Easy to assemble and really easy on my back. I use mine for laundry and bringing groceries up to my apartment. I used to make 3 trips in the elevator until I got this cart. It's strong and handles a lot of weight very well. Note to female senior citizens like myself who don't have a lot of experience putting things together: When you put on the big wheels, make sure to BEND the last little clip you put through the rod to hold the wheels on. If you don't bend it around, it will work itself out and the wheel falls off. Yea, you got it. I didn't bend the clip and both wheels fell off just before I got it to the car to load up. Thank God I managed to gather up all the pieces and put it back together on the spot. For 65 years I have been learning things the hard way. Seems like that isn't going to change any time soon. (;
Heavy gauge steel. Real rubber wheels. This thing turns heads man! Instructions are a tad hard to follow. Here is a tip, move your OLD shopping cart near you when you assemble this. Look at the instruction that come with your order, then look at that section of you OLD chart. The rest is cake. PS: If you don't need the old cart anymore, please donít just throw it in the garbage, give it away or put it where someone who needs it will find it.
Cart was above my expectations.....I use it all the time...for groceries, transporting items and even in the yard!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality; stable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes!
If you have put together the cart before, this product is fine. Otherwise, the instruction is so awful that you cannot understand what the heck goes where. There are many small pieces to put in with the wheels, thank goodness for a male presence who helped me put together, otherwise, I'd be still sitting with these pieces. Before you order, make sure you know how to put together because the instruction SUCKED. (Not much description and poorly drawn sketch. The product is from China) I have never have bought from Overstock.com. This is my advise to you, Overstock. If you want to compete with Amazon, please, please put full disclosure if any product has to be assembled by customer. And make sure the disclosure is BIG so customer can read it. Otherwise, I will think twice before I buy any product from here.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty Sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I didn't see that I had to put together the entire cart! I probably would not have bought it if I had to put together entire cart myself.
Can't compare with other Shopping Carts but seems of reasonable value. The Instruction Sheet is absolutely worthless, and if you do not have some mechanical ability to figure out how it goes together from the pictures would not purchase.
Shopping cart will save me time & energy bringing groceries into my home. It's a joy to wheel the large bags of dog food instead of carrying it, saving me back pain. Should have purchased this years ago!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. XL is sturdy enough to carry 4 bags grocerres
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
have only had occasion to use it once but it is just what i was looking for in a tote cart. it was delivered promptly and all parts were accounted for. it took a while to get it put together because the instruction sheet sucked but over all - glad i made the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the actual color was a bit deeper blue but that's fine it works perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is light weight, easy to manuver and the right size i was looking for
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very acurate discription
The size, height and overall build of the cart is good. The issue is that in order to navigate the cart, the cart must be tilted back onto its wide rear wheels. The cotter pin assembly, as included, in the package is not strong enough to hold the weight advertised. I had a cart full of groceries, a combination of lightweight items like fresh spinach and heavy items like milk. The load was likely less than half of the advertised weight, but even if it was higher... the wheels bowed on the first trip. IF you need a low price cart, this cart may be for you if you can watch the load and are able to tilt and push. This really is not a cart for disabled or elderly persons without the dexterity to balance the cart as the front wheels do not turn. This also is not a cart for persons who want to carry 12 packs or cases of cans or bottles of any kind. I feel that this cart could leave me stranded and would never use it for distance. I plan on using it as little as needed with great care until I can either get my other cart repaired or shell out for a better cart. Purchasing this cart for heavy use because of the great price is a mistake as you will need to purchase another, however light use and light loads should work great or if you are able to find someone to secure the wheels better. I may try a heavier cotter pin and see if that helps. The wheel assembly is the only issue with the cart. however it is an important one, so take care.
Took over an hour to put together. It also had so much tape on it - I am not sure I will ever get all the residue off. A very large cart. Heavy duty wheels. The red color is cute!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very large and seems sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description of cart - should tell how much assembly is needed
Once assembled the shopping cart exceeded my expectations. The only negative for this excellent product is the inadequacy of the directions. My engineer neighbor put the cart together using his common sense, and called the instructions preposterous.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 5 star quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
This cart is a little ghetto. I agree with people that the directions are not very clear. They pretty much show you one picture of the cart only, then describe what to use where, but don't show images of those. I actually gave up and made my boyfriend assemble it. There were a couple parts that didn't actually fit where they were supposed to fit. Once this cart was assembled, I realized that one of the wheels is a little bent, making it roll a bit awkwardly, and it is difficult to turn. It's a rather large cart, so it's still useful for doing laundry and what not, but it's almost too large and awkward, especially with the crappy wheels. Overall, it does the job, but it seems pretty low quality.
First be prepared for a LOT of assembly - you need a tool kit. Second, once assembled, you'll discover the front wheels don't pivot. So it goes only in a straight line unless you tilt it up and move the rear wheels. The handle slips around, nothing to keep it fixed. I'd have sent it back except that would have meant taking it apart. It's OK for laundry but not suited to shopping, won't use it much.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not up to overstock standards
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very
I know many people complained about the assembly, and I agree that the instructions are horrible - it seems like they translated Chinese word for word without thought for grammar or syntax. That being said, I put it together in about 15 minutes without too much frustration. I may not have done it the way it was shown, but it seems to work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This cart is great for moving groceries from the car to the kitchen. My house is an old farm house and I have to take everything through the living room, the dining room and then get to the kitchen. This has changed that process into a one trip operation. It is really great to be able to load everything into one load. This works well.
Axel broke while my cart was full of groceries and this was a replacement grocery cart. I was disappointed...I tried to order a replacement axel and it was too long. Once the replacement axel was place properly on to the cart it too collapased. I went scrambling to right the cart. I depend heavly on my grocery cart, because I am disabled. They used to make grocery carts so much stronger back in the day. When I was a child, our grocery cart lasted for years of being bounce up and down 6 flights of steps with both groceries and laundry! What everhappened to quality made products???
I purchased the Extra Large Heavy Duty shopping cart for hauling our fishing gear, cooler, bait bucket and rods, both out on piers and when we go out on the boat. Sure beats carrying it all and with the Extra large size.... everything fits! The plastic cover on the handle is flimsy... but it is still very much a great product and is sturdy and easy to maneuver.