I had a small area and this bookcase fit perfect..It is very sturdy and I like the bottom shelves with the doors for storage....It holds more than I thought it would..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. its ver good quality considering the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This bookcase looks great when complete and it functioning wonderfully. However, it takes an effort to put the thing together and it comes with a stain pen which was needed a lot to cover blemishes. It's not the highest quality unit but it looks amazing when done.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Moderate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The bookcase was easy to put together. It took a little time to figure where each piece should go, since they weren't labeled. But it wasn't too big of a problem since it could only fit in its place. The quality of the bookcase is very good for the price. The finished piece looks great. The package comes with a dark marker so you can hide little chips and imperfection. Very happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Overall this is a very good product. Nice quality, looks awesome. I was a bit worried when I got it because the pieces weren't labeled for assembly. But you kind if get the jist as you assemble the product. Only took me about am hour.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On point
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good product. Heavy as hell
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Nice bookshelves, I ordered two and they look nice side by side. One bookshelf had a broken, cracked door and I was very pleasantly surprised that it was replaced quickly and without hassle.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Expresso color just like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price. Easy to build (or so my husband says)
The directions are rather expectedly poor. A few simple comments would have saved a lot of time. For the price the quality of the product s average to mediocre. They include a magic marker for a reason not in their favor. (finish easily marred) They include more comment with the magic marker revolving around why one shouldn't take it as a negative sign that they included it, than they spend on giving useful instructions for the product. You have to nail some 47 nails through the cardboard back into the press board. If they had taken the extremely simple and easy step of providing guide holes for the nails, you would most probably not nail through the press board and wreck the finish. Which is almost guaranteed to happen at least once.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
I ordered 2 of these bookcases. After we opened the packaging boxes, we found a few wood panels have scratches and damaged corner. When we assembling them, the wooden panels are easily falling apart and damaged. The quality of the wood panel is so bad. For this price, I would expect something better quality than *** furniture, but turns out a lot more worst then ***.
We bought two of these bookcases and liked them so much we bought two more after needing more shelf space. They are similar in quality to other "assemble it yourself" type furniture, laminate over particle boards. We put a few nicks in the laminate while assembling, but a black sharpie disguised it easily. We have them set up as a room divider, one pair back-to-back with the other. Set up this way there is a light-colored seam visible from the unfinished backs, but the marker helped with that as well. The shelves are adjustable, to a degree. I would prefer if the peg holes ran all the way down the walls as I have many tall textbooks and atlases. As it is I have two shelves that can accommodate the textbooks and two for novel-sized books. If the shelves were fully adjustable I could have three tall shelves. One of the four bookcases we ordered arrived with shipping damage (a hole was punched through the box and into the cabinet doors). I emailed the manufacturer and they sent replacements promptly and for no additional charge.
As other reviews stated this is a nice and pretty good quality piece. Really enhanced the look of our living room/dining room. Does scratch easily but overall looks very elegant and barely noticeable. Price is unbeatable, however once i got i saw from the type of wood it is that its that price bec its not solid wood but still looks really nice.
This bookcase fit perfectly in the space we have for it. It's quite handsome, and you can't tell it's not real wood. This is laminated wood grain over particle board. Was easy to put together and with some dark stain to cover up some light particle board showing thru the dark laminate, it finished up nicely. We only paid $*** for an easily $***-$***-looking piece. That's value.
I can't give a complete review since the package arrived with a key missing piece. I'm usually happy with my Overstock purchases & see this as more an issue with the original manufacturer. After having seen this in person, though, I just don't think it's worth the price.