In the product review it states that there are trim pieces included, when I received the product today and opened one of the four packages, I found only 3 18" trim pieces which is hugely inadequate for the size of of installation for 4 sheets. Alas, an order form for additional trim pieces was included which leads me to the conclusion that the original description was misleading. I am not buying more trim pieces and do not even have enough for the trim for one of the sheets. I feel the product is way overpriced as it is flimsy. The four packages that I purchased are being shipped back and it is one of the very few that I have ever had to ship back to Overstock.
I just got done spending a weekend putting these up in my kitchen and it was not easy....I was not totally happy with how they were looking but kept thinking maybe when I was done they would look good. No such luck everyone that sees them says they look cheap. I just got granite countertops and they are so shiny that you can't even see the granite because the tile reflects down on them....I would not recommend wasting your time with these. I will be taking them down and getting tile installed. Wasted money and time.
The brushed alluminum backsplash is made of plastic not aluminum. I placed the backsplash around my stove and it has warped from the heat. Would not reccomend for kitcken, this product will not hold up to any heat, toster oven, coffee maker, oven etc. Seams are also very noticeable. Very dissapointed with product.
Used this product in my kitchen as a back splash. I love the look, it reflects the light making the whole room brighter. Installation was more difficult than I expected due to lining up the pattern. Was easy to cut. They didn't send enough trim pieces, but Over Stock is taking care of this. Overall, happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very thin and flimsy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate, but didn't expect how flexible the panels are
All in all its an inferior product to ceramic tile...but for those on a budget this was a very nice alternative. Beautiful looking and have had no problems installing or cleaning it. It is not seamless, so i might recommend a different pattern, BUT it still looks sharp and no one ever knew it was plastic until we told them. Would def recommend to friends.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. i actually liked that it was plastic, easy to cut and install. we didn't need to smooth out the drywall behind the panels, which would have had to been done if we went with tile sheets, etc
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was a little misleading...its not seamless even though they have overlapping seams
I used this procuct to augment areas in my vintage trailer, it looks beautiful and matches! Considering how easy it is to use, cut and apply, this product is awesome.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better than the pic, looked like real aluminum
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Super easy to use, excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, the pic doesn't show how good it looks
We are people who do our own work, and we research before purchasing. We were pleased to find all the channels we needed despite a poor review we had read. Be sure to look through the package because some of them are tucked away. Also we were thrilled to find the outlet materials. We put the panels over existing tile so we opted for the glue. No problem. If you can measure, you can do this. What a difference and upgrade this is! We did go online to watch the installment video; some do better from visual instruction. Having the video included would have been nice, but no big deal. The price offered through Overstock was a no brainer. I'm confident we'll purchase more products this way.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. exactly as we hoped
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
The concept is good however these panels sometimes it's very hard to get the patterns to match up, you end up buying so many extra ones just to get it to work correctly doesn't look bad in the end but I still think there's other easier options like tile.
I have just finished installing the product. It was very easy to cut using scissors. I used the double stick tape. It seems to be holding just fine. I am going to be ordering extra trim pieces, not enough comes with kit. All in all it is a good product and a good price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems durable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
These panels were exactly what I needed to cover up an uneven wall behind my oven. They even came with the two trim pieces I happened to need (a corner trim pc and an end trim pc). They also came with light plate cover adhesive but I didn't sue this as I thought it would be a little tacky (just sticking to white) but I might use this in another project. I was glad to see that these were on sale, which is why I bought this pattern but the size of the pattern was a little different that I expected. It kinda reminds me of a diner for some reason (maybe saw them in a diner). I do like them though, and I would purchase these panels again. I used construction adhesive to stick them to the wall. The color was a little lighter than the stainless steel appliances but it goes together well and it adds dimension (it would be too "matchy-matchy" if it was the same exact color).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good - however the scale was a little different than it looked in the pic, I wish I had seen actual size of the pattern.
I was concerned at first thinking these have got to be cheap looking and hard to install. To the contrary, they were extremely easy to install and look beautiful. You can't tell if it's real stainless steel or aluminum. It matches perfectly with my stainless steel sink and faucet. I initially was going to purchase it from Home Depot.com, but they wanted too much money. Overstock was cheaper and it looks fantastic. I am very happy with it. Glad I chose Overstock.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I am sorry I bought these in that they didn't install well, and lifted off the wall. I had a contractor come in and he used an adhesive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The tiles are hard to install, lift and look cheap