheap before coming upon this one. It is made of real wood and looks classy when placed. Unfortunately, as many have stated, the pipes do not fit well in the back of the cabinet. My husband had to cut a whole in the cabinet floor above the drawer and the back of the drawer. This cannot be seen from the outside of the cabinet but it makes the inside hard to store in. At least by cutting the back of the drawer it was still able to open and close to be used. I absolutely love the way the sink sits on top. A reconfiguration of the backside of the cabinet is all that would be needed to make this a perfect piece.
The vanity arrived today and I received it within 3 days of being shipped. It's perfect for my small bathroom in my log cabin in the Smokies! As other reviewers have noted the door opens from the right side instead of from the left (as pictured) but that's not a problem for me. There were similarly styled/priced vanities at local stores however NONE of them were of all wood construction with a china sink like this little beauty! After doing a lot of research on wood vanities for a small bathroom it's doubtful I could have found anything else with this kind of quality for such a reasonable price. I was a little concerned about the height but it stands 34.5 inches when you place the sink on top of the vanity. Yes, it does have a wood back but I prefer it to an "open" back or worse yet a particle board back, because I can customize the holes to accommodate the plumbing fixtures resulting in a cleaner look on the inside. The new vanity and the Sutton Ventian Bronze Mini Chandelier I also got from Overstock look great together! I can't wait to install the pallet board this weekend so I can finish the remodel and enjoy my new bathroom! Thanks to everyone who posted such helpful reviews on this product which led me to make the decision to purchase this vanity!
A visual delight from the front and just the right size. However, from the side the door is not lined up evenly with the rest of the piece because of the big hinges, and worse, the draw beneath stands out even farther from the frame. It almost appears warped and is difficult to open, as if they sent the wrong drawer for the tracks provided. I had a competent carpenter in to look at it. He couldn't adjust the drawer to the tracks and wondered too whether its warped. So I bought a big trash can to camouflage that whole side as it is such an aesthetic detraction! These things are wrapped so that they are nearly impossible to return, so I am living with it. .