I used this to make 110 cones for a party we were in charge of. It was celebrating the 1904 World's Fair so I wanted to make ice cream cones . I then made 15 more for a grandchild's birthday. Two things I would reccommend to the manufacturer. One is to put recipes in. There is one, which isn't very good, included in the instruction book but uses grams to measure flour and sugar. I found one online that I was able to change different flavors (cinnamon is the best) and also a chocolate one. the other suggestion would be to include a template to copy for paper holders. It makes it much easier to fill, transport and eat. I used the cone maker to draw one and then cut it out of decorative paper. All in all a very good experience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It looks asif I'll use it many more times
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I bought this unit because I saw something similar to it at ***. I figured I could get it for less at Overstock. However, this is probably a mistake. The quality is lacking on this machine. The very limited directions it provides in English are incorrect. It suggests heating the unit up to maximum heat and the unit will have the red light go off when ready. The problem is that the light never goes off. The recipe for making the cone are all in metric units. No big deal, convert grams to cups. However, it still does not have the correct consistency. Nearly 1 cup of flour, nearly 1 cup of sugar and only 2 eggs. It is too thick with those measurements. I needed to add a solvent in order to be able to pour the the batter onto the machine. The directions don't even tell you how long to leave the machine closed until the cone is ready. Not only that, but the batter sticks and never suggests using a non stick spray ( I used coconut oil). I think I should have paid ***, maybe I would have got a better quality unit and better directions.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not very good. The paint on the unit has already scratched off, after only one use.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok