My partner and I were looking for two twin-sized beds for one of our guest bedrooms. Although, our home is a garden-style home, we are fond of timeless furnishings as it reminds us when life was simple., and less complicated. These beds are sturdy, classic, and our family and friends repeatedly share how lovely they look! Considering we like the "nostalgic" look, these beds fit the bill - the beds are made by modern means, but appear as well-design antiques. I am an avid shopper at Overstock.com, and not once, have I been disappointed on any purchase, and trust me, you too will be not be disappointed for the simple elegance of these beds.
The most helpful aspect to me in making the choice of 2 of these Fenton twin beds was reading the reviews of other buyers. I was particularly concerned about selecting the "color" of the frames, just by looking at the photo or the description. As another reviewer wrote, the color Butter Pecan implied yellow, but they are not yellow. The frames are a grayish/beige-ish off-white with a matte gold antiqued streaking. They are quite good looking. I was also unclear from the sales ad whether the head board and foot board actually came with sideboards; yes, quite substantial ones. I was able to put the bed together by myself [although it took quite a bit of studying of the drawings] and I am thoroughly satisfied with their look. No one has slept in them yet, so not sure whether there is any noise or creaking, but if there is, I'm certain I would just need to tighten a screw.
This bed is just okay. The assembly directions aren't very easy to follow. Once it is put together, it is pretty sturdy. But don't use any tools to secure it because it scratches and dents easily. The twin mattress I ordered is just slightly too big for the frame so it won't lay flat. Not sure which is "off", the frame or the mattress. The online description doesn't mention it, but this bed cannot be used with slats; it must have a box spring or the mattress will be too low and could be dangerous as there's enough room for a head to get caught between the mattress and lower bar of the headboard. I haven't bought a bed that required a box spring in many years, so this was quite a surprise to me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate but incomplete
I bought this for my granddaughter who thought it was time to go to a teen room. She loves her new bed! Her mother told me that it went together easily. There are two fittings. One higher to allow for a trundle bed. She assembled it in the higher settings and placed a bunky board under the mattress. That brought the mattress up to a perfect height with only enough gap to make it easier to make up the bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described.
I would have expected a complete bed, this is more like a headboard+footboard and frame, the railings are basically two bars of iron too cheap to be displayed: They have to be covered with a bed skirt. On the cheap side...not sure how long it will last.
This bed arrived on time and very well packaged. However, when I took the headboard and footboard out of the carton, they were the same size. I thought that there was a mistake so called Customer Service. They had to check with their warehouse and it took several days for them to get back with me. It turns out that there was a piece in the other box that extends the headboard, so everything in the end was as it should be. I think it would be beneficial to have something on the box that indicated that when it arrives. Other than this snafu, we are very happy with the bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Average.
This bed arrived within a week of delivery in two boxes and was very simple to assemble. I like that the frame is adjustable to accommodate a twin or full sized mattress (I have a twin). The frame itself was black, but the head board and foot board were more of a dark brown color. I ordered the black walnut shade thinking it was going to be darker or look more black, but no worries, a bit of paint will fix that right up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The black walnut is more of a deep chocolate brown rather than a black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the color, everything was on point
I was really shopping for an antique twin bed for a girl's room. I wasn't having much luck and so I thought I would give this bed a try. I'm so pleased that I did!! It's excellent quality. I do wish there was more iron on the bed, to add more weight, but it's still a great bed. The finish on the bed is lovely. I ordered the butter pecan. And the girls think the bed is fantastic! It looks great with all the cute bedding I scored at overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Qualit
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I purchased this bed for my daughter's room. I was kind of hesitant ordering online, but this bed is great! It is exactly what I was looking for. It is very good quality...would definately recommend it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate!