These are beautiful, heavy COTTON velvet drapes. They have the depth of texture not found in the faux-velvet polyester curtains one often sees. They are lined with a light cotton-like liner, not interlined. I will be interested to see how well they hold up in the summer sun, or if, being cotton, they might fade. For the price they are unbeatable and look much more expensive than they are. Great for a casual or a formal room. I ordered the 108" curtains, 6 panels so far (I am ordering 2 more), and the lengths were consistent which is both unusual and nice! The color is as pictured, at least on my monitor. It is a dark iron grey. With the texture and in different lights I can see it looking dusky purplish at times and brownish at others. They are not blue-grey at all. Warm and neutral. I think they'd go with most color schemes and definitely with any warm color scheme. (Not so great next to my dark loden green couch.) Being a darker grey I don't have to worry about matching grey tones exactly. LOVE these. Do not hesitate to order these.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as on my screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Lightly lined but not interlined.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly
Nice, velvet drapes. Mine actually measures 49", not 50". But no big deal. Color looks like shown. But if you put under artificial light , may look dark purplish brown. Natural light gives that deep dark grey color. Has back tab that you can put rod into that creates rod pocket look without using rings. (But might be hard to move curtain back and forth if you use thick rod. ) overall, I'm satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Color is more eggplant than grey. High quality materials and construction, hang beautifully. They are gorgeous, unfortunately not the iron grey described. Five stars if color was as expected. Would highly recommend if purple brown color would work for you.
I have been looking for grey velvet drapes for seemingly forever - never wanting to go broke over them and not wanting cheap ones either. I am so thrilled that I took the chance on these!!! These curtains are true cotton velvet, great quality and feel! They also were exactly 96" long. The product info didn't say, but these curtains can be hung 3 ways - regular pole top, hidden back tab, and also clip loops on the back. I wouldn't call them 'blackout' since there is no interlining and some amount of sunlight gets in, but they do keep out most light! Mine are on a traverse rod with clip hangers and my hubby and I absolutely love the drapes!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. outstanding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very, though not sure I would call them 'blackout'
VERY NICE CURTAINS! USED IN A SHOWROOM, LOOK CLEAN, ELEGANT AND CHIC. LOVELY.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? PERFECT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY NICE
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? GREAT
A little more than I wanted to spend but I love velvet curtains so I splurged before they sold out. These are worth it. Very weighty and substantial. The color is exactly what I was looking for - a brownish purple gray as opposed to a steel or blue gray. Would definitely recommend if you are searching for top quality custom looking curtains.
Fine curtains for the price. Watch out for tiny holes in the fabric. You can see where they've been repaired in the right light. Iron grey is grey under natural and most LED light. It's purple under anything else. You may have to choose between the curtains or your light bulbs.