The performance of this product for the cost is exceptional. The deep sided pan is really versatile and because both pot and pan accept the pressure lid and the glass lid accompanying the set it is especially nice. I have prepared Cincinnati style chili and split pea soup in the pot with fantastic results. The meat (ground beef and ham) for each dish came out incredibly tender and full of flavor. The pan has been used for sauteing vegetables and has become one of my favorite pans in the kitchen because of the deep sides and size. My one complaint is that customer service was unable to tell me how many pressure settings this cooker has. I was eventually told--incorrectly-- that this pressure cooker has two settings. IN FACT, the cooker has only 1 setting (15 psi). Since most pressure cooking calls for this higher setting, the limitation of not having a lower (8 psi) setting was of little consequence for me. This information should be revealed on the site, however, since many of the newer pressure cookers do come with a high and low pressure setting and this one does not.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual was same as represented on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well built. Heavy guage steel provides for even heat distribution over the bottom of the pot and pan
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Website does not indicate that this pressure cooker only has one pressure setting (15 psi)
I am new to pressure cooking and all my past experience with pressure cookers was in my mother's kitchen some 30 years ago and it was not a pleasant memory. This set has a very different feeling. Very safe, and very secure. functions exactly as described. I work at home and now I can give more time to work and still get a really nice meal together in no time. I don't feel that there is any difference in flavor especially when cooking stews, caserols and risottos. Roasts, however, I prefer to cook in the oven still. But when I am pressed for time I will do a potroast in my pressure cooker and everyone will still be very happy. So very highly recommend. I have also shopped around online and in stores and in terms of deals and safety features, this set wins. You may want to go with the 6 and 8 set though, the 4 one is really too small and can only do rice or veggie steams in it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, safe
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Google the "HOW TOs" about pressure cookers and you won't be so intimidated! It's a PERFECT way to make refried beans and quickly cook artichokes. I just moved from an induction cooktop to gas, and I'm doing a bit of re-learning, but I really like this!
I have been using the pressure cooker for over 2 years now. Absolutely love it. The cooking time is ridiculously short. You can have your rice done in 6 min after the pressure has been build. Perfect every time. Dry beans soup in 30 min! Beef, pork, chicken stew in 10 min. You can't beat that. And the flavor is as you have been cooking in slow cooker. Amazing product! I told all my friends about it. I can not live without it. Its my favorite kitchen appliance ever.
I haven't used a pressure cooker in many years. The quality and the price on the set are very good. I had forgotten how tender a roast came out using a pressure cooker and how fast it was - looking forward to trying more recipes. As usual, overstock shipped this item quickly.
I enjoy cooking in the Presuure cooker. Having 2 sizes is really helpful. Have not used it enough to determine the long term benefit. The only thing I am not sure in the event I need to replace a part where do I find the repalcement part.
This is pretty much as I expected it to be. The only surprise was how quickly I received the items. The botton of both the pots are heavy and washing them up is very easy as nothing sticks to them. If you happen to burn anything in them, soak for a little while and it will easily come right off. Love, Love my pots.
I admit I was somewhat intimidated by pressure cookers in general, having heard a few horror stories from my mother and grandmother , but I conquered my fears. I wanted to cook foods deliciously, quickly and not in in the microwave. So far I've only cooked a pot roast, but I'm happy to report it came out very good and took only 30 minutes under pressure.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavily made; looks to be well constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
This is my second purchase of this brand of pressure cookers that I've purchased for myself. I am from the West Indies, and we use pressure cookers quite often to cook oxtaills and the dried peas and beans we prepare for our daily meals. I gave the first set, which I've had for several years and is still in tip top, shiny as new condition, to my sister. I also bought one for my daughter-in-law (and son), who just move to their new house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks the same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Precise, although I had another set of these pots, same brand, but they nest. I assumed that these did also, and I was a little disappointed to find that they didn't.
I bought this set for my sister I have had a set like this for a couple of years they are so fast and can cook a wonderful roast, from the toughest cut of meat . I just love these kettles. I use them for many ,many things. Get a good presure cooking book and you to will be very amazed and happy with this purchase.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
The Fagor 8 qt pressure cooker was recommended by Cooks Illustrated magazine. This set has both 8 qt and 4qt pots. I expect to use the 4qt pot most of the time to cook for two people. I used the included instructions and recipe book to prepare chili and rice, from dried beans, in about an hour. Normally cooking would have required hours just to prepare the beans.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very god quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The lid didn't fit the pot, which is way to loose! I won't call it a pressure cooker as the product i received, so i returned it the following day. Think twice if you're not sure about the quality of the product you order from Overstock.com, cause you need to pay for the return shipping for $$.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. POOR
I had been looking to purchase a pressure cooker for more than several years but was put off by the price of a quality unit. When I spotted the price of the Fagor set offered at Overstock I was sold and immediately ordered the set. I received the set quickly less than 3 days. I had been using the set practically every day and was impressed how fast I was able to prepare dinner. I am more than satisfied with the unit and now looking to get recipes for pressure cooking.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made, thick, polished stainless, yet light and easy to clean
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as is described
So far I've cooked a beef roast and some beef stew. Wow! Fast and tender and juicy. I followed the recipes in the cook book that came with the set, but I can already tell that I'll be able to experiment and cook my own recipes. I like the quickness of pressure cooking, but the quality of the results is what I like me most. The meat just comes out tender and juicy and full of flavor. You don't have to worry that the meat will be tough or dry. The quickness and energy savings are just the icing on the cake!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Both pots are heavy stainless steel, and the pressure lid is heavy also. This is a high-quality, well-built set.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Great pressure cooker. Gets to temperature quckly and is a breeze to use. depressurizing selection is fantastic. Cools off quick when I cook vegetables. Basket is a welcome addition -- I did not have/use one with my previous pressure cooker. Would highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured and described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality. I use it almost every day.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on.