I was specifically searching for Farberware Millenium to augment the two pots and lids I had found a few years ago at an outlet. I was searching then for good quality, high-grade stainless steel cookware with a smooth bottom to use effectively on my smooth-top stove. Most of my cookware didn't meet this smooth-bottom test so I was on the look-out for new. When I discovered this set, I was thrilled that it had a nonstick surface that was dishwasher safe and that I could use metal utensils. To me that's almost like it's cooking my family's dinner. The pieces offered cover the gamut of what most kitchen's require. It's just been a wonderful investment...top quality for less than a rich man's purse.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top quality stainless steel, heavy gauge for lasting beauty.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good description.
I recently purchased this cookware set and I am very pleased! We just built a new house with a convection stove top. We went out and bought a beautiful stainless steel set but I hated it because things stuck to it like crazy every time I cooked. This set provides the beauty of stainless steel with the utility of nonstick cookware. It's also dishwasher safe which makes it even easier to use. I looked for similar sets elsewhere. The only set I could find elsewhere at a high end cooking store cost a fortune. This set seemed very reasonably priced to me. I was so happy to find it and I would highly recommend it!
GREAT set of pans! These are absolutely excellent because of the even heat conductivity with the stainless steel and aluminum encapsulated core in the heavy weight bottoms. The non-stick coating is tough and allows you to use metal utensils. Good choice of pans with the 1 & 2 qt. looking like conventional sauce pans and the 3 quart pan can double as a chicken fryer with the high sides. This basic set takes care of most of any cooking needs. I caramalized a recipe the first night in the 10 inch frying pan and the clean up was so easy with that non-stick coating. The pans look like they will provide a life time of service and the price was the best any where. With just 3 days to delivery, this purchase was a dream come true.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is an outstanding set of pans because of the heat conductivity as well as the non-stick coating that is metal utensil friendly!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate although even better in person
I'm very please with this cookware. The quality is good, it's attractive, and a good value. I would recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I have been looking for a set of pots and pans for about 6 months, to replace a 15 year old set. This set was everything I was looking for. The non-stick properties are excellent. Clean-up is a breeze. Very even heating, no hot spots (or cooler spots). Works very well with my smooth top range. I purchased the stainless steel finish, which is beautiful. Glass lids are a plus. All in all, a very good product, priced reasonably.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy-duty, very even heating, exceptional non-stick, easy clean
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
It arrived on a day after it was originally supposed to be shipped because of the holiday. I would definitely repeat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As Advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice cookware set I bought for myself. I am very happy with my purchase. It arrived on a day after it was originally supposed to be shipped because of the holiday.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is heavy cookware that cooks well and looks good too, not to mention cleanup is a breeze. It says you can put in the dishwasher, but I wash by hand since they changed the formulation of dishwasher soap and my old stainless pieces are mottled. The no stick surface makes hand washing a breeze. I have a smooth cooktop and just got it, so learning to cook with this set has been a learning experience, but with a month of practice, these pans work flawlessly. I would highly recommend these to anyone seeking a new cookware set.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely
I have been looking for a good, but less expensive cookware set for a long time. I have found many sets that interested me, but I didn't want to pay the high dollar amounts. This set has the weight and quality of some of the expensive brands at a more reasonable price. I'm thrilled.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent--heavy, but not too heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Ths is the second set of Millennium cookware that I have purchased. The original one was from our wedding in 1993. Looked high and low for another set because my fry pan from the first set gave out (20 years later). The non-stick surface is wonderul, and love love love the stainless steel, so easy to keep clean/new looking. Stands up to a SOS pad. Mixed emotions about the glass lids on this set though....would have loved to have a stainless one for the soup pan/dutch oven. Definitely worth the money!
Just ordered another 10 pc set. I was getting wigged out over web sites saying the Teflon lining put off toxins and was looking into the new ceramic. I'd owned this set and used daily for the past 3 years, and 4 months, some times two or three times a day, being retirees. Love these pans, I can fry up some really good golden brown fried potatoes. My husband and I believe everything taste better fried. We never use anything but plastic or wood utensils, but still the bottoms were showing cracks and I feared peeling. So I bought a ceramic fry pan, terrible! I tried frying an egg and it would only heat what was on contact with the surface, ended up scrambling, tried it twice and thank goodness the store I bought it from took it back. I have an induction range and after spending a whole day with magnet in hand couldn't find much that would work and the few I did find cost some big bucks and I might end up with crap again. We feel we got more then our moneys worth for 3 yrs 4 months, and will just deal with the ceramic crap when the Teflon is no longer available. For now it's golden brown fried potatoes! Quality at a GREAT price!
I loved this! I was so excited to receive this cookware, I washed them and started cooking immediately. The nonstick is amazing, you don't need oil or much of it, great for healthy cooking. I have a glass stove top and they worked so well. I recommend don't shake the cookware back and forth on glass top because it may cause scratch or damage on glass top. Also be careful with the lids, they do get really warm if cooking for a long while. I suggest use a dry towel or pot holder. Otherwise great value for the price. I would definitely recommend.
I am an avid cook. This set is restaurant quality and easy to clean and maintain. On time arrival and packaged very secure. A nice benefit is being able to start on the stove and finish the dish in the oven, with non extra headaches or hassell.
Remodeled kitchen, got new stovetop, induction, so had to get new pots and pans for induction use. Was unsure about these non-stick but they turned out to be great. Nice, sturdy weight to them. Cooks food great (if I could just get used to induction and stop burning things! definite learning curve here) They wash in the dishwasher as stated in the description, but food does not stick so I usually just had wash them. The disadvantage is that the lid does get very HOT so have a hot pad ready to lift the lid. The handle does not get that hot but I still use one to transfer the pot or pan. These are my first new pots in 30 years (those Everwear have the heavy core bottom but are not induction capable) and I am pleased with this purchase. Would like 1 bigger sauce pan in the set but easy enough to remedy, just buy the one size I want. Good price and good merchandise. As usual for Overstock.
I am very pleased with this purchase, having researched countless cookware options for my glass ceramic cooktop. The product has good weight and nice flat bottoms (necessary as to not scratch the cooktop). Both the pots and the pans are non-stick. The pans are nice and deep. The clear glass tops allow you to view what you're cooking. For 10 pieces of this quality I feel this is good value for the price. I was not disappointed.