This thing is a nightmare to put together, the instructions appear to have been written by 10 year old who got ahold of a piece of paper and a pen. With that said once you figure it out (or at least think you have) the product looks great! My wife is very happy with it and looks exactly the way she thought it would, I guess that is all that matters!
This is truly a bargain compared to the others I have seen priced all the way up to $3000.00. It looks exactly like the picture. The rings that hold the crystals together are gold instead of silver, but it is not noticable once hung. I was worried that I wouldn't like the thick crystal pieces at the top of the chandelier, but they are actually my favorite part. I would have given it all 5 stars if I hadn't had to assemble it. It took about an hour and a half, but it wasn't that difficult except for the wiring. I also thought the chrome parts weren't the best quality compared to other chandeliers I have purchased, but for the price it is what you would expect. I would recommend this highly to a friend. If you are considering purchasing, don't hesitate, you will be happy with this chandelier.
Just like other reviewers stated, assembly was time consuming and could have been much easeir if some of the pieces were already pre-assembled. We had to use some of our own tools since the one and only wrench that comes with it cannnot really help you complete all the steps. Once assembled, it looked very nice. But the fun was just beginning! It took my talented brother-in-law several hours over two days to complete the wiring and finally install it. The main wires in the lamp piece were not color coded as indicated. With some experimenting we were finally able to solve that issue. When we thought we were almost done, the "nipple 10" piece was too short and we could not secure the last piece up to the ceiling. We decide to try and purchase one at the hardware store and replace it. We do this and then find that the piece was about 1/8 inch too long! So down comes the lamp again and the men now decide to cut this piece down. Well, finally it was done and we were able to hang the chandelier. It looks very nice, but I would hesitate to buy a product like this again unless, you are good at problem solving and have lots of patience. Bottom line, it is a good buy for the price, it does not look cheap, though the crystals could have been better quality.
The light fixture is indeed cheap, but for the return hassle and cost (ten day return; return shipping, plus restocking fee - wasn't worth it), I would have returned it. I installed it, but will be removing it (maybe moving to the master closet - may just donate it). If you are in the market for at least a mid-level fixutre, this is not it.
I absolutely love this light! After much blood sweat and tears trying to put it up, it looks great. It really is not for the faint at heart because it was one of the most difficult lights I have put together, but it was well worth it. The metal shined from the moment I took it out of the box and the fixture radiates in the room when it is turned on. Well worth every penney.
First, the negatives: this chandelier is challenging to put together - not great directions (what a surprise) - it took two very smart people over an hour to complete. Also, the chrome finish has little imperfections here and there. On the positive side: you know how expensive lighting can be, therefore to get something that looks this great for the Overstock price is a real deal. The fabric shade is very nicely constructed. You will not notice the little imperfections in the chrome once the piece is hung - instead you will be admiring how wonderful and updated your dining room looks. I recommend buying it.
I have a walk in closet and was looking for something pretty, reasonably priced and not over the top. I found it, this so pretty that it will go perfect in any room. The only downside..it is a pain to put together and on the inside of the lamp shade, the metal bar that attaches the shade to the fixture is white instead of silver, but you can't tell unless you are standing directly under the fixture...great price!
I installed this chandelier before listing my home. I received compliments from every possible buyer and realtor. I am ordering another for my new home. Looks very elegant but not fussy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
I order this chandelier for my foyer. It is amazing and looks just like the one sold at ***. Don't be surprised. The crystal drops are made of plastic and the top piece look like its made of glass. But when hanging it is gorgeous. Some assembly required. Definitely worth very penny.,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The shade is white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great especially for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat accurate
I purchased this light a few years ago when I first moved into my house. I shopped around online for the perfect chandelier for my dining room because its the first thing you see when you come into my front door. I wanted a crystal chandelier mixed with something modern like the drum shade. I saw this one initially on another site (an expensive home store) for over $***. I was in love, but could not pay that much so continued looking. Needless to say, when I saw the exact same thing, same brand and everything, I jumped on it. It is gorgeous, I love the crystal 'disks' on the top part and the leaf detailing. Everything is expensive looking and perfect. The quality of the shade is great too. I get so many compliments when people come over. :) Happy customer :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect, just as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly right
We bought two of these for lighting above our kitchen island. I was a bit worried that it may look like 'too much' but it is actually perfect. Just enough glam for our remodeled kitchen. I saw these in someones kitchen on Rate My Space and just had to have them....so did my husband and he usually doesn't respond that enthusiastically about light fixtures! They've been up a yr now and I just dust them every so often. They look the same as when I put them up. They are a beautiful addition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
I purchaced this lamp so that we could put it up in place of another chandelier before we put our house on the market. It looked so beautiful that I wanted to have my husband take it down and put the original chandelier back up, but I didn't have the heart. Woe is me! We let the light go with the house!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Couldn't ask for a better quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate picture and description.
It is simply gorgeous as that touch of glamour in my bedroom. I love this chandelier. Not to difficult to assemble. I assembles and installed it myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks exactly like the picture but better.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautifully designed, the crystals are so pretty against the light, they sparkle.
bought to replace Waterford chandelier to sell house - adequate replacement as style modern but with some crystals the metal arms are not that substantial but decent price for the look and use that it was purchased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Beautiful contemporary chandelier with modern drum shade. I've used it in a master bedroom. The combination of Chrome and crystal gives the room a touch of elegance. Only negative was that the crystals are not glass but a plastic or lucite and the little rings that connect the lucite beads and drop are gold and I would have liked them to be silver but overall it looks nice and we are happy with it. It was a great value for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I can't stop looking at this chandelier. It's not too feminine, but with a fabulous touch with refinement and completely dresses up the room. Great amount of light as well for the pseudo-small area it's in.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On point.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Absolutely beautiful and well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Purchased this for a pink marble bathroom - it is so beautiful that it added just the perfect touch of Hollywood glamour!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very well described.
Easy to install and put together, just had to hang the crystals. Have had lots of compliments! Great Chandelier for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very