I love the hammock. It is large enough for two and the rope is very soft. I also purchased the stand and it was very easy to set up. The hammock does not come with any chain or hooks so you do need to purchse that extra. Both hammock and stand are pretty big so you did need room in the yard for them. I love it and would definitely recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked the same to me
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good. My only concern is that the ends of the ropes are taped and not sure this is the best way to prevent fraying. Time will tell.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This hammock is incredibly comfortable. The only problem was that we wanted to use it right away and it didn't come with any hardware to hang it with. It was easy enough to get at the local hardware store, but know that you have to be prepared. Otherwise, it is perfect!
it is so comfortable. I am in it and fall asleep everytime. When you get ready to lie down, grab a stick so you can rock yourself, you will love it!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I like the color (which matches the hammock stand perfectly) because it is natural. We previously had a white hammock and it became dirty in a short period of time. The color of this hammock will hide dirt. The fabric is very soft. The ends of the knots are held together with tape, (my old hammock had the ends sealed) and I hope that the tape holds up. The hammock is very large (we had four people on it, weighing a total of 450lbs).
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This hammock is large and fits two wirh ease. I also purchased the stand and received both very fast. We put the stand together very quick and then TRIED to attach the hammock. It did not fit way to short for stand so we read all paperwork again. Both said use CHAINS provided with product ????? neither had chains. Called Overstock with issue and they took care of the problem. We can now use it and have really enjoyed it.
this is a 2 person hammock, and even tho sized correctly for the stand, when a 170 lb person sat on it, they sank all the way to the ground. when i contacted customer service, they offered to waive return shipping fee due to my 'valued service'. however, i told them i didn't feel i should have to pay to return a defective item in the first place, and they agreed. all in all, customer service was helpful
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this is a 2 person hammock, and even tho sized correctly for the stand, when a 170 lb person sat onit, they sank all the way to the ground.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? inaccurate - did not support one person, let alone 2
I got my hammock delivered ready to set it up. But it appeared that the frame was missing. I contacted the vendor directly as they are listed on the packing slip. When I spoke with him I told him that the website is very deceiving. Only when you scroll down to the bottom of the page does it state that the hammock does not come with a stand. When i purchased it, I reviewed the information on the same page including a picture of the hammock and a stand. Nowhere does it say "without stand". The Buy Now button was readily available, but not the information about the stand not coming with the hammock. When I contacted the vendor who supplies the hammocks, he informs me that he always informs the client that the stand is not included at the top of the page. I tell him that it is not there. The detail about the stand is at the very bottom of the page. He asks me what website I am looking at and I inform him that it is Overstock.com. It is at this point that he tells me that Overstock is the only website that specifically chooses not to put this detail at the top of the page. When I spoke with an Overstock representative, she informs me that there have been several complaints about the issue of the stand but there is nothing she can do about it. The supervisor also feels that the web page is misleading, but can only offer 15% off a stand or arrange a return. It is odd to me that everyone seems to believe that the business practice is at best confusing (but I would qualify it as shady) but no one will do anything about it. I guess one dissatisfied client is the price you pay for hundreds of people duped into a purchase.