I wish I knew what kind of era this design is from because I am constantly being asked by my friends and visitors. But whatever it is, I love it. The lines of this chair are mesmerizing, almost hypnotic in the sense of peace and tranquility they confer to my abode. There is also a stark modernity that flows out of these chairs and into the vibe of the dining room. The wenge finish looks great, the frame is super sturdy and the back support is substantial.
With the modern design of the backrest and the dark brown solid wood frame these Farrington Dark Brown Dining Chairs look both modern and classic at the same time. I have a classic looking dining room with a large oak dining table so I had to buy two sets to complete the atmosphere of the room. The chairs are on affordable price and the quality is definitely high. I know these amazing and elegant chairs will last for a long time.
I absolutely love these chairs. I ordered 12 of them for my large dining table and they look fantastic. The product description on the website is slightly off, they are actually 40.5 inches high, not 39.4". Some of mine have scratches in the wood, but I managed to even out the color with a furniture pen. You can still see the indentations, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning them. I'm still rating them a 5 because I'm a die-hard Charles Rennie Mackintosh fan--read on. Another reviewer on here was wondering what era this style is from. It's art deco, from around the 1920s-30s. It's also similar to the Arts & Crafts style of the 1860s to 1910. The style of these chairs is reminiscent of that of Charles Rennie Mackintosh (1868-1928), the Scottish designer and architect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not entirely accurate
Some functional objects have the power to transform daily life. In my home, the Farrington has proven to hold this power. On one hand, they are durable and minimal. On the other hand, they are distinguished, with almost a regal quality. I appreciate the considerable level of elegance that they bring to the dinner table. The microfiber upholstery feels exquisite and the tall slatted backrest is a beautiful element of design.
The chairs are very pretty but they are small. The seating area is smaller than my previous chairs by at least a couple of inches. The back of the chair is very narrow. The chairs just don't seem sturdy and they did not look good with my solid blocky table. The chairs themselves looked nice and the curve of the back and the cushions were comfortable for me but seemed small for my husband and son.
I bought 8 of these chairs and gave up after trying to assemble 2 of them. I returned all 8. The angles of the cross pieces that connect the front leg piece with the back and leg piece are not cut accurately. There was no way to attach the cross pieces so that all 4 legs sat on the floor when the cross pieces were snug with the back and front pieces. The instructions basically show not to tighten everything up. With all 4 legs on the floor there were big gaps between the cross pieces and the back piece, and the whole frame wiggled. With everything tightened up snug, the chairs looked like the picture in the instructions of what not to do. I notice that other reviewers said that the chairs wobbled or needed levelers so I guess I got the extreme version. All in all it's too bad as the chairs are beautiful and I was sad to see them go back. The color is beautiful. It is dark but you can see the wood grain and there is a slight redish highlight.
Concern about color was a factor in matching it to the table, but the quality of the photos helped and were accurate for both table (Abbyson Living Casablanca-Espresso) and chairs. The narrow back with elegant curve stands above the table for a stylish look, without blocking view of the rest of the kitchen, and helps fit in a relatively small kitchen. The quality is good, but got leveling floor protectors to reduce rock in some chairs. Comfortable, but do not feel particularly sturdy, so there is some concern of how they will hold up. Overall, very pleased with the product, the support of Overstock in helping to match colors and the rapid delivery in time for our new kitchen party!
Beautifully styled dining room chairs. They have a narrower profile which is perfect for my smaller dining room. The chairs seem very sturdy, made of real wood and were easy to assemble. They feel and look like art around the table. They are comfortable and the curved back seems to support the right spots.
Chairs are very comfortable, and we are very pleased with them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good. Better than what I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
These chairs look great. Good value for the price. I would say the thin back slats are slightly delicate but as long as the chairs are handled correctly there should be no problem. I am very happy with how they look at our table. Highly recommend these chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The chairs were what I expected in quality, color and size. I bought the chairs for my office and I am pleased with them in that setting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was comparable with the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price paid, the quality is okay. The chairs may even be of a little higher quality than I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
Have to say, the instuction are perfect for a dyslixic... all pictures, GR8! LOL! Now if I could just put the hole for the screws right side up... ;) it's always somthing...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was suprisingly good. I was impressed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Bought these chairs for my daughters new condo they are perfect in the space. She had no problem putting them together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I ordered 8 chairs - 2 sets of 4. The chairs came in 4 boxes - 2 per box. The instructions are the kind you frequently get with mail order products - pictures, arrows, no words. When I was putting together the first set I took two of the 4 lateral chair seat supports from the box and attached as instructed. After attaching I realized that there was a left and right support and I had grabbed two right from the box (they were not marked and the instruction sheet did not indicate there was a left and right). Due to my mistake the one support had the screw holes to hold the cushion to the chair facing the wrong direction. When I unscrewed the one lateral support the screw stripped and I was unable to take it off to put the correct support on. I went ahead and put together the rest of the chairs (being careful to note the left vs right support) and I had no problem assembling. I called Overstock and was honest about my mistake and told them the screw stripped and I could not fix it. They were so kind and apologized and asked me what replacement parts I needed to fix it. I told them and they said they would ship them to my home. They did this at no additional cost and the service was great over the phone. I was quite impressed. I received my replacement parts and now I have 8 dining room chairs that are comfortable and look great. I am pleased!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate
Purchase arrived within 2 days of placing order. Well packed and intact with all components available. Only complaint was that one chair back was roughly finished, but not bad enough flaw to warrant sending back. Chairs were easily assembled and placed around a 40 yr old glass topped, chrome based dining table and they proved to be a perfect complement. The high backs of the chairs give them an element of high style belying their incredibly low purchase price. The frames are somewhat flimsy, but easily and comfortably support a 200# person, and sat sturdily and evenly on the floor. They fit beautifully into my redecorating of my rehabbed, 100 yr old character house in the city.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These will not be heirlooms, but excellent product for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfectly described.
They look awesome and are comfortable as well. AND great price. What more could you ask for?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I think they look fabulous!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate