I was hesitant to buy this online. I wanted a "dark" color but not black. This espresso color was perfect. I have cherry furniture but the cherry color looked a bit different than real cherry wood does. I decided on the espresso as there are dark grains in the wood and the headboard matches perfectly. I also have another particle board piece of furniture in the room that is also espresso colored and this matches perfectly. You can't beat the price! Just follow the other advice already posted about the top screws going through the upper panel if you screw them in too far. I took their advice and I DO NOT have any screws or bumps showing through the top. Thanks for the advice!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than expected!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Color was what i thought it would be for Espresso. The quality is not the greatest, but it was a cheap purchase... it is pressed wood. My husband put it together and the only part he had problems with was the front edge detail... he put it on backward so that the seam was showing and then tried to take it off and turn it around but some of the wood dowels broke. He ended up using wood glue to make sure it stayed on. We took the advice of someone else who had posted and put it together inthe room it was supposed to be in, so itworked out well. there are no brackets to attach it to the bedframe, but i suppose that could be easily fixed, we havent bothered to do it though. Do be careful putting in the screws that go up to the top part of the headboard.. we have a slight bubble where one of the screws are but you cant really notice. Other than that, its exactly what we needed and looks great where we have it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was a deep brown, exactly what i thought it would be
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not bad for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Great headboard that looks fantastic in our room with our king bed. I am 5'2" 110lbs and was able to put this together by myself in about an hour. The instructions were pretty clear and easy to follow, but I also enjoy doing this sort of thing. None of the pieces arrive damaged in any way. The only problem we had was assembling it in the living room and maneuvering it through the bedroom door, so it may be wiser to assemble it in the room you intend on keeping it in! It looks fantastic and is very sturdy, I would buy this brand again in a heartbeat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is definitely a prepac piece of furniture, but it is solid and looks beautiful and expensive when put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Very sturdy and good looking. Got the Expresso and loved the storage
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good value
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I got this put together fairly easily. I had troubles getting the dowels to insert all the way when I put the top piece on into the shelf portion. I finally turned it upside down filled the shelves with books and just stepped on the underside of the shelf and they went right into place. The material is sturdier then cheap Walmart style cabinets but still particle board not real solid wood but it looks great and has a great price tag.
I was very excited to buy this headboard and matching platform storage bed. It looks very nice in our room. Unfortunately, the headboard had holes in it before we even placed it with the bed--we followed the directions to a T and when hammering in a few of the anchors, they went straight through the top of the headboard. The directions could definitely be more specific. We were very careful about putting the bed together and still encountered several difficulties. I would still buy this bed, but I wish I had known before hand that one would be able to say, hammer right through the top of the headboard.
I really liked this even though it wasn't all hardwood. It was very convenient and looked nice. However, there was no option to attach it to the bed or bed frame so it kept moving. If you keep it against the wall, it may work but I had to leave some space in between since it was by the window and we had to leave room for curtains.
When it arrived, one long piece was broken. Overstock promptly shipped a replacement. Then, we found another long piece in the original shipment that was broken in two places. Overstock promptly shipped a replacement. We haven't yet put it together, so maybe it will be just fine. Service from Overstock has been excellent.