Always wanted an Excalibur. I make jewelry and my teacher used one at a class I took and it dried my metal clay jewelry in minutes. As for drying fruit, it not what I expected but it very good. I thought the fruit texture would be like the ones you buy in the stores but I have now discovered that those fruit are freeze dried. This machine makes the fruit a dryer texture but still very flavorful. I was able to process six huge mangoes that weighed a pound and a half each, 4 pears, 3 apples, and 4 kiwi using only 5 of the nine trays. The machine ran all night and it was quiet and did not keep us awake. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so we were sleeping quite nearby. The first batch was prepared with pure lemon juice and the fruit came out nice and tangy. The second batch of mangoes, kiwi, bananas and pears were prepped in 3 different ways. I used citric acid, diluted lemon juice and the honey and sugar method suggested in the manual. All were flavorful and the color nice and bright. The sugar and honey fruit were the sweetest. The entire 2 batches were a total of 8 kiwi, 12 large mangoes (remember 1 1/2 pounds each), 7 pears, 3 apples and 1 banana all held in a 1 gallon zip-lock bag which was only filled about 2/3 to the top. I can't wait to make my next batch.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
We have the stackable Harvest Master and we were hoping that this would hold more meat and it did not. Took as long to cook if bnot longer. The shelves are way to close to gether also it is noiser then the stackable ones.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not good
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No