If you are looking for an affordable upholstered headboard but don't want to invest in the expensive ones sold by other furnishing sites, this is a great buy. It's very pretty, easy to assemble and adjust the height, and the fabric is a very neutral grey, with a tinge of purple (they call it taupe, but I'd say it's a little darker than what I would expect a taupe to be). My only disappointment is that by purchasing a full/queen headboard, you're essentially purchasing a queen headboard that looks somewhat stupid on a full bed--it hangs out on both sides and you can see the wooden legs, which are just stained plywood--not terribly attractive. With a fluffy comforter, you could probably camouflage that, but the full/queen is really meant for a queen bed. Also, in order to attach it to the bed frame, you have to have the headboard up quite high so that the mattress fits up under the headboard, which will steal some length from your bed--if you're tall like me, that's not acceptable. Between the wonky size and not wanting it to tower over my bed, I just have it propped behind the bed and it looks fine, but expect to get creative if you're getting it for a full bed. For this price, though, I can make a few concessions!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Seems grey
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the fabric is a linen-like weave, seems solid and easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat accurate except for size
Pretty good for the price. My major complaint is actually that the fabric, which has a bit of a cross-weave pattern to it, is attached to the headboard so that the pattern runs crooked across the headboard. Not sure if others had the same problem. It's minor, but with the lighting in my bedroom, it's quite noticeable and is a little annoying. I also agree that the legs are not the most attractive, and even with a queen headboard, they still peek out a little bit. But...you get what you pay for! This would be a great option for a guest room. If you're looking for a perfect headboard for the master (as we were), this is serviceable but not life-changing. As others have mentioned, color changes depending on light, but it looks more gray overall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate. Does look more gray than taupe (depending on light) which I am happy with.
Looking for a deal on an upholstered headboard and I definitely found it with this one. It is well-made, comfortable, thick and the perfect height for my bed. I have a 15" mattress on a platform bed. At the middle of the 3 adjustable heights, the bottom of the headboard is just below the top of my mattress. Without the legs (which you can remove) the headboard alone is approx 33" tall to the tallest point (difficult to measure while it's on my bed). Overall, great value (I got it on sale and saved even more with an Overstock promo code). As always, delivery was fast!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The headboard appears more gray in the photo. Actual color is as describe - taupe. I would say it's brown/gray with slight purple under tones. Very neutral and goes fine with my warm gray walls and bedding.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems very good. The product arrived in great condition except for a minor scuff that appears to be white paint. Most has come out and I'm sure the rest will when I take the time to work on it. Piping is in excellent condition. Also, the height is perfect!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Just unpacked this and breathed a sigh of relief! The color is very true to what I'm seeing online but agree with other comments that say the color changes depending on background. When I unwrapped it downstairs where the room is grey, it appeared more brownish but when I put it in the bedroom which is painted with Benjamin Moore Monroe Bisque, it appears more grey. The headboard itself along with the material is well made but my one concern and the reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is the flimsy quality of the attachable legs. The headboard is very heavy and I'm wondering about the quality and strength of the legs. The good thing is that they would be very easy and cheaply replaced if we decide they are not up to the task of supporting the headboard. Overall, a very good price for the product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I procrastinated for years before purchasing this headboard. It has more of a slight sage cast to it than appears in the photo. Being an avid reader in the bed, it is comfortable. It cleans well and I am quite pleased with my selection. I did not want any nail heads on the furniture, so it fulfilled my requirements. My son helped me put it together. I had to adjust it twice and was relatively easy to do.
This headboard is just as pictured and just what I wanted! It came fast and was nicely packaged. My husband put it in our guest room quickly and it looks beautiful. The color is truly taupe (between gray and brown) and very neutral. I saw this same headboard on other sites but it was much cheaper on Overstock.
Great headboard that matched the colors of my room well (a mixture of greys and neutrals). Only problem was that it was NOT wide enough to attach to my queen sized bed, so I had to order extender brackets. It works fine as long as it is leaned up against a wall, otherwise it would not be sturdy.
I ordered this headboard because it was at a great price point and I liked the color shown on the photos. I read the reviews which commented that the color was not exactly as photographed. It is a tad darker, a mix of grey, purple, and brown. I still like it and think it will suit my needs. The headboard is adjustable for bed height which I appreciate, and it is very easy to get set up. It took me and someone else 15 minutes total. The box it comes in is super heavy fyi :)
This headboard looks great. It was rather easy to assemble as well. The reason for the loss of a star is the noise it makes; when I get into bed it creaks against the wall a bit. It could be that I didn't set it up totally correct though. For the price overall, this headboard was worth it!
Got the order very quickly and found it easy to assemble and attach to our West Elm queen bed frame (used slightly longer screws that what came with the headboard). Way cheaper than the options we were eyeing other places. Color is a good neutral grey (not too light). So happy with the purchase.
This is DEFINITELY more grey but read this on the reviews and was very pleased. Only issue was it DOES NOT fit a standard bed frame. We just ordered all new mattress and bed frames for our weekend house and I could not get this to fit in the holes for a queen sized frame. Having the handyman come tomorrow to fix it. Other than that, it's lovely and a great price. Also arrived super fast!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was more grey
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty Accurate
Like other reviewers have said, it's about a shade or two darker and is more gray than taupe. I have a queen bed and even on a queen the legs stick out a little bit and doesn't look as flush as it does in the stock photo. I didn't have any problem with the fabric going the wrong direction as another reviewer wrote. Overall, this is more of a queen size headboard, def not for a full bed and the color is a medium gray (not light as the picture). It looks great and was easier than making my own, and looks more expensive then it really was.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality, sturdy, and heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not taupe, more grey
Beautiful, tailored upholstered headboard. I think it looks much more expensive than it was. The color is definitely more blue/gray/slate colored than it is taupe/brown/tan. I had read the reviews and was expecting this - so it looks great in my guest bedroom. Exactly what I wanted. I put it together myself in about 20 minutes and had it attached to the bedframe with no problem. Make sure you are reading the correct instructions (full size or queen). The different instructions aren't well marked in the manual, and WILL make a difference in how it is assembled. All in all, I'm very pleased with the product and how it looks in my room. THANKS!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes - definitely leans blue/gray vs. taupe/brown/tan
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent