My very first disappointment with Overstock. The ipercolator is listed as Made in USA. I verified that before I ordered. When it arrived - the box is marked "Made in China." Costs too much to return, so am keeping it. I try to purchase goods made here in the USA - really sad this was not manufactured here.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made in China
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? NOT accurate - site states MADE IN USA
I like to perk my own coffee to the desired strength that I like. This is perfect for me. I also use it for my tea. I find that there is no cross contamination of flavors. I love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Love to perk my own coffee. This is exactly what I needed since mine had seen better days.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is a very functional no-frills design percolator. It looks like a coffee can with a lid. I would expect something more decorative, but the pot definitely makes good coffee if you put the right amount of water and the proper grind of coffee in the capacious pot and then boil the brew for the correct amount of time. It doesn't take that long to brew the coffee, but if you've been accustomed to a single-serve machine the first few pots will seem to take forever to brew.
I purchased this product because the web site said it was made in the USA. When I received the product, no where on the product or on the packaging was there an indication of where it was made. Consequently, I contacted Farberware directly. They indicated that the product is made in CHINA. Additionally, the peek-thru top on the lid is made of plastic--not glass. Therefore, I am returning the product.
All is as I expected the product to be; both workmanship, description and feature as advertised. Thank you very much,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as it appears on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent workmanship; care taken in producing this product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just as I expected the product to be; exact description as on site.