I love electric percolators and I think Farberware has the best type. I brew in minutes and the coffee comes out delicious. Remember to grind your coffee beans to electric percolator - doesn't work with Expressor or other type finer grinds (clogs). It will need replacement every few years depending how much you use the coffee pot as the machine part will eventually stop or just give out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good - Will need replacement every few years depending on how much you use the coffee pot.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate Description
This product was described perfectly on the website. Farberware is a good name and I knew it would arrive just as expected. I bought it for my daughter's new condo. She was thrilled to get one since we've been using one at home for years. Overstock is my favorite on-;line store and would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description
I've been searching for a coffee percolator in all local stores - they're hard to find. overstock had it and a better price too
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color perfect - stainless steel
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Feberware is a good name
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was a bit smaller than expected - but i didn't need a 12 cup coffee pot
I like this percolator for two reasons: It is all stainless steel, no aluminium or plastic and it makes the best cup of coffee out of all the brewing systems. Only drawback is that they tend to burn out after about a year. It would be nice if it had an on/off switch and even better if it had a brew timer, as indicated in the copy. In spite of it's drawbacks I still gave it 4 stars, because it makes such a good cup of coffee. If you purchase one, get the extended warranty plan for an extra 4 dollars. It is worth it.
Best way to make coffee, if you are serious about your brew. I love the fact that it is all stainless steel, no plastic parts to leach out toxins under the high temperatures encountered while brewing. It is very difficult to find an all metal or metal and glass coffee brewer. Coffee comes out HOT and fresh. If I had to nit pick, I would ask for a clear GLASS spout ( a very minor point indeed) and an easier way to check the level of water you place in the perculator. There is only a faint indicator of water levels inside ( hard to see when you are filling it from the faucet). An automatic brewing timer would be the ultimate! i would suggest purchasing the extended warranty, as with all electric percolators, the element tends to burn out rather quickly. The price one pays for killer coffee. All in all an excellent percolator.