I ordered a set of both the beige and the chocolate curtains. The difference between the finish of the two colors was night and day!! I would highly recommend the chocolate ones (and I suspect the black ones are of the same fabric) but DO NOT recommend the beige ones. While the chocolate ones have a cool faux-leather finish (reminds me of the microfiber finish of my dining room table chair seats) with some matte areas and some more glossy areas, the beige ones are a somewhat coarse, flat finish and it looks like the leather look was attempted through adding greyinsh lines of color on the farbic. Well, it did NOT work. The feel of the beige curtain is awful and the overall look is just as bad. If you're going to get these, make sure you get the chocolate ones, which are fantastic (and as I said before, I'm guessing the black ones are similar). I sent the beige ones back and ordered another set of the chocolate ones.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality good, but finish was ugly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
These curtains are wonderful. I bought the chocolate ones and put them in my bedroom. My husband and I were very pleased. I hung them immediately so I could check the fit (which was perfect for my standard size window) and didn't take time to press the creases out. A few days later I noticed that the creases had fallen out by themselves and didn't need pressing. The fabric allows the curtains to hang nicely without much weight. I'm delighted with this purchase.
I ordered these curtains for our master bedroom and I can't be more pleased! The material is heavy and very good quality. They hang beautifully. I purchased the beige color and was a bit concerned it wouldn't block out the early morning light. I need not have worried. Even my husband (who is extremely difficult to please) likes them. He actually mentioned that we should buy another pair for our guest room. I would highly recommend the Faux Leather Insulated Thermal Curtain to my family and friends.
I had purchased another style of curtains from Overstock for my bedroom and living room. My husband works nights, and we needed blackout curtains in our room so he could sleep better. The other curtains did not cut it, so I ordered these. We love these! They look beautiful hanging up, and they block the sun completely. Some sun filters through at the edges where the curtains meet the edge of the window, but no light shines through the curtains themselves. I was skeptical that they would be what we needed after the other curtains failed to do their job, but these exceeded my expectations. They look so nice hanging up. They are contemporary and casual. I am so glad we got them!
I LOVE THE FAUX LEATHER CURTAINS.......I ORDERED 6 SETS ...THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND MUCH NICER THAN THE ONES I HAVE SEEN IN STORES.....THEY GO GREAT WITH MY CHOCOLATE LEATHER SOFAS....AND MY TEXAS DECOR...I AM A HOMEBUILDER AND AM VERY PICKY WHEN IT COMES TO COLOR MATCHING AND DECOR AND THESE CURTAINS ARE REALLY BEAUTIFUL AND KEEP OUT THOSE COLD TEXAS MORNINGS...AND THE HOT TEXAS SUN SINCE THEY ARE BLACKOUT CURTAINS AS WELL....I ORDER FROM OVERSTOCK ALL THE TIME AND HAVE NEVER NEVER BEEN DISAPOINTED WITH ANYTHING THAT I HAVE RECIEVED.....IN FACT I RECOMMEND THIS SITE TO EVERYBODY THAT I KNOW AND THEY ARE HOOKED ON IT TOO....
I just love these curtains! I ordered a set for the living room and dining room in Chocolate. The material is light yet they keep the room fairly dark when closed. The easy care makes them and even better find! I am going to order another set for my family room in black. I only wish they came in shorter lengths as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Recieved the curtians fast and they exceeded all expectations.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fantastic! Looks like real leather, hangs wonderfully.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was very accurate.
These curtains are wonderful, supple feel, bautiful texture and color. Would buy more if they still had them for sale.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Good product for the price. I have a drafty old house that leaks energy everywhere and my heating bills were getting out of hand, so I picked up 3 pairs of these and some generic dollar curtain rods from the wall-markets. They look great - roomies all commented on the nice appearance - and they really help insulate at the windows, giving the house a nice cozy look and feel, and knocking down the power bill. Would buy again! May buy more!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color exactly as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice soft texture. I pictured them slightly thicker but they definitely do the job. I'm saving money on my heating bill for sure.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I got these for my husband's new "music room" -- a converted shed in the backyard (which is turning out GREAT!). Not only do they cut down on heat/cold/light condisions, an added bonus, that we didn't anticipate, is the insulating of sound, in addition to weather. And they look AWESOME!
I got these curtains because I wanted to block out light, but also because we have old slat-style windows that just let the cold wind in like crazy. These curtains certainly block out the light! The wind... well, I'm not terribly sure about that because I still end up pretty cold, but our slat-style windows (original, from the 60's!) were a bad idea to begin with. What were they thinking back then?? I've had some sun damage and it seems that they didn't take very long to fade, but then again, I chose the black ones and I suppose fading isn't a surprise. Also, these are not pure black. They are a really dark granite gray with slightly lighter gray streaks through them, probably to simulate the texture of leather or something. Still looks nice though.
Theses curtains are just what I expected really dark brown matched my leather sofa perfectly, I have hung them between my front room and kitchen as it gets abit chilly in that area during the winter... they are def black out don't let any light in whatsoever hopefully they will also keep the cold out too.... the texture is really soft to touch, I will also purchase another pair for the hallway by my front door..... I have searched many stores and web sites and have not found any that compare...
We absolutely love these curtains! We have a formal bedroom set with a leather headboard and walnut finish, these curtains fit perfectly with the furniture. My husband works nights so we needed blackout curtains. We really did not care for other blackout curtains we looked at, they did not have much style to them like these ones. The faux leather finish really does look like leather, they do not look tacky or cheap at all. Another characteristic of these curtains is that they are machine washable, great that they don't have to be dry-cleaned. I would highly recommend these to anyone!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looks just as it did on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, no surprises when curtains arrived.
virginiaThe curtains are very nice, they also are black out curtains. The quailty is rich looking just what I like. Good price also.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This item is very high quailty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? They we're not what I was looking for but, are very nice
We have moved to a new house and needed curtains for our bedroom. I work swing shifts so at times I really need it dark in the bedroom. Not only the curtains provide minimal light but will also help with heating and cooling. Awesome curtains. Easily installed and hang beautifully. My husband loves them also!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color match was excellent.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality above what I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely accurate!
These curtains block the light really well. The room I purchased them for is on the South side of my house and I needed both the light blocking and thermal properties. The curtains have a nice drape to them. I think the beige curtains look more like parchment paper texture than leather...kind of like a crinked paper with slight light and darker variations. I like them, I am not sure how well the thermal part works yet though....I will find out next summer when the temps get up over 100 again, it will be reflected in my electric bill. I did get curtains that had a bit of damage to the inner lining, you can see it when the light is really bright but it is not something you can see by just looking at the curtains.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was about the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They feel nice & hang nice, on a couple of the curtains when the sun shines through you can see some damaged spots. I bought 4 sets and two of the curtains are like this our of 8. It is not real noticeab themle so I kept them.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is accurate.
I bought these curtains with the idea that they would look and feel like leather. Instead, they have a sheen to them, and the pattern has a crinkled look (I assume that's the faux). I returned them; I thought they looked a little cheap.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a bit lighter than the image on line
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was good. They are a heavier fabric, so I assume they would block out heat/light.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was a little vague
I thought it looked like a cool idea and now I'm totally convinced to go with leather on the drapery but these are going to get returned. The thermal backing is a joke compared to Roc-Lon or other foam based thermal backers but the biggest issue is the "leather" fabric. It looks low end with a strange sheen. If the idea of leather is intriguing but you don't want them to come off looking like...leather, then you may have a winner.
I bought these curtains to hang in my master bedroom in front of a space that contains a skylight. At certain times of the year, the sunlight comes through the skylight and hits right at head level on the bed. These curtains do a fantastic job of blocking the sunlight - the only light you see is on either side and the floor where the curtains do not touch. No light filters through them at all. On top of that, they look pretty upscale for the price. Highly recommend.