I got this in a king sized and is a great headboard for the price, especially when shipping is so inexpensive. I like the gray color. I like that it can be adjusted for height. We have it at the highest right now but it should probably be on the middle height. Easy to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks the same as the picture but I wouldn't call it taupe. More gray as indicated in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a solid headboard with thick slabs of wood for support. Fabric is home decor weight.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate except it is called a taupe color but is more of a gray.
I realize that prices can change on Overstock but at the time I purchased this headboard, the price charged by Overstock was almost half what other sites charged. Even at "full price", this headboard is a bargain and made in the US to boot! Easy assembly but two people recommended as the piece is heavy. I wanted a headboard that would work with transitional pieces and give more height than a traditional rectangular padded headboard, and this one met both requirements. Against the ice blue walls of my bedroom the headboard appears almost green rather than brown or gray, either of which I would have preferred. But I will live with the color as it works in every other way. After reading other comments it seems that the fabric color changes as the light changes in a room. Note that the padding is quite taut and the the fabric is a linen-type weave, so this is not a soft, "cushy" surface against which to rest.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The headboard appears to be almost gray on the computer screen but is more of a khaki green in bright light. It does seem gray in the evenings.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Surprisingly good, especially for such a low price. All stitching was solid with no loose threads. The wood use for the posts is a little rough and can give splinters.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate with the exception of the color, which, admittedly, is difficult to describe.
I am really impressed with this. I was not sure about "taupe" color but I looked at the color of the walls and the color of the woodwork in the photo shown and figured that "taupe" was close to what I wanted. It arrived in two days and it looks perfect. I am even thinking of putting studs on the upper and outer edges. Taupe is a cross between tan and grey and that is exactly what this is! Thank you! Big saving for us!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? VERY GOOD
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. EXCELLENT
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? RIGHT ON
The EXACT same king headboard sells at a well known National Retailer for more than twice the price. I placed my order online on a Thursday night after normal retail hours & it was delivered to my home the following Monday, despite the fact that it weighed more than 75lbs. Amazing quick delivery & it arrived in PERFECT condition.
I never write reviews but had to for this. Searched for a fabric headboard for our new kingsize bed everywhere. The selling point I told my husband was that you can't even find a used headboard in king size on Craigslist...much less a fabric one. He wanted to make one but for this price...no way. Get it and put it on the middle height setting. The tallest setting is too high b/c the pillows will slip through the back. Shipped in less than a week and before the estimate. First order with Overstock and can't wait to order something else.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly. Like others said, taupe isn't what I'd call this color. It's gray and perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality and easy to put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
I wasn't expecting much of this headboard considering the price. However, when it came I was so pleased. The color is a dark taupe. As others have reviewed it is more brown than gray. It is heavy, solid and mounted easily to our king sized bed frame. The linen texture is also very nice.
I looked online for an excruciatingly long time to find a headboard I liked! It still always feels risky to order something like this sight unseen. I love this neutral color, brownish-grayish, the elegant shape, the adjustable height, the textured fabric like burlap weave but soft. Got the cal king size and it works. One hole was stripped so had to work around that. Great, reasonably priced purchase.